Ratings for Dr. Carl T. Hasselman

Best doctor I've ever had period! I've been a patient of his for over ten years and have experienced his professionalism and great knowledge and skill. He cares about people. He has helped me greatly. For the disappointed few , not every medical procedure is flawless. I had the exact bunion procedure as well as tendon and ligament surgery by Dr. Hasselman and my results were exceptional. He is very caring and always spent time explaining my condition. He is highly regarded in his field. I was sent to him by another foot orthopedist who could not handle complex issues. I was always given access to my medical tests such as X-rays and MRI's. He always explained everything to me. Dr. Hasselman is a realist and will tell you like it is, not what you may want to hear. No time for hand holding, but he will tell you what is going on and what can or cannot be done. He is a surgeon , but only recommends it if necessary. He will always be my favorite doctor because if it weren't for him, I would still be in so much pain!!!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr.Hasselman's for many yrs now and I wouldn't go to another doctor if you paid me. I have seen many different doctors over the yrs for multiple problems, and I wish a lot of those docs had the same compassion and knowledge as Dr.Hasselman has had a with me over the yrs. Also just a little fyi to the ones complaining about the wait time,you all need to realize that sometimes emergency come up in the the ER that he has to attend to 4 example one of his patients who loves him gets hurt and request to see him an only him. Also if you ask @ the desk they can usually find out how much longer your wait may be. Dr. Hasselman is one of the greatest doctors out there, if you need an orthopedic surgeon and want the best of the best go see him,you won't be disappointed. Just research him,his backround speaks volumes about him!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Went in for a routine bunionectomy.. Two years later I am in worse pain than I ever had WITH the bunion. I highly recommend a second opinion, especially when Hasselman's wait time is ridiculous and he will ignore any negative concerns and problems. He brushed off my pain after the surgery. In fact, I still have a numb toe from something that happened in his surgery. Today, I received corrective surgery from Dr Wukich (I highly recommend going to him in the first place and skipping Hasselman). In my Pre-op, the anesthesiologist was APPALLED to hear about my surgery from Hasselman and how his team put in the IV, nerve block and how he overall executed the surgery. Over these 2 years, I've grown weary of trusting doctors because of Hasselman, but after finding FOUR other people who had the same experience (all botched bunionectomies) with him and were subsequently corrected by Wukich, I have been seeing Wukich for a year now. He has been completely understanding and willing to build a relationship with me until I felt ready for the corrective surgery. I cannot tell you how many visits I had just asking the same anxious questions over and over, and Wukich spent time listening and finding solutions. Many x-rays (after seeing hasselman for 6 months before my botched surgery, I had never once seen an x-ray that was taken in his office; I have seen every single x-ray that Wukich takes) and an MRI later, Wukich has fixed my foot problems!! So, please please for the sake of your mental and physical health, do not see Hasselman.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Do not see Dr Hasselman if you want success. I had both of my feet operated on by him for bunions and both faked. I never saw X-rays with him, he never looked at further tests. I waited many hours to see him on every visit and he only spent about 10 minutes with me on each visit. I am going thru revision surgery now at West Penn"s Foot and Ankle Institute and am very pleased with the time snd attention my new surgeon, Dr Karl Saltrick is giving me. Carl Hasselman is overrated!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Any wait time to see dr. Hasselman is worth it. I had a lisfranc fracture. I saw two other docs first who both told me I would need surgery, but at the urging of a family friend who is an orthopedic surgeon, I went to see Hasselman. Best decision I could have made. Hasselman told me my fracture was small enough that I wouldn't need the invasive fusion the other two docs were ready to do. I'm healing up fine and without the two metal plates and 14 screws the other guys wanted to put in my foot. All in all, go to Hasselman! He won't put you through surgery if you don't need it. Be careful who you go to because some guys just want to bill the surgery. Not hasselman, he's great!!!

Submitted September 22, 2014

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

I had an accident and he helped the first surgery but when pain developed it took him forever to fix it again the second time. He is very knowledgeable and one of the nicest guys. But a 90minute wait past the appointment time is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I had bunion surgery and unfortunately had a complication. I understand this can happen. But as others have noted, he does not like to hear from you if you have a complication. He does not follow you or even seem to care. I would strongly suggest getting a second opinion before allowing him to do surgery on you. Very disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

The best would never go to anyone else ever again, what one doctor messed up he fixed,love him

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

I was born with a deformity & suffered with chronic foot pain for 49 years. That was until I met Dr. Hasselman. Not only was he the first doctor to correctly diagnose my problem, but he was the first doctor that offered to help me. He spent a lot of time answering all my questions. It has been one year since Dr. Hasselman did my surgery(& it was a very challenging surgery by the way,) and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. For the first time in my life, I am pain-free and have a normal looking foot. I have referred others to Dr. Hasselman & they all love him as much as I do. I have never met a more compassionate, dedicated & talented surgeon than Dr. Hasselman. He is an exceptional human being and I thank God everyday that I was fortunate enough to have him as my surgeon. (There may be a wait to see him. But I figure if Dr. Hasselman is helping someone the way that he helped me, then I don't mind waiting on him.)

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Carl T. Hasselman's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Delta Dental