Ratings for Dr. Graham McMillan

Incredibly skilled dentist. I have seen some pretty awful dental work on people that I know, but his work on me is meticulous and careful. He seems to be totally in to what he does. He's like a dental craftsman. Not to mention that I've never ever been in any pain whatsoever

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. McMillan, he has held my hand every step of the way through a procedure that was difficult. I am "difficult" to freeze and he took the time to ensure that the specialist he sent me to for the first phase of an implant procedure was aware of this. The rest of the prodedures were done by Dr. McMillan and were painless and unless you knew me before the work was done, you can't tell that a few of my teeth are fake. They look perfect! I have since referred two emergency patients to him from my office, both of whom were treated within the day and saved prolonged pain and further infection over the holidays.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I had such pain and swelling on Boxing Day. I called Dr. McMillan at home and he mett at his office with his little son in tow. He was quick to discover the problem and fix my tooth so the infection could start to go away. That allowed me to enjoy the rest of my Christmas holiday. I was so impressed by his quick response on a holiday and by his professionalism and skill. Best dentist i have ever had.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Just a terrible experience. A self involved with shaky hands , never keeping his own appointments, never in time for an appointment if he's at the office and never realizing how unpleasant this makes it for us patients and his staff who had to apologize for him. Personal problems brought at work with complete disregard for his patients and staff. A good sense of humor cannot make up for such a terrible experience. Won't return to this dentist and you should stay away if you look for a decent service.

Submitted January 6, 2016

My 95 year old mother had suffered a broken tooth at the hands of another dentist's hygienist. They had made an appointment for a week later. I called my dentist, Dr McMillan, who saw my mom within 24 hours, realised the tooth had virtually crumbled leaving but a single "spire" at one end. He managed to repair the tooth on the spot which resulted in no more discomfort whatsoever. It has been trouble free ever since... Dr. McMillan cares deeply both about his patients and his work on them. After 10 years, several root canals, caps etc in my family I have nothing but good to say about this man.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. McMillan is the best dentist I have ever been to. I have had many bad experiences with dentist visits over the years and now have quite a phobia with both dentists and dental work in general. In light of this, Dr. McMillan took the time to listen to my concerns (ridiculous as they were) and explain everything he was doing and about to do. Rather than making me feel foolish about being needle-phobic and dental-phobic, Dr. McMillan instead came up with a plan to manage my fears. In fact, his entire office was exceptionally kind and patient with me. I first saw him during a crisis infection that required urgent treatment and he not only provided it, but followed up to make sure that the medications were working and that I was not in additional pain. I don’t know any other dentists that will take the time to answer questions on the weekend or after hours, let alone provide their patients with the ability to contact them after hours. The subsequent root canal was quite honestly the easiest experience I have ever had in a dental chair, despite the actual work required being extensive and difficult. I have referred him repeatedly since then, with several co-workers now also becoming his patients.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Scratch the surface of this sometimes affable and consistently capable technician and you will find a self-involved fellow incapable, in his own eyes, of error. If things don’t go as predicted it’s ‘these things happen’. When he fails to keep commitments to his patients, he is incapable of acknowledgment or apology and is dismissive of their concerns. I speak from 20 yrs + of experience as his patient before I had finally had enough. In retrospect, the frequent turnover in his support staff is not surprising. If you value being in an adult relationship with your dentist, avoid McMillan like the plague. If you are happy to let him have his way with you and are comfortable with the notion that the Dr. can do no wrong, then this little guy is the one for you.

Submitted February 18, 2015

I have been going to Dr. McMillan for years. His personality varies by visit, sometimes he is a bit brusk, usually he is very outgoing and funny. But he is always honest about what he thinks needs to be done with my teeth. I have gone in asking for expensive work and he has talked me out of it and explained in plain language why he thought it wasn't a good idea. To me, that is the sign of someone who cares more about my mouth than about his pockets. Plus his staff is the best. They remember me and ask questions about my life based on conversations we had 9 months previously. Amazing.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Graham is highly skilled, patient and kind. He takes great pride in his work and doesn't promote anything unnecessary . The staff is friendly and genuine. Its always a pleasure, which is kind of amazing to be able to say about a drill in your mouth.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. McMillan is excellent! He treats our whole family. I had a toothache and he came in on his day off to see me! His work is outstanding and done with precision. I love that he answers email and txt messages in evenings if we need him....I would recommend him to anyone! Best dentist our family has ever had and very honest in his opinions too!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013