Ratings for Dr. Farhad O. Moola

Very unprofessional office. Waited for over 1 hour to see this waste. Was told he was 40 mins late in the office. Two patients booked at the same time. Pathetic. Lame excuses.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I have seen Dr. Moola about my shoulder and have found him incredible knowledgeable, helpful and willing to take the time to explain my potential surgery and answer my question's. He has been on time with both visits and did not seem hurried to get me out of the office. I greatly appreciated his bedside manner and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr. Moola and his staff (Hospital staff and office staff) are all amazing. I have been his patient for a while now him treating a few injuries I sustained from 2006 until present. Left elbow/wrist and Left Pelvis and hip and now onto my shoulder. He always takes his time in explaining things in detail leaving each appointment satisfied knowing that I have such a caring and knowledgable surgeon. I think he is thoughtful, approachable, and an exceptionally skilled surgeon. Rosy is medical office assistant is always smiling cheerful and very helpful too.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

The receptionist was rude and unprofessional. I was scheduled to see Dr. Moola but was put in (without being told ahead of time) with his associate who "works with him". I usually don't mind but I had requested Dr. Moola through my family doctor and was disappointed I wasn't told I would see someone else. The doctor I saw instead of Dr. Moola (forget his name) was rude and rushed me out. He never smiled once or made me feel welcome. I felt like I was wasting his time and I REALLY went through a lot of troubel to take time off work and get there. Then he went outside and discussed my problems with Dr. Moola in whispers which I thought was unrpfessional and Dr. Moola was whispering back what to tell me. I asked if I could see Dr. Moola as I felt I was blind sided and updet he wouldnt make time for me when I made time for the appointment. Once Dr. Moola came in he was very nice and explained things in detail and didn't rush me. The other doctor just stood there and was completely rude and had a sour look on his face like he was offended I wanted Dr. Moola there. I left completely disappointed in the service. I definitely won't go back and I will steer people away from now on. What a shame and waste of gas that was.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

He fixed my broken elbow by putting 2 screws in the radial head. He never debriefed me before or after the surgery so I had no idea what he had done. But he is very knowledgeable and a super busy man.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Moola made a lot of mistakes on the repair of a slap lesion tear in my right shoulder. This was confirmed by a second and third operation by another specialist. Second surgeon’s words were that the repair on my shoulder was very messy and that the sutor anchors were raised to high. The anchors were rubbing against nerves and formed scar tissue causing a lot of inflammation – absolutely suffering after the first surgery. I went back to Dr. Moola after the first operation but found him to be very arrogant and he was laughing at my situation. He said it will take more than a year for him to look at my shoulder again, but also mentioned his sectary (Rosy) could be bribed. Really, not a time to make jokes when your patient is in constant pain (as a doctor he should understand the effects of PAIN). I was in a lot of constant pain and did not appreciate him not taking my case seriously. This was the reason I went to another surgeon who then operated and discovered all the mistakes.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

Dr. Moola was amazing through the whole experience when my son broke his leg. He is very knowledgeable, confident and kind. I have to say, the experience when going to an appointment or dealing with his office at all is dreadful at best. The first time we waited close to four hours to see him, and we weren't even told ahead of time to expect a wait like that so we didn't come prepared. I can understand that he is busy, and that there is only so much he can do, the only solution I can think of would be to reduce the number of patients he sees. I had an appointment with him and I misplaced the appointment card but expected a confirmation call as I had gotten in the past, and when I didn't get one I tried calling the office, several times over the course of three weeks, only to be greeted with an old recording giving inaccurate hours, and when I finally got through they said I missed the appt by weeks! They hadn't even bothered to pick up the phone to tell me?

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Get to your appointment ontime and prepare to wait 2+ hours. Worse office for an all day wait.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Moola is one of the most skilled surgeons I've ever met. Excellent knowledge and bedside manner. He did a shoulder replacement (while I'm only 40 years old) to fix an earlier surgery that went bad when I was 16 years old. He faced stage four arthritis, bone spurs, a flattened head on my ball joint and a staple that had been rubbing for all these years wrecking my shoulder. He did a fantastic job!! With regards to the complaints of waiting for Dr. Moola, yes I waited four hours in his reception area to see him - HOWEVER - he set my surgery immediately and within two months I was in. It is well worth the wait. You want someone who is not concerned about time. For instance, in my surgery there was so much damage it took him an extra hour to clean it all out. He wasn't rushed by the clock, and that's exactly who you want working on you! A huge thank you to Dr. Moola, my anesthesiologist and all the wonderful nurses and staff at Eagle Ridge Hospital in Port Moody. Excellent job by all!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Moola is a miracle worker. There are no other words that truly express how I feel about this man. My husband had 5 fractures (3 compound) in his femur, 3 compound fractures in his tibia, broken knee, shattered ankle, shattered heel, broken foot, broken toes, broken wrist, broken hand, broken fingers and severed tendons. The leg was so bad any other doctor would have amputated but not Dr. Moola!! He did everything he could and saved my husbands leg. To those of you who have made less than respectful comments, shame on you. Look in the mirror. This man is a miracle worker and no one will EVER tell me otherwise. I am forever in his debt and there is no way I can ever express who truly grateful I am to him. He has been nothing but honest with us from the start and was a true comfort to me when I needed it most. His staff are the best you will ever find no matter how long you have to wait. Caring and compassionate and nothing short of miracle workers!! Thank you Dr. Moola for everything

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012