Ratings for Dr. Tom Bowen

Dr. Bowen was the best Allergist - we were all blessed to have him. Happy Retirement!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr Bowen was a very good doctor but has retired.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Perhaps the most thorough doctor I have ever been to. I have a condition that is as-of-yet to be diagnosed where I randomly experience anaphylactic-like attacks. Dr. Bowen may not have been able to give me a diagnoses, but he took the time to discuss possibilities with me, explain what he was doing, ensure I had access to emergency medications to manage the condition and sent me home with a letter that covered all of the information. Yes, allergy testing hurts, but anyone who expects something else is delusional. I found him to be very thorough, knowledgable and kind.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

I read the reviews before I took my son and was a bit nervous for him. Within minutes of meeting him and his staff I came to the conclusion that possibly only the bad experiences are the ones writing reviews. I did not expect the actual test to be pleasant and I was right, however from the reviews I also didn't expect the kind and funny doctor, Dr Bowen turned out to be! Within 30 seconds of him finishing the test he had my son in hysterical giggles doing a Donald Duck voice. He was to the point, but not without being friendly about it. So in my opinion he went above and beyond to make the experience as least traumatic as possible. His receptionist/aide was also very patient and caring towards my son!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Staff and doctor very abrupt. Poor bedside manner - Done this for way too long to come across as caring - does not explain "poking" procedure to me, the parent, or my child. Just repeated what I had told him the facts I already knew in his report that he wrote on his laptop while we waited. Did not suggest anything helpful. But, what is most frustrating is that before a second appointment, my child started vomiting the night before...so I called to explain and rebook. No. The policy is you pay $100 or get refused. They returned our file to the referring doctor so we are no longer patients.... What?? Because of the unexpected flu?? I would NOT recommend this conceited guy at all! There are other good ones out there, no doubt.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

I took my 8 year old son in for his 3rd time being tested for nut related allergies. The first 2 times were uncomfortable for my son, as they required getting "poked" 60 times on his back by the little bug devices Doctor Bowen uses, but I recognized that the procedure was necessary nonetheless. This time however, Doctor Bowen had "revised" his technique, requiring me to hold down my son's arms while the nurse held down his feet. Then Doctor Bowen put the 60 serum drops on my son's back and proceeded to cut into the skin under each serum drop with the corner of a razor blade! My son was screaming and writhing through the torturous proceedure. I was absolutely mortified by this horrific experience!! THEN, when I asked about a specific reaction on my son's back, Doctor Bowen said "oh yah, that'll kill him for sure" right in front of my son! He's a bad doctor with ZERO bedside manner! I'll never go back to Doctor Bowen. I have booked a reassessment with Dr. Doctor instead.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

Dr. Bowen's right hand girl, Lori, was very friendly, informative, warm and helpful. Quite refreshing for a visit to a specialist where the staff is often rude. I had to make a call to the office after my daughter's appointment and Lori was still wonderfully helpful. Dr. Bowen is a friendly man who looks a little like a skinny Santa, and comes across a bit eccentric. I found he doesn't entirely communicate clearly about the tests he's reading, which shook my confidence a bit. His bedside manner is somewhat cut and dry but I found if you ask questions, he does his best to answer. He doesn't baby his patients, and I had to laugh at the woman who complained here in another post that Dr. Bowen "gave her daughter 12 needles". He's an 'allergist'! How else is he supposed to test people?? But, I digress. My daughter will start allergy shots soon and I'll repost with how the serum he has prepared has helped her. So far, so good.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

He saved our sons life - we will be forever grateful , he is a one of a kind .

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

Dr. Bowen was very thorough and attentive. Yes you get "poked by needles" - this is what allergy testing is all about. He provided comprehensive testing and good advice. He does have an "all business, academic approach", which is good! I would recommend to others.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I was poked on my back with many, many needles....... But that is what he has to do! He is an Allergist! He was fantastic and had a great bed side manor. I would go to him again in a minute. The process was faster than promised and the report was very detailed and useful. Thank you Dr. Bowen

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011