Ratings for Dr. D.G. Metcalfe

How do they let this f*&^er practice medicine is beyond me. ZERO compassion for his patients. Stir clear of this clown and find yourself a real doctor. Always annoyed, no matter how slight the request is. Only in Alberta can someone like this be called a "doctor".

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

left me hanging over an operation,. I went to him over a year ago and I still don't have my operation for enlarged prostrate. frustrated.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Do NOT go to this doctor if you do not like to die yet!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

Worst doctor ever. Arrogant. Mansplains. Went to him for my kidney stone, he did the lithotripsy once, the stone was still there and caused me a lot of pain. He told me the pin was no big deal and I should deal with it. Told him I was also experiencing UTI's and he said he wouldn't consider those because they didn't happen enough so he said they were unrelated to my stone. I didn't like the way he manspained things to me. Very unprofessional, rude, and arrogant.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr Metcalfe hurt me more than any other Dr. could ever have. I have a TVT in my body thanks to him that I can't get removed, left me sick, disabled and in chronic pain. After the surgery, I could not void and was in so much distress that the head nurse decided to keep me overnight. Dr. Metcalfe came in the next morning and yelled at me for being there and sent me home to self-catheter. Prior to the surgery, he gave me no information other than the surgery would fix me up. I am still using a catheter years later and am chronically ill because of the polypropylene mesh. When I approached the Dr.'s office for my medical records I was ignored. It took the Ombudsperson to finally secure that information because there was no identifiable sticker indicating what the product was inside me. Dr. Metcalfe is one of the most arrogant, rude and uncaring specialists that I have ever met.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Dr Metcalfe has been my Doctor for many years,have had many cystos for a cancer that started 30 yrs ago. He has always been very kind and caring,I have nothing but good thought about this gentleman. To other who are going through the treatment and check ups. I am here today because of my belief in God and excellent care. Thank you DR Metcalfe.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

I found this Doctor very good at his job and managed in one surgery to do what the previous doctor couldn't do in 3 surgeries. I had a big, hard to break kidney stone that Dr. D. G. Metcalfe managed to destroy it in one small surgery and within 3 hours i was out of the hospital. He followed up with me and updated me on all that happened and gave me the medications that i need for the next month.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Metcalfe removed my prostate 3 yrs ago and has provided me with excellent care through out my cancer scare. He answered all my questions and provided reassurance. I couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and had a radical prostatectomy. I was quite anxious with the diagnosis but once meeting with Dr. Metcalfe I felt reassured that everything would be alright. Dr. Metcalfe took excellent care of me during and after my hospital stay. I appreciate not only his surgical skills, but also the kindness and caring both he and his staff have shown me. You have my greatest admiration and appreciation.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

My husband was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. He is quite young and we were quite shocked with the news. Dr. Metcalfe spent a long time explaining all options to us. He then set up an appointment with the radiotherapist. After another visit we decided on surgery. He performed robotic surgery to remove the prostate. He recovered in all ways very quickly. Through the whole episode I was very grateful for Dr. Metcalfe's care and would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011