Ratings for Dr. Alan So

My father is a patient of Dr. Alan So . Although I live in another country, Dr. So updated me frequently before the surgery and afterwards- it was tough to be away from my father but Dr. So 's confidence and kindness made things much much easier. My father did very well and I am so thankful. From- Family of Wong Lee Hap.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. Alan review: 1. Overall good guy. He was patient with my wife and I during the consultation. 2. I have discussed my case with my GP- and Dr. So has an enormous reputation. Obviously I can't determine his surgical skills but in the medical community he is known as "the go to guy". 3. My procedure is booked in 6 weeks. Dr. So said he is optimistic about my chances to beat this. I am hoping I don't need any chemo or radiation stuff.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

He is likely a skilled and competant surgeon. His bedside manner is cheerful and reassuring. Is is, however, completely unavailable for any post-op questions or concerns. His staff are unhelpful. I felt that Dr. So was never straight up front about what my husband was heading into re. kidney removal. I believe that Dr. So knew going in that it was going to fail. Poor communication and we didn't get all the information.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Superb surgeon. My wife and I travelled from Saskatchewan to see this highly respected surgeon to take out my bladder. I would do it again in a heartbeat. After three months my wife and I are now heading to Florida and I am now cancer free. Wow!! Staff are ok- but we are not here to see the staff- only Doc So is important. I would let him operate on my kids and wife anyday!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I'm sure that Dr. So is an excellent doctor but I will never know as my family member was ignored and left waiting to hear from him or his office for more than 7 weeks! Unacceptable! Staff was rude and dismissive..upon inquiry. After 7 weeks we were told that my family member"fell through the cracks".

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Excellent ! This man is truly dedicated. I wish there were more doctor's like this genuinely caring gentleman.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Amazing doctor. He did my husbands surgery for prostrate cancer. Always felt that he was caring and knowledgable Highly recommend him as a urologist.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Finally he found my prostate cancer after several years of watching. He was very caring and explained my options thoroughly. Very professional. I recommend him highly. Thank you Dr. So!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Excellent first experience. He was great and has an exceptional support team, even met with me ahead of schedule. Filled me with confidence that we were on the right track.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Superb man, wonderful surgeon, kind heart. I agree with all below. Dr. So is special. We in Vancouver so are lucky to have him. My father underwent bladder cancer surgerie- a big operation - and came home healthy and strong. The incision and stoma looks wonderful. My dad spent so much time worrying but we laugh now that how smoothly it went. I am happy. Dad is happy. Our family is so thankful.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016