Ratings for Dr. Kim Gillies

Buddy of mine a the gym suggested that I contact Dr. G. about a rotator cuff problem that I've had for a while. So made an appointment and turned up a bit early. Filled in the paper work and waited. And waited. And waited. An hour later, still no doctor! So I told the receptionist I was leaving. I intended to reschedule but by the following day I had changed my mind. Loss of trust. I don't have any confidence in a doctor that would leave her patient hanging for over an hour. I don't know what the problem was and nobody made any attempt to explain. FWIW, my only rating that is meaningful is punctuality. The other ratings don't apply as I never met the doctor. I think that doctors in this type of setting owe it to their patients to schedule appointments wisely. Under circumstances similar to the one I faced the patient should be told that there is going to be a delay. If the delay is excessive the patient should be given the choice of several alternatives: - reschedule the appointment. - go for a coffee or something and come back later when the wait won't be so long. - just sit and wait.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Yes, it may be a bit of a wait to get in to see her, but this is only because she is so helpful to so many people - Kim is well woth the wait. I was in physio, massage and acupuncture for 3 months with a rotator cuff injury with little improvement - Kim was the practitioner who was finally able to help me.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Gillies is a very caring, wonderful doctor. She is attentive to your patients needs. A GREAT doctor...more doctor's should strive to meet her level of care!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Dr. Gillies is the best Chiropractor in town. Yes, once in awhile it may take a day or two to get in but if it is a true emergency and you can not wait that long, she will do her best to accommodate. Either coming in early or staying late if she can. I never let my back pain go on so long that I cant move, so I book regular appointments to stay in good form.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2007

Dr.Gillies is an amazing person and an incredible Doctor. I have recommended her to all my family and friends. She is thourgh and most importantly "She fixes me!" She gets straight to the problem, explaines what is happening and makes it right. I have suffered with painful headaches most of my adult life... Thanks to Kim, not any more.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

she has a good personality and seems very nice. But when you need an appointment it an take a few days to a week and a half to get one. She is not flexible at all in her hours and will not EVER squeeze you in for an appointment no matter how much pain you are in. One time when I was in alot of pain I called for an appointment and the earliest I could get in was 9 days later. I had a problem with this and I talked directly with her and she told me " you need to find a male chiropractor without kids because I won't ever squeeze you in because then I would be late to pick up my children from the daycare." WOW my jaw was on the floor. Now,in my opinion, there is a doctor that is working strictly for the money and really doesn't care for her patients. I will never go back to her and will never recommend her and I tell my story to anyone who will listen

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007