Ratings for Dr. M.S. Renuka Prasad

I'm waiting for my 4:45 appointment. It is currently one hour later. The staff has told me he was on time but that he is also running a clinic upstairs. I feel that Prasad has WAY TOO BIG OF AN EGO..HE FEELS THAT SOMEHOW HIS TIME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE ELSE'S. Frankly I have requested a different psychiatrist over six times. Each time I was told that he would find me someone good. And here I sit in his office over two years later. No action has been taken to aquire me a new psychiatrist. Im disgusted by this man doctor etc. I cannot believe that he still practicing!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Prasad for at least 8 years. He may not initially come across as "warm and fuzzy" but he truly is caring man an good psychiatrist. It appears he is in no need of more clients either. He is quite literally run off his feet. He has helped me lots over the years including taking special interest in my situation which includes suicide ideation as well as other problems causing depression. While others rate him as being interested in only prescribing drugs, he does have other alternatives too. Occasionally he runs late but on the other hand I have never been rushed out of the office regardless of the patient backlog in the waiting room. My only complaint is that he generally takes appointments later in the day. I have never had a morning appointment which I would prefer. The office staff is excellent too and they always confirm appointments a day or two before.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Exactly what others have said. This doctor is not a good or caring person. Seems all about the money and likes to use medication and ECT when other interventions would be safer. Toxic drugs or brain disabling shock... Yup, that seems like the way to treat emotional distress. Does not seem to understand it is better to do nothing than to do something harmful. Keeps marginal careless notes. As the other rater said, stay away if you value your well being.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

in my opinion " Doctor " Prasad is NOT a good man who actually cares about people .. and he knows how little chance for successful " treatment " there is by simply stuffing you with expensive " medications " .. I believe he is motivated by one underlying principle .. and that is simply to stuff his own pockets with lots and lots of money. I saw him on a monthly basis for over 5 years .. I felt like a Guinea Pig with all of the drugs he prescribed for me without once mentioning the side effects I might expect. One of the key drugs in his " arsenal" was Seroquel .. I ended up with Cataracts in both eyes at a relatively young age .. the surgeon who later operated on my eyes coincidentally had been involved in the " Double Blind " studies conducted in the USA told me that one of the side effects they were beginning to find with Seroquel (Quetiapine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seroquel) was CATARACTS .. so the trials were quickly shut down before they could truly document it. Money Talks.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

he was absolutely one of the worst doctors ive ever had(Besides thakur) my first appointment with him he was 45 min late, and didnt apologize at all, i was suffering from bipolar, and bad depression , part of my depression was due to my weight, and he said the rudest thing a doctor could say, "you should move to texas, everything is bigger in texas" like what doctor in their right mind would say that to a patient who has issues with their weight, i only saw him a couple more times, the last straw was him being almost 2 hrs late(know i shouldnt of waited that long but needed a med refill and some issues to discuss) i personally think hes an incompetent moron, who shouldnt be practicing medicine, and leave treating people to the professionals, i feel sorry for anyone that has this man as a doctor, my advice would be find a new doctor dont waste ur time with him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

This psychiatrist told me that I had a very difficult case to treat, there was no more he could do, and that I should just go home and learn to live with it. He didn't put me in touch with any community supports, therapy, or offer anything like Day Hospital. He took my hope, and he was wrong. I moved cities, saw another pdoc, and we tried different meds, and day hospital, and now I am doing well, volunteering and part-time work. I was at about 20% - 30% functioning and now am at about 80%. If I hadn't moved I am fairly certain I would be dead by my own hands.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

This doctor is a deplorable representation of his profession. A relative of mine wanted a guardian. He was quite unco-operative and then refused to submit the paperwork necessary to proceed. He does not return phone calls. He is rude and insensitive to patient concerns.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

I've had many Doctors over the course of my life but Dr. Prassad is really the worst. He doesn't seem to care about you and shows no sensitivity to concerns that are raised. He seems to understand little and is constantly talking to family members during appointements. His manner also is pitifull. He seemed to look down on me from the first meeting.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Diagnosed. Misunderstood. Slow, Late Appointments. This doctor thinks medicine is the underlying solution to every psychological problem. I had great issues that the medicine only made worse due to side effects, heavy convulsions, major drowsiness and worse clarity of thought. After deciding on my own to get off the medicine perscribed by prasad and trying 3 different types I felt much better and lost many side effects within a week. Time, logical thinking and understanding have made me recover 80% on my own and better everyday after no longer seeing this doctor. I suggest finding a much better rated doctor and trying them out instead! Thanks for reading.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Prasad regularly for some time. I wasn't impressed with him at first, but as time went on our rapport seemed to improve. He seems very knowledgeable and from what I have seen, he spends a lot of time staying current, attending conferences, working at the hospital and seeing a lot of patients. He has referred me to other programs and seems willing to discuss any treatments I bring up. I would have rated him a 1 at first, but now I would give him a 4 or 4.5 / 5

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009