Ratings for Dr. Bobby W. Webster

great doc!!!!! Nobody better in the area! So glad to have found him.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Under the care of a different Dr. we conceived our first child in late ‘12 using clomid, & since then moved to Baton Rouge. My OB back home recommended we find someone here to initiate fertility screening & care if we weren’t pregnant after 3 months of trying since we needed assistance in the past. Since we’re not from LA, I asked around and Dr. Webster’s name came up so I made an appointment. From the beginning I wasn’t impressed & looking back I should have gone somewhere else. At my consultation he spent the majority of the time rattling off research studies & talking about how long he had been in the field. He spent very little effort getting to know my family, to him we were just another number. He asked very few questions about us and nothing about my care plan seemed personalized. I talked with friends across the country going through their own fertility battle and the more I shared about my situation, the more things didn’t feel right. Our only test that came back less than average was one score for my husband & based on this Dr. Webster recommended we go straight to IUI. That same score was above average not even 3 years ago when we were tested back home. We asked him what the cause of the change of the score could be attributed to, he said he believed the first test we had done back home was wrong. We didn’t feel good about this & prayed long & hard about it. I also turned to the SART website to look into Dr. Webster’s success rates & was surprised with what I found. As of May ’15 his issues attributed to “MALES” were over 30% - double the national average! That didn’t sit well with us & made us question the accuracy of my husbands test results even more. We wanted to intervene in the process as little as possible so at the last minute decided NOT to do IUI despite Dr. Webster’s strong recommendation & proceeded forward with just clomid & a trigger shot. We’re glad we did because we were successful without his additional help. IUI would have been another $500 a round. We’re glad that Dr. Webster wasn’t any more involved in our conception than he needed to be. A few more things we didn’t feel good about… - Their “estimated fees” for procedures were understated from what was actually billed. Because the bills I received were overstated I went back and forth a number of times with their office manager (Penny) and my insurance company. The last communication I sent her was stating that I was waiting for my insurance provider (BCBS) to reprocess claims. I then found out that she had sent my outstanding bill to a collections agency, with no notification at all. - It appeared that they were “in bed” with MDR Pharmaceutical Care. Where I’m from there were a number of pharmacies we could pick up a HCG shot at. Here I was told I had to order from MDR Pharmaceutical Care out of CA. The patience care coordinator I spoke with didn’t initiate the first call as she was supposed to, was rude, & slow to respond. This led to me barely receiving my shot in time and therefore my husband had to administer it vs. the nurse at Dr. Webster’s office. MDR’s paraphernalia was all over Dr. Webster’s office, pens, calendars, you name it. I’m assuming they get more than this for referring people to them. The cost of this shot also came in higher than their “estimated fees” sheet. - Dr. Webster performs his own vaginal ultrasounds. I’m used to an experienced tech doing it, not someone who almost inserted the probe into the wrong hole. Seriously. - One of the nurses was very rude, not helpful or compassionate. I shared this feedback with Dr. Webster and he apologized for her but seemed to make excuses to defend her. Going forward the other nurse we worked with was quite nice. - They really pushed me to get a number (either 2 or 3) of post conception blood tests to confirm pregnancy. I confirmed my pregnancy at home & didn’t need to give them $90 a draw to confirm it. After we got further into the process more I shared my story more around here & it was at that time I heard from other women that also didn’t have a great experience with Dr. Webster. A friend of mine forwarded me this message from a friend of hers…”Go with Dr Dunaway. at the Fertility institute of New Orleans. He has an office at the new BR General on Bluebonnet. Highly recommended him. They are like family to me now. He is amazing. Love love love him. Tell her whatever she does Do NOT use Bobby Webster at women's hospital. We spent $$$ and never found out what was wrong with me. Switched to Dr. Dunaway and within a week of test I knew why I had kept miscarrying. Was pregnant through IVF within 3-4 months of my first meeting with him. Wish I would've saw him earlier because we wasted so much money with Bobby Webster.” If you’re reading this you’re probably in a tough place right now & have spent months or years trying to conceive, I’m sorry you’re going through this. LOOK ELSEWHERE, DO NOT SEE DR. WEBSTER & GOOD LUCK!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr. Webster and his nurse, Jennifer, are great. Very thorough and helpful and Jennifer was very prompt in returning my calls. The receptionist is an entirely different story. There are already several bad reviews on several websites about this part of their staff. One of the receptionists is very unfriendly and at some times, completely rude. When a patient is paying cash for a high end service the expectation is that you will encounter friendly, cheerful, and courteous staff at the front desk. If this was my practice, I would hire someone else. Also, make sure to ask what your out-of-pocket costs will be before services are completed. Unexpected bills are the last thing that someone needs to receive when trying to save for extremely expensive procedures.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Webster is amazing! He and his staff get to know you on a personal level! He is always punctual and is straight forward. He makes sure to educate patients on infertility. Would highly recommend! Not to mention, he's a Christian!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I was able to secure an appointment quickly and the wait time is never more than a few minutes. I feel like there were some questions or follow up (like additional tests) that should have been performed just to confirm his assumption.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Love Dr Webster. We have used him 3 times with 2 success and 1 full term pregnancy. We will undergo our 4th attempt for a second child in just a month. I highly recommend him to anyone bc he's been around from the beginning and was on the team that delivered the first ever test tube baby! Fantastic and friendly staff. :)

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr. Webster and staff are very knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and understandable

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Very professional, knowledgable and sympathetic. I have had 3 IUI's with one being successful and we are about to start a round IVF. We drive 2 hours one way. Love the staff and Dr. Webster

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr. Webster is very smart and caring. He and his staff understand that infertility is hard. They are always so kind and caring. Dr Webster is also involved with a local infertility support group and its great to see him give his time and support!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I went through 3 IVF cycles and they all were unsuccessful and there was no logical explanation provided. My GYN referred me to a surgent by the name of Dr. Heber Dunaway who performed a Myomectomy to removed close to 20 fibroids. I was a little disappointed because I was informed that there was no way that I could have had a successful IVF transfer with all the fibroids in my uterus. Dr. Webster never considered removing the fibroids prior to any of the procedures. Why? I really felt cheated. For all of you that may have not been successful; you may want to get a second opinion. It is also good to do research and check the success rates of these doctors as well.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Bobby W. Webster's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1974)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Baton Rouge, LA