You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alan So

A great doctor that is cautious with his diagnosis, empathetic to your needs, and helpful when explaining the issues at hand. His high fives caught me off guard at the begging but that was because I was too worried expecting his answers. Overall, a super busy Dr. that still makes time to make you feel important.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I liked him. I saw him for a second opinion. He gave me no "doctor talk" , no BS, fluff. Just told me the way it was. What kind of cancer I had. How to cure it. What to expect with surgery. What the side effects were. Kind man. My wife loves him too. He is a bright bright man. 10/10 Doctor So.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. So is a very skilled surgeon technically, but he,s also incredibly patient, informative, and caring....He gave me all the info I needed to make my decision to have my prostate removed, and has been great with follow up attention in the month since my operation. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr.So. He removed my bladder and prostate because of stage 3 cancer and he saved my life. He's a down to earth guy and doesn't talk down to you and he treats you like a human being. He is knowledgable and he cares about his patients. He answered all my questions before and after surgery and I never felt rushed even though I know he's a crazy busy doctor and high in demand. He gave me his phone number after surgery and he always answered my calls; that is so rare for any doctor to do these days. My stoma is tiny and he did a great job with the surgery. He would call me personally after my follow up scans and congratulate me on being cancer free. I can't say enough great things about this man. I owe him my life. Keep up the awesome work Dr.So!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Doctor So is a hard working and dedicated surgeon. My incision after my BLADDER NEOBLADDER SURGERY was perfect and small. I recovered nicely but still have worries my cancer will come back. If it does, I am sure Dr. So will be on top of it. During my stay at VGH- nurses were great. Food tough to eat, but it aint no hotel!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Dr. So recently performed a retro-peritoneal lymph node dissection on my husband. I am so happy we were referred to him. He is extremely informative and doesn't talk down to his patients as many doctors I've ran into do. He's sociable and easy to speak with, making asking questions a breeze, and he doesn't hedge, giving forthright and honest answers instead of skirting sensitive or stressful issues as other doctors we've seen have done.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Superior to excellent doctor. He took my prostate out and controlled my cancer. 5 months later I am doing ok in terms of ED -not perfect but much better than I could have ever expected. I was dry on the second week and my wife had to throw out my diapers. He is a nice guy like everyone says. But he s even a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

It's sad that he works at a teaching hospital. Unable or unwilling to diagnose a incisional hernia from a nephrectomy. Sad for a guy making his living making incisions! Dismissing even the idea that a giant bubble in the middle of the incision could be a hernia. I would like to thank the doctor from South Africa for taking the 5 minutes and diagnosing me after two years of living with my intestines protruding from my side. I would like to thank Alan So for the mesh now covering my right side, muscle separation and problems for life from his incompetence!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Alan So's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A great doctor that is cautious with his diagnosis, empathetic to your needs, and helpful when explaining the issues at hand. His high fives caught me off guard..."

May 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I liked him. I saw him for a second opinion. He gave me no "doctor talk" , no BS, fluff. Just told me the way it was. What kind of cancer I had. How to cure it..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Allan So is a wonderful doctor. He takes care of patient even many years after. He is a very responsible doctor."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. So is a very skilled surgeon technically, but he,s also incredibly patient, informative, and caring....He gave me all the info I needed to make my decision ..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A wonderful doctor, takes time to explain the issues so you can can understand them and make a decision. Also a terrific bedside manner. "

November 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but great things to say about Dr.So. He removed my bladder and prostate because of stage 3 cancer and he saved my life. He's a down to earth guy..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor So is a hard working and dedicated surgeon. My incision after my BLADDER NEOBLADDER SURGERY was perfect and small. I recovered nicely but still have wo..."

August 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. So recently performed a retro-peritoneal lymph node dissection on my husband. I am so happy we were referred to him. He is extremely informative and does..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Superior to excellent doctor. He took my prostate out and controlled my cancer. 5 months later I am doing ok in terms of ED -not perfect but much better tha..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "It's sad that he works at a teaching hospital. Unable or unwilling to diagnose a incisional hernia from a nephrectomy. Sad for a guy making his living making i..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR So is a real Gentleman and professional Doctor , he did a prostate surgery for my father and he respects his patients with a good manner . Thank you Dr So an..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. So is an amazing doctor, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and I was in to see him and had my surgery within two months. Each visit I had with him he was ..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. So is extremely knowledgeable. He was instrumental in helping my mother and my with her bladder tumor caused by a metastisation from endometrial cancer. H..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In July 2014 I had my bladder removed by Dr. ALAN SO. My reflections on this : 1) Staff- called me for appointment after my GP called Dr. So. They said I was "..."

September 13, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

December 8, 2011