Ratings for Dr. Alan So

Dr So is one of the kindest and most professional doctors I have ever met. He removed urahal cyst from my belly and performed partial cystectomy (5%) with so much care I recovered extremely quickly. He was always patient, very well informed and answered all my questions with a lot of details trying to calm me and assure I will be ok. After the surgery he was always open to see me (never had to wait for appointment for more than a day or two) and help me with minor issues typical for the recovery process. During the recovery period he was checking how I am, even sending me email to confirm there are no complications. My scars are minimal and my life is completely changed for better thanks to Dr So. I used to have 6-7 UTIs per year and now I feel completely healthy, like I never had any surgery at all. If you're looking for a true professional and very knowledgeable doctor whose bedside manners are perfect - definitely look to Dr So. I will be eternally grateful to him for literally saving my life and giving me the possibility again to live normal and healthy life.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr. So is one of the kindest, most patient and skilled surgeons I have ever met. My father had an enlarged prostate that was operated twice by Dr. Fenster previously and both TURP procedures had been unsuccessful and caused a lot of problems for years. We then decided to try TURP one more time, this time with Dr. So. From our first meeting Dr. So was incredibly patient, listened to all of our concerns, was beyond kind to not just my father but the entourage that followed him (myself, my mom and my sisters). He explained everything and made my dad feel good and hopeful. He is a true doctor , one without an ego. When things were getting a little bit rough for my father, he did all the right tests and when he realized that my father's problem was one that a specialist he knew could fix, he didn't hesitate to refer us to him. Something that I'm not sure most other surgeons would do. My father couldn't be happier with the results and he is forever grateful to Dr. So and we recommend him to anyone and have the utmost respect for him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. So is so professional and kind and a great listener. Everyone loves him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Thanks to Dr. Alan I have a second chance at life! He diagnosed my bladder cancer and then treated me with a "Radical Cystectomy with Ileal Neobladder". I am now three months post surgery and dry as a bone (no leakage!). Thanks to you, Dr. D. Harriman and your wonderful assistants Kim and Jessie I have a new lease on life.....I do believe in miracles and his name is Dr. So!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

A great doctor that is cautious with his diagnosis, empathetic to your needs, and helpful when explaining the issues at hand. His high fives caught me off guard at the begging but that was because I was too worried expecting his answers. Overall, a super busy Dr. that still makes time to make you feel important.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I liked him. I saw him for a second opinion. He gave me no "doctor talk" , no BS, fluff. Just told me the way it was. What kind of cancer I had. How to cure it. What to expect with surgery. What the side effects were. Kind man. My wife loves him too. He is a bright bright man. 10/10 Doctor So.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Allan So is a wonderful doctor. He takes care of patient even many years after. He is a very responsible doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. So is a very skilled surgeon technically, but he,s also incredibly patient, informative, and caring....He gave me all the info I needed to make my decision to have my prostate removed, and has been great with follow up attention in the month since my operation. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

A wonderful doctor, takes time to explain the issues so you can can understand them and make a decision. Also a terrific bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr.So. He removed my bladder and prostate because of stage 3 cancer and he saved my life. He's a down to earth guy and doesn't talk down to you and he treats you like a human being. He is knowledgable and he cares about his patients. He answered all my questions before and after surgery and I never felt rushed even though I know he's a crazy busy doctor and high in demand. He gave me his phone number after surgery and he always answered my calls; that is so rare for any doctor to do these days. My stoma is tiny and he did a great job with the surgery. He would call me personally after my follow up scans and congratulate me on being cancer free. I can't say enough great things about this man. I owe him my life. Keep up the awesome work Dr.So!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015