Ratings for Dr. John Hobson

He quickly diagnosed my PVD and admitted me to the hospital within hours, surgery 2 days later. I haven't felt this well in 2 years at least! thank you!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

He is an empathetic, kind and considerate doctor. He has taken care of my late husband, my late father in law and now me. He has been there not only physically, but emotionally for all of us. God bless you John. Thanks again from Lyn

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I accompanied my elderly father to see Dr. Hobson, referral for possible circulation causing weakness, further investigation will be done. I have gone to several appointments with my father over last several months and I was most impressed with Dr. Hodson. He took the time to talk to my father about what was really bothering him, identified a related issue which could affect functioning, gave some recommendations to help my father maintain his active lifestyle and took the time that showed us he really cared. Thank you Dr. Hobson, and your very nice assistant, for your excellent care.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I had a toe removed in Florida in February 2014 due to an undiagnosed PVD condition. MY spouse and I were flown back to Canada and hospitalized at Groves Hospital in Fergus, On. for 5 days (Feb 10th to 15th, 2014). We met Dr. Hobson in Guelph Hospital early March and were immediately struck by his thoroughness in using the latest testing programs to determine that I had PVD in both legs below the knees. His caring and forthright manner struck us as exemplary. I saw him again twice and nothing had changed in my describing a fine physician. Thanks Doctor Hobson for all that you have done on my behalf. Sincerely, John McKenna, Belwood, On.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr Hobson has been helping me for two years now with my problume. Although i chosse not to have surgory a year ago my problume has promted me to reach out for help again and he and he was there for me again with no hesitation ! What more could you want than that. Im very grateful to have meet such a proffesional. We need more Drs just like him

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Where do I begin? Dr Hobson is a saviour, he is the best in Guelph at what he does.I would never go to anyone else. I went to him for a bowel procedure as I was in pain constantly and he found out that I had several issues, most of them not his area. He made sure that I saw all the specialists, not his job either, and then booked a surgery with everyone involved, including my family doctor. He did not need to do this as he could of easily said "you need to go back to your family doctor and have all your other issues resolved before I can treat you" He is very kind, thorough and sympathetic. Now he is my surgeon and I go see him once a year at his request to make sure that everything is running smoothly. If you need anything done with your digestive system, or cardiovascular system this is your man. There is no one better.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Excellent reputation. Extremely knowledgeable. Great staff. Specializes in vascular surgery too. Trust him with my guts.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

Was referred to him for gallstones had my gallbladder removed had the surgery preformed 2-3 weeks later i was back in the emergency in intense pain like i had from my gallbladder attacks . Knowing my gallbladder had been removed i didnt know why i still had such intense pain he came in the ER and seen me and told me my pain was all in my head that i didnt have the pain later found out from ultrasound there was stones stuck in my tubes from the surgery that were never removed which was causing the pain i was in . Found his bedside manner very poor for me to say something like i was making up the pain . Would never want to be referred to him for surgery again for that reason alone .

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr Hobson was involved in performing surgery on me, which was later proved to be the incorrect treatment for my illness. I found him to be short, like he was in a hurry to be through. I found him abrupt, to the point of rudeness. He also pulled twenty feet of packing from my abdomen and piled it on my wound, then left the room while nurses were on shift change. I waited two hours to have my packing redone. A doctor should remember his patients are people.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Good approches and stays always be helpfull to patients

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008