Ratings for Dr. Alan So

He is likely a skilled and competant surgeon. His bedside manner is cheerful and reassuring. Is is, however, completely unavailable for any post-op questions or concerns. His staff are unhelpful. I felt that Dr. So was never straight up front about what my husband was heading into re. kidney removal. I believe that Dr. So knew going in that it was going to fail. Poor communication and we didn't get all the information.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Superb surgeon. My wife and I travelled from Saskatchewan to see this highly respected surgeon to take out my bladder. I would do it again in a heartbeat. After three months my wife and I are now heading to Florida and I am now cancer free. Wow!! Staff are ok- but we are not here to see the staff- only Doc So is important. I would let him operate on my kids and wife anyday!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I'm sure that Dr. So is an excellent doctor but I will never know as my family member was ignored and left waiting to hear from him or his office for more than 7 weeks! Unacceptable! Staff was rude and dismissive..upon inquiry. After 7 weeks we were told that my family member"fell through the cracks".

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Excellent ! This man is truly dedicated. I wish there were more doctor's like this genuinely caring gentleman.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Amazing doctor. He did my husbands surgery for prostrate cancer. Always felt that he was caring and knowledgable Highly recommend him as a urologist.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Finally he found my prostate cancer after several years of watching. He was very caring and explained my options thoroughly. Very professional. I recommend him highly. Thank you Dr. So!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Excellent first experience. He was great and has an exceptional support team, even met with me ahead of schedule. Filled me with confidence that we were on the right track.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Superb man, wonderful surgeon, kind heart. I agree with all below. Dr. So is special. We in Vancouver so are lucky to have him. My father underwent bladder cancer surgerie- a big operation - and came home healthy and strong. The incision and stoma looks wonderful. My dad spent so much time worrying but we laugh now that how smoothly it went. I am happy. Dad is happy. Our family is so thankful.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Dr So is one of the kindest and most professional doctors I have ever met. He removed urahal cyst from my belly and performed partial cystectomy (5%) with so much care I recovered extremely quickly. He was always patient, very well informed and answered all my questions with a lot of details trying to calm me and assure I will be ok. After the surgery he was always open to see me (never had to wait for appointment for more than a day or two) and help me with minor issues typical for the recovery process. During the recovery period he was checking how I am, even sending me email to confirm there are no complications. My scars are minimal and my life is completely changed for better thanks to Dr So. I used to have 6-7 UTIs per year and now I feel completely healthy, like I never had any surgery at all. If you're looking for a true professional and very knowledgeable doctor whose bedside manners are perfect - definitely look to Dr So. I will be eternally grateful to him for literally saving my life and giving me the possibility again to live normal and healthy life.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr. So is one of the kindest, most patient and skilled surgeons I have ever met. My father had an enlarged prostate that was operated twice by Dr. Fenster previously and both TURP procedures had been unsuccessful and caused a lot of problems for years. We then decided to try TURP one more time, this time with Dr. So. From our first meeting Dr. So was incredibly patient, listened to all of our concerns, was beyond kind to not just my father but the entourage that followed him (myself, my mom and my sisters). He explained everything and made my dad feel good and hopeful. He is a true doctor , one without an ego. When things were getting a little bit rough for my father, he did all the right tests and when he realized that my father's problem was one that a specialist he knew could fix, he didn't hesitate to refer us to him. Something that I'm not sure most other surgeons would do. My father couldn't be happier with the results and he is forever grateful to Dr. So and we recommend him to anyone and have the utmost respect for him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016