Ratings for Dr. Charles Gatto

After several attempts with epidurals and approximately seven Medrol pack's within a five month . Which I find out later should have never have been taking that many. He told me I need it laminectomy surgery. It was all downhill from there until one day in the office he finally said there was nothing else he could do for me and left me in worse condition than I started. I am now with another Doctor Who has no other choice but to do a spinal fusion as a result of the botched surgery by Dr. Gatto. Ironically when I went to my new doctor he had said to me, oh, you're one of Dr. Gatto's patients, the guy who likes to operate on people and then tell them there was nothing else he could do for them. Had his staff talk to you and all he does is walk into the office afterword to talk it to his recorder.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Worse doctor ever met. After 2 failed cervical spinal surgeries he left me in chronic pain and just did not care. He terminated my disability. I lost my home and on permanent disability. Don't let him do this to you!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I saw him for a second opinion. felt all he was interested in was trying to convince me to switch. seemed desperate for work.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Im nurse from barnabas health that was place under his. Care for compesation because of back issues . He treated me with utmost caring compassion and. Understanding. He thoroughly explained everything and. Helped me improve. Over the few weeks i saw him. He and his staff are wonderful. I would recommend his care . I didnt have surgery but he treated my symptoms appropriatly

Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Gatto is not only the most arrogant doctor I have ever dealt with, but he also has ruined my livelihood. I had C Spine surgery by him 2 years ago and I still have not recovered. I have right sided hemiparesis of my arm and leg. Still have spasms on my right side and can not return to work. I am on the verge of losing my home, as a result of the inability to be hired. My vocal cords were damaged during the surgery as well. They no longer close fully to produce sound and swallow without fear of aspiration. He discontinued my physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy against all of the above therapists objected as I needed much more in their own words. He has no compassion. Hate to say it but I believe he is only in practice to make money and not to follow his oath.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Terrible phone system can never get a live person on the phone and they never call back.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

He spent more time dictating into recorder than he spent with me. Ultimately told me that I had to have a big operation which I sadly consented to. It was a big mistake. The whole thing was a big mistake.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Felt as though he talked me in to an operation that didn't work.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

after months of back pain and several cortisone shots i decided to look into surgery. dr gatto was recommended to me....the rest is history. he and his staff were very professional,caring and knowledgeable.i feel great now and have resumed 95% of my activities.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

My husband had sciatica for one year. He saw dr Gatto who told him he had to have surgery right away or he could loose leg function. All of a sudden my husband was pressured in to a big operation. We didn't know any better but went to the hospital. The surgery took several hours and he had a leakage of fluid that kept him upside down in bed for several days. His sciatica never went away. Dr Gatto kept saying it will go away but it never did. He now has constant leg pain and back pain and stiffness that is worse now. Really believe that dr Gatto talked us into something that was not an emergency. Would have liked a second opinion but he said initially that there was no time. Only went to him because his partner who did my hand surgery told me to go to him. This was a very big mistake.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr. Charles Gatto's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ