Ratings for Dr. Farhad O. Moola

Dr. Farhad O. Moola,s arrogance and ignorance is unbelievable. I had been diagnosed with a broken hand by a doctor in the ER the evening before my 11am appointment to see this specialist. I had to fill out an electronic questionnaire that was irrelevant to my injury or the doctor will not see you. I ran down to pay the $5/hr underground parking meter 3 times. When I finally got called 2 hrs after my appointment time I was placed in a cubicle with a crappy wooden examination bed and egnored for another 30 min. This doctor saw me for less than 2min. and told me that the break in my hand was minor and his assistant would give me a brace and I should come back in 4 weeks for a follow-up then walked away. I was stunned by this assignment because the ER doctor showed me the xray telling me it was a clear break and not just a little fracture as Dr. Farhad said. I felt like I was being blown off by him. The assistant made some poorly shaped brace that could only be described as Fisher Price quality with a bad fit... Overall, this is an ignorant unskilled doctor with bad staff that overbooks patients... Do not think you will get quality care here. A Specialist??? Really

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I was sent to this specialist from the hospital ER. Although I can appreciate the rush squeeze to fit me in, I don't think this is quality care. I blame the lack of attention and proper diagnoses to the fact that this doctor over books himself intentionally. I also feel he lacks experience and hence why he did not catch my Essex Lopresti diagnoses and performed the needed surgery that I required. I recommend people requiring elbow to wrist assessment to seek help from more competent surgeons. I was told by my new surgeon that had my surgery been performed during the acute phase my outcome would of been better. Do not delay your treatment just because this doctor says there is nothing wrong. If you feel it's not right, seek another orthro immediately.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I have had three shoulder rotator cuff repairs since 2004 Dr Moola has done all three of them I have had very good successful rate of return to work and mobility out of my operations my Second surgery on my right shoulder first time 2004 second time two weeks ago recovering great no pain I would Not get anyone else to do it

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

We saw Dr Moola today after my son broke his foot and was diagnosed in the ER yesterday. It will be Christmas in a few days and I was worried it would take long to see a specialist this time of year but they got me in the NEXT day after my ER doctor requested a consult on short notice. Did I have to wait 2 hours??? Yes, indeed I did, but I am grateful that he didn't leave my son waiting until over the holidays to get the proper casting etc. for his broken foot. I found his staff friendly and he had a cheerful guy who measured my son for a bootcast and even made my teenager laugh (which is not an easy task) All the negative reviews about wait times could be because he takes in people at the last minute that really cant wait a week or a month to be seen. It might be my son and others like him that makes a doctor late but I appreciate that he could be seen so quickly and made to feel at ease about his broken foot. Orthopedic doctors have to take in "emergency" patients which in turn makes them behind in their pre planned day. A 13 year old boy with a broken foot and no guidance or no proper casting over the Christmas holidays could have turned into a problematic foot later on. I appreciated getting in on such short notice and not even my kid complained about waiting. Be prepared to wait for 2 hours because someone might have needed some quick help (maybe even more than you did.)

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

He’s ignorant, incompetent and rushes through appointments because he’s over booked. He didn’t take the proper MRI and CT scans needed to make a proper diagnoses. He stated my shoulder was completely fine when there was clear restriction and pain. He continued requesting x-rays at at the private clinic beside his office. I feel there is a financial incentive here for him. He refused to order an MRI or CT scan. I would seek a more thorough and knowledgeable specialist if you are assign him through the hospital.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr. Moola rushes through examinations and does not spend the time needed to ensure I, as the patient, understood what he thought was the diagonses. He doesn’t share x-ray results when requested and caused me to take what seemed like excessive x-rays. No wonder the system is so clogged up. He spent 5 mins with me after waiting 2 hours to see him. In the end, he did not address my ortho needs and brushed me off. Ultimately I seeked advice from another orthopedic who properly diagnosed me and explained why I lacked movement in my arm. Dr. Moola claimed I was perfectly fine when clearly I had 60% usage of my arm. Dr. Moola is not a competent doctor. My experience was poor with him and I highly do not recommend his service to others. Not all doctors are equal and this one definitely comes below par. He couldn’t even diagnose my issues correctly, let alone attempt to address it.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Great surgeon, so far so good. Im in recovery mode right now. He's very knowledgeable and staff is great. I'm very happy with him thus far

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

We just had my Daughter's surgery done last week. I found Dr. Moola to be a man of few words but always responded to questions in detail. Yes, there is waiting when you have an appointment but he is worth it. We all have to remember that getting this much education has taken him a long time and much commitment in a helping profession. So, I am sad to see some people compare the waiting and service perhaps with stores customer service. Even at Costco with the best service, you have to wait a long line to address your inquiry! Dr. Moola is very knowledgeable, kind and approachable. His office is very organized in preparing you for operation with all the information and prep required. The scars after a week look so tiny and are already healed nicely. I will have no hesitation to recommend him to those who are in need of healing hands and expert opinion.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr Moola is never on time. They intentionally over book and when you finally see him, after waiting on avg one to two hrs, he rushes your appointment with minimal explanation and spends at best 5-10 mins with you. In addition, I had a broken arm which he claimed that everything was fine and charged me $90 for a stupid over-the-counter brace and shoulder sling. They removed what was given to me by the hospital. I think they try to make income selling unnessary products. After returning 6 weeks I expected my arm to be fine as he stated and no it wasn't. He basically told me it's up to me how well my arm improves. Well I don't see this useless unknowlegable, unethical quack anymore. I have a new orthopaedic who is willing to investigate, request CT scans and MRI to help determine the best course off action and fix what Dr. Moola screwed up.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

My experience with Dr Moola has always been top notch from appointments, to surgery, to post op care. Long waiting room times to see Dr Moola has never been an issue for me as this is pretty much the norm for most surgeons. I also keep in mind that long waiting room times can be due to the additional time Dr Moola might need for more complex cases or the time he takes prior to an appointment to review imaging, subjective reports and other consults. I personally know this to be the case with Dr Moola. He has always been very thorough and well prepared for all our appointments. In order to ensure our appointments are optimal, I also do what I can as a patient: I come in well prepared for the appointment with a succinct overview of history, symptoms, ongoing issues, impact on activities of daily living and conservative treatments tried. Not only is this good as a reference point for discussion but it is helpful to me to recall any questions I wanted to ask him. I have never felt rushed at any of our visits. Dr Moola has always been approachable, a great listener, responsive to what I tell him and thoughtful in his suggestions. This surgeon's knowledge is also extensive. He is not only skilled in upper extremities but as a trauma surgeon as well. (My friend's brother had a great outcome after undergoing trauma surgery by Dr Moola for a serious mountain bike accident). While reviews can be a good starting point, a more comprehensive reference point, in my opinion, is the medical community- physiotherapists, nurses and GPs- who can comment on a greater number of patients that Dr Moola has seen. I have heard first hand that Dr Moola is very well respected in the medical community. In my opinion, and in my experience, Dr Moola is top notch.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017