Ratings for Dr. William Joseph Mahoney

I have all opposite to say about this doctor. My son was four when we came to see him. He did not do anything ( not even exchanged a word) w my son just spent an hour of my husbands time to convince us that my child is autistic. I did not agree w that and went to get second and third opinion, which proved me right but yet states that my child was diagnosed, how can u diagnose someone without proper assessments, just seamed he felt like he needed to give someone that diagnose. Years after I discovered that there is more involved in diagnozinig, not only talking to parents and not even listening to us. Worst doctor ever

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

If anyone is giving this doctor a high rating, it is coming from an extremely biased view point to help balance the negative comments. Aside from rude secretaries and disgraceful follow-up in our situation, Dr. Mahoney eluded that my daughter was anxious and did not listen to our concerns about our daughter being on the spectrum, even with proof that her older sibling was on the spectrum. How can a doctor turn a blind eye to early intervention by not giving them a preliminary diagnosis to get the "ball rolling" so that truly concerned parents can move forward with appropriate models to help their children achieve gains that are necessary in the development of a child's self-esteem at the very least. I have now been approached by the school system which is what I wanted to be prepared for and feel like we have lost valuable time in getting the help we needed by waiting in a queue for an appointment for Dr.Mahoney and not receiving any help by him as he downplays parents worries in a way that allows him to get away with this type of nonsense.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr Mahoney would not give our son a diagnosis and it took a third visit, a year later do get one, which put him back in the waiting list for IBI. Because of the process with the system, there was nowhere else we could go, so we didn't have much choice. The secretary is very hard to work with and almost feel like you're bothering her.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I have nothing but problems with trying to get my son help for his condition. They never return my calls and getting an appointment is very difficult. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone, partly because his secretary seems completely USELESS AND RUDE!!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

secretary needs to be replaced very objectionable when you make a referral appointment,must check on this referral,she isnt a damned doctor,do your job ...you have no right to talk to patients like they are****...

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

This doctor refused to give our special needs child any sort of definitive diagnosis for years. He is now almost 7 and just received a diagnosis today by another pediatrician in Hamilton, which should've happened years ago through Dr. Mahoney. He never gave us referrals for all these community resources that we just received through another pediatrician today. For the first time, we now feel hope, instead of hopelessness, for our special needs child's future. We will never go back to him, nor recommend him to any parent. I don't know exactly what the fine line is between expressing your opinion and being libelous, but these comments are truly depictive of what we went through in trying to get our special needs child a definitive diagnosis and help for his future while in the care of Dr. Mahoney. It is not libelous to write the truth. We have hope today. We are now being referred to several community resources, and our special needs child will now be able to reach his fullest potential.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

LOVE THIS DOCTOR !!! he is so helpful and completely interested in your child. Just a wonderful man and Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

Excellent, thorough and conscientious doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

Wonderful doctor. He is very caring. Is quick to respond. Calls back personally if anything comes up. Questions a lot to get to the bottom of the delays. His secretary can be rude and difficult to get through, but I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007