Ratings for Dr. Charles Gatto

I've had back problems since my 20's (now I'm in my late 40's)and just dealt with it the best I could. However, in Aug 2012 I suffered a severe injury that was very bad and I could no longer deal with the incessant pain. I was referred to Dr. Gatto and after a couple of months of working with him I elected to have surgery. Dr. Gatto performed a decompression and fusion using the infuse bone product and the usual hardware (screws, rods, pins, etc.). It's been 4 months since the surgery and I feel better than I have in the last 25 years. Recovery has not been easy but I have followed the docs plan and the results have come quickly. In my opinion there's two components to this process; one is the medical care and the other is the personal commitment to recovery part. Dr. Gatto held up his part quite exceptionally and the other part is up to you. Thanks Doc/Sarah and office staff - great job and it is much appreciated as is sleeping through the night and tying my own shoes again!!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

he brought my life back.Thank you-you can not ask for a better surgen

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr, Gatto performed lumbar surgery on me in 2011, I was free of pain after over three months of having to take opioids, and I could walk and dance again. in a few days he will fuse three vertebrae in my neck. I have total confidence in him. But I know that, although he will be restoring my neck's elegant curve and prevent me from winding up more or less like Steven Hawking, I will not be able to look over my shoulder like I did in my twenties. My family physician rates Dr Gatto as "excellent".

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I saw him for a second opinion. felt all he was interested in was trying to convince me to switch. seemed desperate for work.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Im nurse from barnabas health that was place under his. Care for compesation because of back issues . He treated me with utmost caring compassion and. Understanding. He thoroughly explained everything and. Helped me improve. Over the few weeks i saw him. He and his staff are wonderful. I would recommend his care . I didnt have surgery but he treated my symptoms appropriatly

Submitted May 11, 2016

after months of back pain and several cortisone shots i decided to look into surgery. dr gatto was recommended to me....the rest is history. he and his staff were very professional,caring and knowledgeable.i feel great now and have resumed 95% of my activities.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Gatto has performed 2 successful back surgeries on me and done a fantastic job. I can walk and play golf and have minimal pain. I would recommend him to anyone who has a bad back, is suffering and wants their life back. My second surgery was incredibly complicated and I know that I may not have had such a great recovery with another surgeon. His assistant Sarah Ries ,was a tremendous help. She explained all the things the were happening,before and after my surgery. Her level of detail and comforting help, were tremendously helpful in my going through this successfully.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Dr. Gatto and PA Sarah Gibson are the BEST! They listen and are thorough in their diagnosis and treatment. I have and an anterior discectomy and fusion, as well as a lumbar disk removal. I also have had two total hip replacements by Dr. Colizza and his PA Richard Wong. The last one was six months prior to my deployment to Afghanistan. Thanks to Tri-County, I have been able to resume a normal active life! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Only went to him because of a workers comp injury, I guess if your a private patient you might get better service. Had cervical spinal fusion surgery then a week later formed a blood clot, called the office on a Wednesday complaining of pain in my right leg, so bad that I couldn't walk.I was told oh take the pain medication and muscle relaxers and just come to your appointment on Friday, two days later. I just thank God that the clot didn't travel to my lungs and kill me. Of course he told me "Oh this never happens , you weren't under that long, there must be something wrong with you, We'll guess what Pal all my blood test came back negative so far.So now I'm on blood thinners, with an IVC filter in my abdomen. He sent me to some physical therapy, my therapist said she faxed him over a couple of reports , which he never responded to. Nice

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Gatto told my husband that he needed a large operation. he was told tat he needed several levels fused and and old level revised. my husband underwent the surgery but he is worse now. very unhappy he should never have listened to him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr. Charles Gatto's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1992)

HealthFirst