Ratings for Dr. Ronald Young

I have not seen Dr. Ron Young as a patient but am very disturbed that he would list himself as a "cosmetic surgeon/ plastic surgeon" which he is definitely NOT. He is a family physician . The general public needs to know that it requires 5 years of residency in a plastic surgery program after becoming a doctor and then passing extremely difficult board exams to be able to use the title above. It is an insult to all the fine board certified plastic surgeons in this city that he would make a fraudulent claim like this. Beware!!! You can check on the Physicians and Surgeons website to see who is actually a board certified and trained Plastic Surgeon. Do your homework!!! I wasn't allowed to make this comment without filling in the other boxes so disregard those since I haven't seen him but am only commenting on his lack of credentials.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Went to this doc for diagnostic consult. He was not interested in my medical records, symptoms, doing a physical exam. He was interested in signing me up for expensive treatments like IVs, medications, and creams. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Young is the best doctor in Calgary! I saw a lot of doctors for my vascular veins and none of them can compare to Dr. Young. Professional, knowledge, caring.... a doctor for people not money.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

not sure why he is listed as a plastic surgeon - he is not one

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

My mother and I have been going to see Dr. Young for about 10 years. He is INCREDIBLE. By far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is so knowledgable and so thorough and looks at every single detail. He is a preventive doctor and combines different modalities in his practice, I haven't heard of anyone like him in this city, as you can see with all the amazing reviews he has. Yes he is a bit pricey, but at the end of the day it's your health and you can't put a dollar amount on that!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

This man is amazing. He truly encompasses what a doctor should be. I had the same family doctor for 20 years and when I went to see Dr Young on a recommendation I was blown away with his level of knowledge, care, and skill. We discussed issues and solutions that my previous doctor never thought of. I feel very lucky that I have found a doctor this good?

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I have seen Dr. Young for several years for bioidentical hormone therapy, and preventative medicine. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable, he is a very caring and wonderful doctor. I feel very fortunate to be his patient.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Great doctor and really cares about his patients. Only issue is always late but once in great care.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

I can't find words to describe Dr. Young! He is, simply put, the best! So kind, super intelligent, and I feel like I have been heard. Explains things so clearly. Med schools should seek him out on how patients should be treated.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr Young is one of if not the best doctors I have ever seen. I was referred to him by a friend to treat excessive menstrual bleeding and fatigue. After my one hour appointment, he did a quick physical, palpated my neck and found a lump on my thyroid. After an ultrasound and a fine needle aspiration, we discovered it was cancer. I had it and my thyroid removed. However, this discovery was serendipity; if I had not gone to see him and be properly treated for the original complaint, the cancer never would have been discovered. In addition to the cancer (or prior to the actual diagnosis), he found I had high estrogen, low progesterone, low B12 and low vitamin e. I am now feeling as good as I have in years- thanks to his thoroughness and his interest in me as a patient. I have never felt like a number nor rushed to get out of his office. His staff is wonderful and answer questions to the best of their ability. Yes, I pay for his time, but I can honestly say he saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012