Ratings for Dr. Charles Gatto

On 9/23/2017, our son returned to play D1 college football after having minimally invasive microdiscectomy surgery on 6/10/2017. To our family this is the best testament to the professionalism, trustworthiness and quality of care he received from Dr. Gatto. We are so grateful and highly recommend Dr. Gatto and his staff at The Advanced Spine Center.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

“Had a severely degenerated L5S1 that was pretty much bone on bone and causing chronic pain. I had been monitoring it for some time with Dr Gatto and was under no pressure to have it surgically remediated, although I knew it was inevitable. Finally in August of 2016 I decided to have a fusion of the L5S1 level to stabilize the spine and decrease pain. I made sure to have enough recovery time post surgery and followed Dr Gatto's post surgical instructions to the letter. The first week was tough, as I expected it would be, but got markedly better daily as did my mobility. I believe I actually regained some lost height as the collapsed disk space had its height restored. I was able to drive after 2 weeks and I returned to the office in just under a month, although I wore a brace as instructed. By January 2017, in under 6 months, I had a solid fusion and by the end of January I was able to resume physical fitness training at my gym. Now at age 50, I am as strong and physically fit as I've ever been. I periodically have some stiffness and pain but nothing like prior to the surgery and I believe that the nerves and muscles are still healing and regenerating and slowly but surely everything will resolve itself. I have also had a successful fusion in my cervical spine C5C6 by Dr Gatto in 2011 and I healed quickly and fully. I have no reservations recommending and referring others to Dr. Gatto and I will work with he and his staff again if needed

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

he brought my life back.Thank you-you can not ask for a better surgen

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr, Gatto performed lumbar surgery on me in 2011, I was free of pain after over three months of having to take opioids, and I could walk and dance again. in a few days he will fuse three vertebrae in my neck. I have total confidence in him. But I know that, although he will be restoring my neck's elegant curve and prevent me from winding up more or less like Steven Hawking, I will not be able to look over my shoulder like I did in my twenties. My family physician rates Dr Gatto as "excellent".

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Worse doctor ever met. After 2 failed cervical spinal surgeries he left me in chronic pain and just did not care. He terminated my disability. I lost my home and on permanent disability. Don't let him do this to you!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I saw him for a second opinion. felt all he was interested in was trying to convince me to switch. seemed desperate for work.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Im nurse from barnabas health that was place under his. Care for compesation because of back issues . He treated me with utmost caring compassion and. Understanding. He thoroughly explained everything and. Helped me improve. Over the few weeks i saw him. He and his staff are wonderful. I would recommend his care . I didnt have surgery but he treated my symptoms appropriatly

Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Gatto is not only the most arrogant doctor I have ever dealt with, but he also has ruined my livelihood. I had C Spine surgery by him 2 years ago and I still have not recovered. I have right sided hemiparesis of my arm and leg. Still have spasms on my right side and can not return to work. I am on the verge of losing my home, as a result of the inability to be hired. My vocal cords were damaged during the surgery as well. They no longer close fully to produce sound and swallow without fear of aspiration. He discontinued my physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy against all of the above therapists objected as I needed much more in their own words. He has no compassion. Hate to say it but I believe he is only in practice to make money and not to follow his oath.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

after months of back pain and several cortisone shots i decided to look into surgery. dr gatto was recommended to me....the rest is history. he and his staff were very professional,caring and knowledgeable.i feel great now and have resumed 95% of my activities.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Gatto has performed 2 successful back surgeries on me and done a fantastic job. I can walk and play golf and have minimal pain. I would recommend him to anyone who has a bad back, is suffering and wants their life back. My second surgery was incredibly complicated and I know that I may not have had such a great recovery with another surgeon. His assistant Sarah Ries ,was a tremendous help. She explained all the things the were happening,before and after my surgery. Her level of detail and comforting help, were tremendously helpful in my going through this successfully.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Dr. Charles Gatto's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1992)

• Anthem Mcare Replacement