Ratings for Dr. Charles Gatto

Worse doctor ever met. After 2 failed cervical spinal surgeries he left me in chronic pain and just did not care. He terminated my disability. I lost my home and on permanent disability. Don't let him do this to you!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Im nurse from barnabas health that was place under his. Care for compesation because of back issues . He treated me with utmost caring compassion and. Understanding. He thoroughly explained everything and. Helped me improve. Over the few weeks i saw him. He and his staff are wonderful. I would recommend his care . I didnt have surgery but he treated my symptoms appropriatly

Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Gatto is not only the most arrogant doctor I have ever dealt with, but he also has ruined my livelihood. I had C Spine surgery by him 2 years ago and I still have not recovered. I have right sided hemiparesis of my arm and leg. Still have spasms on my right side and can not return to work. I am on the verge of losing my home, as a result of the inability to be hired. My vocal cords were damaged during the surgery as well. They no longer close fully to produce sound and swallow without fear of aspiration. He discontinued my physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy against all of the above therapists objected as I needed much more in their own words. He has no compassion. Hate to say it but I believe he is only in practice to make money and not to follow his oath.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

He spent more time dictating into recorder than he spent with me. Ultimately told me that I had to have a big operation which I sadly consented to. It was a big mistake. The whole thing was a big mistake.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Felt as though he talked me in to an operation that didn't work.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

after months of back pain and several cortisone shots i decided to look into surgery. dr gatto was recommended to me....the rest is history. he and his staff were very professional,caring and knowledgeable.i feel great now and have resumed 95% of my activities.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

My husband had sciatica for one year. He saw dr Gatto who told him he had to have surgery right away or he could loose leg function. All of a sudden my husband was pressured in to a big operation. We didn't know any better but went to the hospital. The surgery took several hours and he had a leakage of fluid that kept him upside down in bed for several days. His sciatica never went away. Dr Gatto kept saying it will go away but it never did. He now has constant leg pain and back pain and stiffness that is worse now. Really believe that dr Gatto talked us into something that was not an emergency. Would have liked a second opinion but he said initially that there was no time. Only went to him because his partner who did my hand surgery told me to go to him. This was a very big mistake.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Very frustrated in several counts. First went to him because he was in network and the got a bill from his partner who was not in network. What a scam. Second after surgery he kept telling me the pain would go away but it never has. Third, finally went to another doctor for another opinion who told me the surgery I had didn't match the operation report. Lastly felt as though he didn't care.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Dr. Charles Gatto's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1992)

Oxford
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worse doctor ever met. After 2 failed cervical spinal surgeries he left me in chronic pain and just did not care. He terminated my disability. I lost my ho..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I saw him for a second opinion. felt all he was interested in was trying to convince me to switch. seemed desperate for work."

May 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Im nurse from barnabas health that was place under his. Care for compesation because of back issues . He treated me with utmost caring compassion and. Understan..."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gatto is not only the most arrogant doctor I have ever dealt with, but he also has ruined my livelihood. I had C Spine surgery by him 2 years ago and I stil..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible phone system can never get a live person on the phone and they never call back. "

February 26, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "He spent more time dictating into recorder than he spent with me. Ultimately told me that I had to have a big operation which I sadly consented to. It was a bi..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Felt as though he talked me in to an operation that didn't work. "

January 16, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "after months of back pain and several cortisone shots i decided to look into surgery. dr gatto was recommended to me....the rest is history. he and his staff we..."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband had sciatica for one year. He saw dr Gatto who told him he had to have surgery right away or he could loose leg function. All of a sudden my husband ..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very frustrated in several counts. First went to him because he was in network and the got a bill from his partner who was not in network. What a scam. Second a..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gatto has performed 2 successful back surgeries on me and done a fantastic job. I can walk and play golf and have minimal pain. I would recommend him to any..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gatto at first, seemed caring and concerned. He told me if I did not have C Spine surgery , I would become paralyzed. I had 2 levels done. I had terrible com..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Staff Sucks, I Wouldn't Even Bring My Pet Here For Help, Awful Dervice"

September 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gatto and PA Sarah Gibson are the BEST! They listen and are thorough in their diagnosis and treatment. I have and an anterior discectomy and fusion, as we..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Went to him for second opinion. Felt he was more interested in trying to convince me to switch to him. Get a life buddy what's your problem. "

August 7, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Went to him for second opinion. he told me I need a big revision. He tried very hard to tell me it had to be done or I could loose ability to walk. What nonsens..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Only went to him because of a workers comp injury, I guess if your a private patient you might get better service. Had cervical spinal fusion surgery then a wee..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been under the care of Dr. Gatto for 3 months following a work injury to my lower back. He has not addressed my pain and refuses to do any studies or pre..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Actually saw him through my workers comp insurance. I was scheduled for surgery by another doctor. He told me that I didn't need surgery and told me to get a ..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Run away. Please. I was never one to care about bedside manner. As long as a doctor was highly skilled, personality was not too important. But, Dr. Gatto not on..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "After having bad back pain on and off for 25+ years, Dr. Gatto and his team did a great job. I knew after surgery, that i was better. After 8 weeks I was snow..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Weird. Saw him for surgical opinion and he told me my last fusion from years ago had never healed and that he had to revise it. I told him I did great after my ..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worse DR. Will never even send my enemies to him because he is just so terrible. Very rude, never spends time with you to allow you to ask questions, and never ..."

March 14, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gatto is a fantastic surgeon! He did an ACDF surgery on my herniated C5/6 disc. It went so well that I was in almost no pain afterwards! I took a tylenol a ..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "All I can say is I would not take a dog to see Dr Charles Gatto how rude"

January 20, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "All I can say is really. Somewhat rude and speak into a dictaphone more than to me. Not terribly confident and felt like only interested in a big operation. I l..."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Was told I needed injections. Then was told I needed surgery. Then was told by another doctor that it wasn't my back but was a kidney stone and guess what. It w..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Had a big revision operation only to find out by surgeon in New York that it wasn't nevessary. :(. No better."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Wasn't too happy. He was very quick and spent more time talking into microphone."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "After feeling comfortable with Dr Gatto after my first visit, I entrusted myself to him. In the history of my personal medical profession, I have witnessed ev..."

October 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=9135'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.2

March 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=9135'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014