Ratings for Dr. Avidis Boudakian

I read the reviews and was hesitate about seeing him I almost had my doctor find me someone else so glad I did not. I was in and out within the hour which is unheard of in a Doctor office these days. The office staff was friendly and helpful. Dr. Boudakian was pleasant and personable made me feel right at ease. I feel very comfortable having the test performed by him he put my mind at ease. I wanted to write a review so others will know that it is worth waiting for an appointment with Dr. Boudakian.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Highly recommended for his knowledge and his patience/sensitivity towards my query and coming procedure regardless irrational the query was. Speaking with him gave me a sense of assurance towards my procedure and made me more informative

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Avidis Boudakian is an excellent and knowledgeable doctor. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. I highly recommend him. His staff in the office are very helpful and polite.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I've seen him twice regarding two issues. Both times he was extremly rude, arrogrant and dismissive with my symptoms and both times I was treated successfully by other Urologists. I honestly don't know why I went to see him the second time. Didn't spend any time explaining anything. Should be investigated for incompetence. I would ask to see another Urologist if your doctor refers you to see him, like the other patient that rated him; RUN.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. B. has taken care of our Daughter for approx. 5 years. He is kind, interested and very engaged with getting her and keep her healthy. His staff as been very good to book appointments as she is in full time out of town university. Excellent Team of Experts with Outstanding knowledge of the field. She is doing much better !

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Reckless Doctor – needs to be investigated. In 2003, my Dad went to see Dr. Avidis Boudakian. Boudakian told my Dad he had an enlarged prostate, and had cells that were changing from healthy into cancerous. Boudakian said he would “be watching this”, and we made the grave error of trusting Avidis Boudakian. By July 2004, Boudakian told my Dad he had a Grade 8 of 10 (Aggressive) Cancer in the Prostate and Dad had his prostate removed. Over the next 5 years, my Dad received news of blood test results from Boudakian who was “watching” my Dad’s health. My Dad discussed how he was feeling and kept being told by Boudakian he was fine, but would continue to “watch the results”. My Dad continued to feel “not well” and started having blood in his stool. By May of 2009, my Dad was really not well, and after a physical exam by Boudakian was told that he had bad Hemorrhoids, and needed to start taking Metamucil. My Dad took the Metamucil for 2 months with no improvement and then one day ended up in Emergency after severe bleeding. The doctor in Emergency immediately referred Dad to Sunnybrook where several cancer physicians examined my Dad and we were told he had stage 4 Colon Cancer. My Mother and I were in the room, outside the curtain when these Doctors at Sunnybrook examined my Dad and heard their reactions when they saw my Dad’s tumor. One said outright in disgust, “who told you this was Hemorroids?!” My Dad died in 2011, and we truly regret the day that my family put our trust in Avidis Boudakian.

Submitted January 2, 2016

Dr. Boudakian may be a little abrupt but when he had to break some bad test results to me he took all the time needed to explain the results, treatment and prognosis and answered all of my questions fully and completely. He took so much time that when I was leaving I found that all of the staff had gone home already as it was well past office hours. I found him to be very knowledgable, competent and caring in my case.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr. Boudakian is an excellent doctor. He was very patient and helpful in answering all the questions I had. He put my mind at ease and I feel that I am getting the best possible care that I can get in Canada.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

very very very busy. his office is a little cubby hole very depressing atmosphere.my closet is bigger,being only one of two urolgists in all of markham i think he is way over worked.does;nt have time for much one on one hospital should hire a couple of more urologists, these two guys just do not have time for more patients i would suggest going to a big hospital .

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Reading some of the comments I was terrified to see this Dr., however he is not as bad as he is made out to be. He does have an arrogant personality, and I can see how some people might find him offensive or rude but overall I found him to be knowledgeable, he and his nurse explained everything to me, he asked if had any questions, and he tried to make jokes. I found him to be very competent but also very blunt. If you can't take his bluntness you should probably find another dr.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013