Ratings for Dr. Charles Gatto

I've had back problems since my 20's (now I'm in my late 40's)and just dealt with it the best I could. However, in Aug 2012 I suffered a severe injury that was very bad and I could no longer deal with the incessant pain. I was referred to Dr. Gatto and after a couple of months of working with him I elected to have surgery. Dr. Gatto performed a decompression and fusion using the infuse bone product and the usual hardware (screws, rods, pins, etc.). It's been 4 months since the surgery and I feel better than I have in the last 25 years. Recovery has not been easy but I have followed the docs plan and the results have come quickly. In my opinion there's two components to this process; one is the medical care and the other is the personal commitment to recovery part. Dr. Gatto held up his part quite exceptionally and the other part is up to you. Thanks Doc/Sarah and office staff - great job and it is much appreciated as is sleeping through the night and tying my own shoes again!!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I saw him for a second opinion. felt all he was interested in was trying to convince me to switch. seemed desperate for work.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Im nurse from barnabas health that was place under his. Care for compesation because of back issues . He treated me with utmost caring compassion and. Understanding. He thoroughly explained everything and. Helped me improve. Over the few weeks i saw him. He and his staff are wonderful. I would recommend his care . I didnt have surgery but he treated my symptoms appropriatly

Submitted May 11, 2016

after months of back pain and several cortisone shots i decided to look into surgery. dr gatto was recommended to me....the rest is history. he and his staff were very professional,caring and knowledgeable.i feel great now and have resumed 95% of my activities.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Gatto has performed 2 successful back surgeries on me and done a fantastic job. I can walk and play golf and have minimal pain. I would recommend him to anyone who has a bad back, is suffering and wants their life back. My second surgery was incredibly complicated and I know that I may not have had such a great recovery with another surgeon. His assistant Sarah Ries ,was a tremendous help. She explained all the things the were happening,before and after my surgery. Her level of detail and comforting help, were tremendously helpful in my going through this successfully.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Dr. Gatto and PA Sarah Gibson are the BEST! They listen and are thorough in their diagnosis and treatment. I have and an anterior discectomy and fusion, as well as a lumbar disk removal. I also have had two total hip replacements by Dr. Colizza and his PA Richard Wong. The last one was six months prior to my deployment to Afghanistan. Thanks to Tri-County, I have been able to resume a normal active life! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Only went to him because of a workers comp injury, I guess if your a private patient you might get better service. Had cervical spinal fusion surgery then a week later formed a blood clot, called the office on a Wednesday complaining of pain in my right leg, so bad that I couldn't walk.I was told oh take the pain medication and muscle relaxers and just come to your appointment on Friday, two days later. I just thank God that the clot didn't travel to my lungs and kill me. Of course he told me "Oh this never happens , you weren't under that long, there must be something wrong with you, We'll guess what Pal all my blood test came back negative so far.So now I'm on blood thinners, with an IVC filter in my abdomen. He sent me to some physical therapy, my therapist said she faxed him over a couple of reports , which he never responded to. Nice

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Gatto told my husband that he needed a large operation. he was told tat he needed several levels fused and and old level revised. my husband underwent the surgery but he is worse now. very unhappy he should never have listened to him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I have been under the care of Dr. Gatto for 3 months following a work injury to my lower back. He has not addressed my pain and refuses to do any studies or prescribe any medications because I am pregnant, even after receiving a letter from my OB stating exactly what interventions carried no risk. I fear I have been misdiagnosed and will be requesting a second opinion from my workers comp insurance as he has essentially refused to treat me. Today after noting that my symptoms were worse, he released me back to work. I cannot even go grocery shopping by myself I will be returning to work full time. In a nutshell: He will not listen to you, or even talk to you. If you want to know what is up with your case pay close attention to what he says in his dictaphone. Clear your schedule: be prepared to wait 2 hours for a 5 minute visit. The office staff, while polite has failed to put my appointments on the schedule 3 times resulting in the need to reschedule appointments or wait even longer to be seen. If at all possible see a different doctor. I have had enough excellent care to know seeing this guy is a waste of time. I am about to return to work worse than I was 3 months ago due to his inattentiveness and lack of care. I intend to follow this experience with complaints to the medical review board and a consult with a lawyer as I feel my pain has certainly been prolonged due to lack of treatment while under his "care."

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Run away. Please. I was never one to care about bedside manner. As long as a doctor was highly skilled, personality was not too important. But, Dr. Gatto not only is rude and never even came to my bedside after delicate 2 level c spine surgery, but he has ruined my body. I can no longer work, I can no longer enjoy life. It's been almost 2 years. I went to a neurosurgeon and he said Dr. Gatto really messed me up. This neurosurgeon was visibly upset when he looked at my pre and post operative MRIs. Unfortunately, he told me the damage has been done and there is no more surgery that could repair what he has done. This is your life. Do your research. Don't allow workers compensation to force a hack orthopedist to do your surgery. Fight tooth and nail and go to a Good neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Dr. Charles Gatto's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ