Ratings for Dr. Farhad O. Moola

Hello my name is Rocco and i am 47 years old, unfortunately i had a bad accident at work in 2016, and i hurt my right shoulder . the impact was devastating, by being a very strong person that never had shoulder problems in all my life , when the accident happened i just prayed god that it was not too bad . since that day i saw my family doctor and he prescribed me some strong anti inflammatory and pain killers. but the pain was getting always worse , the doctor had to prescribe me some morphine to be able to go to work . i told my employer since day 1 of the accident but we thought it was something that was going to get better, after several months . my employer called wcb and filed a claim and wcb contacted me and told me to stop working right away . i kept on working because my employer needed a hand and somebody knowledgeable to do the job , my employer promised me to get me an helper but that never happened. i worked with an accepted claim from wcb until the day before the surgery and for the last 4 or 5 months only using my left arm and shoulder , in the meantime doctor Moola sent me to do an MRI and told me to stop working . i wanted to but i was trying to help my employer because his company was not doing very good. when i arrived on june 16th 2017 at the clinic for the surgery doctor Moola was very worried and told me that i am an idiot that i should have stopped working long time ago. and that now my situation was certainly worse than what the MRI showed back in the time. i believe with all my heart that doctor Moola did the best that could have been done and advised me before the surgery that this surgery will not solve all my problems completely but would make me feel a little bit better than before. and this is what happened. he was right , the damage on my shoulders was very serious. i had the second surgery on the left shoulder in February 15th 2018, unfortunately after 2 days of the second surgery i lost consciousness and i fell right after i got up from the bed falling on the right shoulder where i had the previous injury and since that day my recovery is going backwards. a lot of pain, different from the pain that i had before doctor Moola operated my shoulder and because i am using mostly my left arm and shoulder to do just about anything, it is going to compromising the recovery of the second shoulder that i had the surgery on. NOW THOSE ARE REAL FACTS OF REAL LIFE AND I HOPE IT IS AN ANSWER TO ALL THOSE BAD REVIEWS THAT I READ REGARDING DOCTOR MOOLA, an accident is an accident . doctor Moola is a serious professional person and cannot prevent everything or predict the future , but i believe that each one of us before criticizing or judging doctor Moola we should be more honest with ourselves . Doctor Moola told me that the only way to be pain free on both of my shoulders will be to have a complete replacement and told me this before he did both of the surgeries but i was too scared to have such a big surgery , now it seems to be that the only road is that and it does not matter what i went through it is not doctor s Moola fault if this is the only road for me to feel pain free only doctor Moola is allowed to touch my shoulders . in my opinion he is a super doctor and a Saint and i am pretty sure he will do his best like he always does for each of his patients .

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

This doctor has poor communication skills. In addition he's not a proactive medical doctor, he seems very reactive meaning until my arm is literally useless then will he take it seriously. Our health care system is failing due to incompetent, reactive vs proactive, poor bed side manner doctors like him. Would not recommend this specialist. Also wait time is ridiculously unacceptable.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Just had my second shoulder replacement done by Dr. Moola. I would rate him excellent. I have had excellent results from the shoulder replacement. He came recommended. Yes, you can wait a long time to see him at times but it is worth it.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Not impressed by very long wait time. Felt brushed off. Although he's a specialist, I felt did not explain anything, and he was dismissive of the emergency doctor's findings. His advice was minimal and he seemed to lack any interest. I left his office on the point of tear.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Dr. Farhad O. Moola,s arrogance and ignorance is unbelievable. I had been diagnosed with a broken hand by a doctor in the ER the evening before my 11am appointment to see this specialist. I had to fill out an electronic questionnaire that was irrelevant to my injury or the doctor will not see you. I ran down to pay the $5/hr underground parking meter 3 times. When I finally got called 2 hrs after my appointment time I was placed in a cubicle with a crappy wooden examination bed and egnored for another 30 min. This doctor saw me for less than 2min. and told me that the break in my hand was minor and his assistant would give me a brace and I should come back in 4 weeks for a follow-up then walked away. I was stunned by this assignment because the ER doctor showed me the xray telling me it was a clear break and not just a little fracture as Dr. Farhad said. I felt like I was being blown off by him. The assistant made some poorly shaped brace that could only be described as Fisher Price quality with a bad fit... Overall, this is an ignorant unskilled doctor with bad staff that overbooks patients... Do not think you will get quality care here. A Specialist??? Really

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I was sent to this specialist from the hospital ER. Although I can appreciate the rush squeeze to fit me in, I don't think this is quality care. I blame the lack of attention and proper diagnoses to the fact that this doctor over books himself intentionally. I also feel he lacks experience and hence why he did not catch my Essex Lopresti diagnoses and performed the needed surgery that I required. I recommend people requiring elbow to wrist assessment to seek help from more competent surgeons. I was told by my new surgeon that had my surgery been performed during the acute phase my outcome would of been better. Do not delay your treatment just because this doctor says there is nothing wrong. If you feel it's not right, seek another orthro immediately.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I have had three shoulder rotator cuff repairs since 2004 Dr Moola has done all three of them I have had very good successful rate of return to work and mobility out of my operations my Second surgery on my right shoulder first time 2004 second time two weeks ago recovering great no pain I would Not get anyone else to do it

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

We saw Dr Moola today after my son broke his foot and was diagnosed in the ER yesterday. It will be Christmas in a few days and I was worried it would take long to see a specialist this time of year but they got me in the NEXT day after my ER doctor requested a consult on short notice. Did I have to wait 2 hours??? Yes, indeed I did, but I am grateful that he didn't leave my son waiting until over the holidays to get the proper casting etc. for his broken foot. I found his staff friendly and he had a cheerful guy who measured my son for a bootcast and even made my teenager laugh (which is not an easy task) All the negative reviews about wait times could be because he takes in people at the last minute that really cant wait a week or a month to be seen. It might be my son and others like him that makes a doctor late but I appreciate that he could be seen so quickly and made to feel at ease about his broken foot. Orthopedic doctors have to take in "emergency" patients which in turn makes them behind in their pre planned day. A 13 year old boy with a broken foot and no guidance or no proper casting over the Christmas holidays could have turned into a problematic foot later on. I appreciated getting in on such short notice and not even my kid complained about waiting. Be prepared to wait for 2 hours because someone might have needed some quick help (maybe even more than you did.)

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

He’s ignorant, incompetent and rushes through appointments because he’s over booked. He didn’t take the proper MRI and CT scans needed to make a proper diagnoses. He stated my shoulder was completely fine when there was clear restriction and pain. He continued requesting x-rays at at the private clinic beside his office. I feel there is a financial incentive here for him. He refused to order an MRI or CT scan. I would seek a more thorough and knowledgeable specialist if you are assign him through the hospital.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr. Moola rushes through examinations and does not spend the time needed to ensure I, as the patient, understood what he thought was the diagonses. He doesn’t share x-ray results when requested and caused me to take what seemed like excessive x-rays. No wonder the system is so clogged up. He spent 5 mins with me after waiting 2 hours to see him. In the end, he did not address my ortho needs and brushed me off. Ultimately I seeked advice from another orthopedic who properly diagnosed me and explained why I lacked movement in my arm. Dr. Moola claimed I was perfectly fine when clearly I had 60% usage of my arm. Dr. Moola is not a competent doctor. My experience was poor with him and I highly do not recommend his service to others. Not all doctors are equal and this one definitely comes below par. He couldn’t even diagnose my issues correctly, let alone attempt to address it.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017