Ratings for Dr. Deanna Geddo

I had been plagued with continual bouts of Bronchitis and other health related problems. I visited a Naturopathic physician who determined that I was suffering from mercury poisoning, due to the amalgam fillings I had had throughout my life. I chose a dentist who specialized in removing the old fillings and had every filling removed and changed to the new fillings. I didn't notice much improvement in my health and was disappointed with my major investment. Several years ago I decided to try a new dentist as I had sensitive teeth and so chose Dr. Deanna Geddo. After an X-Ray we found that the amalgams had NOT been removed, only the top layer had been and then covered over with the new type white filling. Dr. Geddo devised a plan to work with me and my budget to remove all the mercury fillings and redo the teeth. It was an expensive projects as crowns had to be removed and replaced. After, I felt so much better, it was like night and day. Dr. Geddo made every attempt to help me work through this problem and always kept my budget in mind when performing the work. She spread the dental work over a period of time and did the worse teeth first. I find her very ethical, dedicated and a ray of light in my life. Had I met her first I would have been able to resolve the teeth issue much sooner, thereby getting the health benefit sooner. Her patients are her life, so I was in good hands. I highly recommend Dr. Geddo.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

I have worked with Dr. Geddo now for two years. Her practice is a bit unorthodox...and in many ways that was a refreshing breath of fresh air. She is very personable, willing to work with the clients interests in hand, and is very talented. She is the first dentist that I actually look forward to going to.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

My experience with Dr Geddo has been very weird. From the receptionist coming to open the door for you (you cannot walk in) to strange billing to no assistant and being squeezed - hard - against Dr.Gewddo's breasts as she worked all by herself on my teeth and getting unwanted work done to my teeth to change their appearance more in line with the mouth esthetics of Holywood celebrities she supposedly worked for. No assistant to witness anything she does and handing her tools. I got several times the same (high) bill for different work done at different sessions, to the penny. (not itemized, just units of time.) This has never happened to me anywhere else. She doesn't have any X-ray equipment in her office, but merrily sent me to the neighbourhood lab to get a full whole-mouth X-ray. (the old type, not digital). In threatening tones she warned me about not doing things the way she saw it best. Getting a metal wired denture instead of implants. Finally she enlarged my two front teeth to remove the space between them - without consulting me about it, and one at a time, so for a week or so I had one front tooth larger than the other one. My pronunciation changed: I had not been made aware of the fact this would happen. When I complained about this (I speak for a living), she dismissively and with some contempt told me I just should get used to it and adapt. She offered to remove the extra stuff she had put, with an excruciatingly vibrating device that reverberated through my skull, like they used to do forty years ago. I declined and now have more holywoodish, magazine-standard front teeth. This dentist is bad news.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

This was hands down the worst and most traumatizing dental experience I have ever had. Before (and after) Deanna Geddo, all of my experiences have been great. My issues with her are as follows- she applied numbing cream to my gums without asking for permission while giving me a cleaning. I am the type of person who wants to connect with my body and feel what is happening, not have it numbed out (even with fillings). I have never had any other dentist administer numbing agents without checking in first. Secondly, she is just rough - which is funny, because she's markets herself as a 'holistic' dentist but she is the least holistic and sensitive dentist I have ever encountered. Thirdly, I have the slightest chip on a front tooth, which most people and dentists don't even notice. She kept mentioning she could fix it and fill it in for me, but I could leave it if I thought it added quirkiness to my appearance. She kept mentioning this in a very passive aggressive way- stating that I would only leave it as is, to look "goofy" and "special". I have asked other dentists about it since, and they have stated that the chip is so small and there is so much enamel that there is absolutely no reason to fix it. LASTLY AND MOST HORRIFICALLY- I got her to fill a (in her words) "very tiny" cavity for me. I let her know that I DID NOT WANT any freezing, or numbing agents. At one point into the drilling she hands me a mirror and excitedly says, "Look, I just keep drilling and drilling and you don't feel pain. I have never seen anything like this. It's so amazing, I don't want to stop. I just want to keep going and see if you'll feel pain." I looked in the mirror and to my horror she had cratered out a huge portion of my tooth. Yes, she was literally getting off on unnecessarily drilling me, just for the sake of it, and wanting to keep going to see if I would feel pain. Super creepy experience. Luckily I got out of there and obviously never went back. I have found a great, honest, sensitive dentist, but am so appalled by Geddo's treatment. Seriously a little haunting.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Although the paperwork has often got lost, submissions to the insurance provider forgotten and my name mispelled - Dr Geddo is a wonderful dentist and I've seen her about 10 times so far. She is never in a hurry, and certainly is the most considerate and careful of any dentist I have ever visited. She goes above and beyond to make sure I'm comfortable - and this may be taken the wrong way by some of the unhappy reviewers on this website, interpreting this as a judgement. The simple fact, to me at least - is that most people are stressed as a normal way of living and Dr Geddo is addressing the impact that stress or anxiety (even while sitting in the dental chair) plays on your dental experience and overall health of the mouth - which is of prime importance, really.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I was happy to find a holistic dentist in Victoria, but after several visits I am leaving her care. She became aggressive, angry and blamed me for my discomfort during the last 2 appointments. She clearly needs an assistant for technical support and to help her manage her stress. I do not recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Run, don't walk away from this dentist. Unhygienic and manipulative. Gets frustrated easily. Unprofessional

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

My initial experience started out similar to the positive reviews you see here. I was excited to find a holistic dentist even if she was a little unorthodox. I always struggled with the poor punctuality and I never did meet another staff member. The important part is that I went in with specific tooth pain, ended up getting lots of work done and spending lots of $$. The communication was poor and I was mistaken on why I needed certain things and wish I had just said no. Also, my "stress" was often blamed for things. Many months later, still in pain, I finally got a second opinion and I wish I did this sooner. I now have had to spend much more $$ and time to try to get things right again.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

The best dentist i even had, she is soft and makes your feel conformable,, your time is your time and she dedicates your time to you,, herself personal,, she does not treat you as a number but as a beautiful human you are... she is amazing and i am happy to finally find such an amazing dentist.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Geddo's for about 7 years and have found her the best dentist I have had in over 50 years! I wish she had been my original dentist: she is very knowledgeable, experienced and competent and kind; her listening skills are superior and she treats me as the dentist sensitive patient I am. She has worked with me through a bridge, veneers, a bite guide, regular personalized cleanings, and much more. I trust her completely throughout diagnosis and problem solving, monitoring and maintaintance of my (oral) health. I hope she continues to practice for a long time yet as I am very satisfied patient.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014