Ratings for Dr. Kristen Maureen Hallett

Dr Hallety treated my baby boy at McMaster and refused to give up until she figured out his illness and made him better. So supportive and understanding for parents!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr. Hallet listened to us and was able to assess our daughters situation, and finally we were able to have a diagnosis and treatment. Thank you so much Dr. Hallet! You are funny, kind, knowledgeable, and most importantly you listened!!! Thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

My infant daughter had to see Dr. Hallet twice to follow up on some concerns that my family doctor had. She was very nice and very thorough. She asked lots of questions and listened closely and was very helpful. Our first appointment was almost an hour long which was a welcome change since most doctors are always in such a rush. I was partially sad when my daughter's issues were resolved and we didn't need to go and see her anymore because I was amazed at all of the great tips I got from her both visits.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Absolutely uncaring of my daughter where we first met while she was on call at McMaster. She is a liar claiming to have contacted our family doctor with medication that we needed BEFORE we were discharged. Heaven forbid you question this doctor at all. If you do she will put on her....how dare you?.... God like syndrome which clearly made me mistrust her and I have recently reported her to the medical board. Maybe she's having either mid life crisis or going through a severe case of "the change"

Submitted February 11, 2014

We had a hard time with Dr. Hallet. Our son was newly recognized by her for ADHD, she diagnosed Biphentin after 15 minutes with him. He had a terrible drug reaction (yes it was distributed properly) and we received no support from her regarding his psychotic bursts while on the drug. We kept having to communicate through phone messages with her receptionist. When we did finally did get a live person on the phone, she [the receptionist] started diagnosing over the phone! I told her we had to speak to the doctor immediately. So we finally got in after five attempts. Our son was then switched to Concerta which worked much better, but we had to push for a follow up appointment in six months instead of 12. She completely missed his signs for Asperger's syndrome. We understood this because our son's ADHD, was very consuming in terms of his behaviour on a first meeting. However it was another doctor that suspected and tested for Asperger's.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Dr. Hallett is great. She had diagnosed my daughter and put us on a treatment right away when our family doctor couldn't help at this point. Her receptionist is another story. She is not helpful or friendly and seems to take pleasure in not being able to accomodate you with an appointment. I have had every booked appointment rescheduled due to conflicts at the office.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

You can not ask for a better doctor..top notch. When my 10 day old son broke out in blisters on his groin my family doctor was on holidays. I had my follow up with my OB and asked him for help with my son and he called Dr. Hallett and she said she would see him as soon as I could get to her office. She was excellent, thorough and so personable. Also for some who don't know if it wasn't for her god knows how many kids would have died or had permanent damage from the Walkerton water fiasco. She was the best doctor we had in Owen Sound and is still very much missed.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Dr. Hallett is a great one. She was able to cut through the smoke and get to the root of my sons difficulties quickly when other Doctors were stumped. Not super keen on the receptionist though. She often comes across as rude and unhelpful. She doesn't take the time to let you finish your sentence before uttering her own.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

If it werent for Dr K Hallett in owen sound back in 2005 my child would have been taken away my baby then 6mths was suffering eczema i took my baby to owen sound hospital due and being first nations all fn babies have a dark mark on there lower back that is life long nurses alerted CAS and said my baby was bruised with force Dr.Hallett came into the room which notified the staff in a tone to let the nurses and doctors all come into the room and reminded them that FN babies have a mongoloid mark on their lower backs and asked that the take a good note and not to let this happen again i was made to feel i had no say when the nurses pushed me away and said some awful awful words and i thanked Dr.Hallet for her information to back up my circumstance and treated her patient that Dr.Hallett was already seeing thanks to her my daughter overcome the rash without anymore outbreaks. Awesome empathetic Doctor

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr. Hallett is wonderful. For such a busy pediatrician you never feel rushed or have to wait to be seen. She knows up to date treatment options and is very encouraging. As a first time mother to a very sick little girl it would be easy to doubt myself, but Dr. Hallett always makes me feel like I am doing a good job and never makes me feel inadequate or stupid for asking questions. I would consider having another baby because of the reassurance Dr. Hallett has given me. I will be forever grateful to her!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011