You may also like

Just a terrible experience. A self involved individual with a drinking problem( shaky hands) , never keeping his own appointments, never in time for an appointment if he's at the office and never realizing how unpleasant this makes it for us patients and his staff who had to apologize for him. Personal problems brought at work with complete disregard for his patients and staff. A good sense of humor cannot make up for such a terrible experience. Won't return to this dentist and you should stay away if you look for a decent service.

Submitted January 6, 2016

My 95 year old mother had suffered a broken tooth at the hands of another dentist's hygienist. They had made an appointment for a week later. I called my dentist, Dr McMillan, who saw my mom within 24 hours, realised the tooth had virtually crumbled leaving but a single "spire" at one end. He managed to repair the tooth on the spot which resulted in no more discomfort whatsoever. It has been trouble free ever since... Dr. McMillan cares deeply both about his patients and his work on them. After 10 years, several root canals, caps etc in my family I have nothing but good to say about this man.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. McMillan is the best dentist I have ever been to. I have had many bad experiences with dentist visits over the years and now have quite a phobia with both dentists and dental work in general. In light of this, Dr. McMillan took the time to listen to my concerns (ridiculous as they were) and explain everything he was doing and about to do. Rather than making me feel foolish about being needle-phobic and dental-phobic, Dr. McMillan instead came up with a plan to manage my fears. In fact, his entire office was exceptionally kind and patient with me. I first saw him during a crisis infection that required urgent treatment and he not only provided it, but followed up to make sure that the medications were working and that I was not in additional pain. I don’t know any other dentists that will take the time to answer questions on the weekend or after hours, let alone provide their patients with the ability to contact them after hours. The subsequent root canal was quite honestly the easiest experience I have ever had in a dental chair, despite the actual work required being extensive and difficult. I have referred him repeatedly since then, with several co-workers now also becoming his patients.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Scratch the surface of this sometimes affable and consistently capable technician and you will find a self-involved fellow incapable, in his own eyes, of error. If things don’t go as predicted it’s ‘these things happen’. When he fails to keep commitments to his patients, he is incapable of acknowledgment or apology and is dismissive of their concerns. I speak from 20 yrs + of experience as his patient before I had finally had enough. In retrospect, the frequent turnover in his support staff is not surprising. If you value being in an adult relationship with your dentist, avoid McMillan like the plague. If you are happy to let him have his way with you and are comfortable with the notion that the Dr. can do no wrong, then this little guy is the one for you.

Submitted February 18, 2015

I have been going to Dr. McMillan for years. His personality varies by visit, sometimes he is a bit brusk, usually he is very outgoing and funny. But he is always honest about what he thinks needs to be done with my teeth. I have gone in asking for expensive work and he has talked me out of it and explained in plain language why he thought it wasn't a good idea. To me, that is the sign of someone who cares more about my mouth than about his pockets. Plus his staff is the best. They remember me and ask questions about my life based on conversations we had 9 months previously. Amazing.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Graham is highly skilled, patient and kind. He takes great pride in his work and doesn't promote anything unnecessary . The staff is friendly and genuine. Its always a pleasure, which is kind of amazing to be able to say about a drill in your mouth.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. McMillan is excellent! He treats our whole family. I had a toothache and he came in on his day off to see me! His work is outstanding and done with precision. I love that he answers email and txt messages in evenings if we need him....I would recommend him to anyone! Best dentist our family has ever had and very honest in his opinions too!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

I was delighted to find Dr. McMillan after having had a couple of dentist-egotists. It's an unpretentious but attractive surgery with staff who remember you! Amazing. Dr. McMillan is professional and personable. I feel as though I am being looked after, rather than a number that's being shunted through the system. Despite having problems with new glasses and my presenting him with an unexpected root canal, he dealt with things professionally and kept the other patients under care too. He gave me a sheet of information after the procedure with his personal cell phone number. I haven't needed to use it, but I'm grateful for the concern.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

I went to see Dr. McMillan in terrible pain. Before he started working on my teeth I wanted to know my options;he never took the time to discuss them,went ahead and did the fillings on two of my teeth. Days later still in pain, I returned and he gave me pills and sent me home. Two days later, still in agony, I called him and was told not to come in since he couldn’t do anything for me. I went to see another dentist. The new dentist had to x-ray my teeth again, even though Dr. McMillan’s office had tried twice (The new dentist,reviewed the x-rays and immediately identified that it was my molar tooth that needed to come out. It was loose, and on top of that, right next to the teeth McMillan had filled Adding insult to injury, we later received “registered” mail that came through normal posting,saying he elected to discontinue dental treatment and requested I seek another practitioner. Dr. McMillan failed to identify and fix my dental problem. . I would NOT recommend this dentist.

Submitted April 12, 2013

The one good thing I can say is that the staff were fairly responsive and pleasant. The bad was that I was not satisfied with the outcome and won't be returning.

Submitted January 26, 2013

Dr. Graham McMillan's Credentials

• UBC (Grad. 1993)

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Just a terrible experience. A self involved individual with a drinking problem( shaky hands) , never keeping his own appointments, never in time for an appointm..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My 95 year old mother had suffered a broken tooth at the hands of another dentist's hygienist. They had made an appointment for a week later. I called my dent..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McMillan is the best dentist I have ever been to. I have had many bad experiences with dentist visits over the years and now have quite a phobia with both d..."

June 9, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://drgmcmillan.com" to "http://www.drgmcmillan.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8P 4G8". Address has been updated from "None" to "101-B 3581 Shelbourne St, Victoria". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505952933".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Apparently on this site, anyone can say anything about anybody without having anyproof of any kind and in saying anything in the negative, he/she will not suffe..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Scratch the surface of this sometimes affable and consistently capable technician and you will find a self-involved fellow incapable, in his own eyes, of error...."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. McMillan for years. His personality varies by visit, sometimes he is a bit brusk, usually he is very outgoing and funny. But he is al..."

January 20, 2015