You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dayle Sigesmund

I'm stymied by some of the other reviews I've seen about this doctor. Over the course of a number of years, the Doctor saw our daughter twice. All other times were by assistants. Then again - it's hard to see patients when they are booked for appointments with the Doctor, show up for the appointments only to be told afterwards the Doctor will not be in the office. Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. We didn't want to wait around for it to happen a third time.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

She is the best! She has done my strabismus surgery and it all went perfectly well...if ahe is busy that is for a reason! You need to see a specialist the you have to wait!!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Recently I was rushed into the ER woth a ruptured cornea , Dr Sigesmund was on call, not only did she come quick but she had me in surgery and recovering in hours, since then she cared for me daily, monitoring my eye very closely , doctors don't get credit when credit is due, she saved my eye sight .... I am forever greatful ... Thank you Dr Sigesmund, you are amazing at what you do and the world needs more like you, ignore the negative comments because they have no clue James

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Even I go 30 min earlier than my appointment time, 3 hours is minimum wait time. Totally over-booked and most patients are kids and totally unacceptable to have kids be patient for 3+ hours. Most importantly she rushes through one room to the other and suspect her judgement in 5 minutes is correct. Asked us to come back in 3 months again. Yesterday they called me that she is not working on the appointment day so need to reschedule. They did it to me twice in last 4 visits.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

To make a long story short, Dr Sigesmund, lacked judgement and compassion. She was quick to jump to conclusions without thorough research. I had a terrible experience with her and was very stressed by her behaviour. My child was examined by her 3 to 4 times, and she was unable to give my child the proper eye prescription. We finally found a new eye doctor, and we are extremely happy. The new doctor is patient, friendly, compassionate, and took the time to explain my child's condition to us. What a world of difference! So glad we left.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Well, I have read the reviews below but, other then an extremely long wait, I cannot say enough about the treatment I received before and after my operation. Dr. Sigesmund took the time to patiently explain to me exactly what was going to happen during my operation. At the end of an unbelievably busy afternoon and it was quite late in the day, Dr Sigesmund took the time to help me find a telephone number which I desperately needed to contact family !! To say she went above and beyond what was required would be an understatement. As for the staff, every single time I have phoned them and seen them in person which was twice, they have been extremely helpful to me and also explanatory when needed. In fact, because I had been concerned the day after the operation, and phoned her office, because I had bleeding still in my eye, the staff made sure that Dr. Sigesmund knew what had happened and Dr. Sigesmund took the time to call me at home to talk with me and explain what was happening. B. In fact, Dr Sigesmund went one step further, since I was not home when she called, she asked me to return the call and have her interrupted if she was in a meeting. I think Dr. Sigesmund is absolutely wonderful and I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. The only negative in my experience with Dr. Sigesmund, was the extremely long wait but well worth it in the long run!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Absolute worst experience at a doctors office yet. Left after waiting 2 hours.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

My mum goes to this doctor. My mum has a language barrier and one of the admin staff speak the language but does not make an effort to assist my mum. One of us has to accompany her and wait for 3-4 hours with her. We asked her 3 times to fax over the report to mum's family doctor so her family doctor can explain to mum in her language what the diagnosis were; however, mum visited the doctor twice in one month and still the report has not been faxed over to the doctor's office. They have no work ethics, they don't understand the importance of circle of care. It is very frustrating and it is very sad that our elders are treated like this by these admin staff and nothing is done about this.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Receptionists are extremely rude... On the phone and in office.. Wait times are brutal. But overall I love Dr. Sigmund. She's amazing just wish she would fire her two receptionists. I've called and been put on hold before.. Twice.. Twenty Min's each time and they still had to ask me what I was waiting for only to put me on hold again.. And then hang up. Definitely wish she had a bigger office with less of a wait time.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Dayle Sigesmund's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I'm stymied by some of the other reviews I've seen about this doctor. Over the course of a number of years, the Doctor saw our daughter twice. All other times..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is the best! She has done my strabismus surgery and it all went perfectly well...if ahe is busy that is for a reason! You need to see a specialist the you h..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recently I was rushed into the ER woth a ruptured cornea , Dr Sigesmund was on call, not only did she come quick but she had me in surgery and recovering in hou..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Even I go 30 min earlier than my appointment time, 3 hours is minimum wait time. Totally over-booked and most patients are kids and totally unacceptable to have..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "To make a long story short, Dr Sigesmund, lacked judgement and compassion. She was quick to jump to conclusions without thorough research. I had a terrible e..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Well, I have read the reviews below but, other then an extremely long wait, I cannot say enough about the treatment I received before and after my operation. ..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolute worst experience at a doctors office yet. Left after waiting 2 hours. "

November 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My mum goes to this doctor. My mum has a language barrier and one of the admin staff speak the language but does not make an effort to assist my mum. One of u..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sigesmund is very competent. Her clinical approach, knowledge and friendliness are very impressive. "

November 9, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Receptionists are extremely rude... On the phone and in office.. Wait times are brutal. But overall I love Dr. Sigmund. She's amazing just wish she would fire h..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I saw another ophthalmologist who said he could do nothing for me. Dr. Sigesmund has spent hours working with me to give me my vision back. Yes, you have have..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Our overall experience at this office was very poor. I understand there are always delays and waiting around with specialists. However, I found that the Doct..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "As everyone else has already said, the wait times are pretty ridiculous. I mean, I understand the doctor doesn't want to have any of her time wasted, but to sho..."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Wait times are EXTREMELY long- 3-4hrs. The doctor is WAY overbooked, office is too small. Seriously, 4hours in the waiting room, 15 people ahead of me in line ..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was at Dr. Sigesmund's office just last week and I have to tell you it was the best so far. My son is autistic and it is very difficult to have him sit in one..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Very good doctor with an EXTREMELY RUDE receptionist. Who gives her the right to yell at parents children for being too loud. Not helpful at all. The visit woul..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "A great doctor with an extremely rude and not helpful receptionist. I guess all specialists always have a busy office but at least try to accommodate the always..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sigesmund is good but the wait time is so terrible. You have to wait for a minimum of 3 hours before you could be seen."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very frustrating to have our appointments cancelled because she is not working. Have to then wait another few months to see her. Not satisfied with her care."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Be prepared for the wait, it's worth it though! She's amazing."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I find that I am not getting out of pain and this is been happening since I was 6 years old"

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing. Compassionate. Caring. Wonderful. Just some of the words I think of when I think about Dr. Sigesmund. Yes, you have to wait, sometimes it is 3-4 hou..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "When I think of Dr. S's office, I imagine it must be a lot like one of the outer rings of h-e-l-l. That said... Dr. Sigesmund is FANTASTIC. My family and I have..."

September 18, 2014
  • City changed from "Toronto" to "North York"

August 22, 2013