Ratings for Dr. Kendall E. Graven

Took my 8 YO daughter in due to an severely infected finger. The staff was great and tried to get us in ASAP because my girl was in extreme pain. Graven came in seemingly with a chip on his shoulder, sat across the room and with little apparent concern or compassion looked at her finger, again from across the room. I asked him pointedly to please step outside with me for a second BEFORE speaking of any treatment options because my daughter is extremely needle-phobic and highly stressed by medical visits anyway. He didn't even listen, but said, "Sure, but you are going to take her to the ER to get that finger opened up." I was stunned by his lack of empathy. My daughter was loosing it and he just kept right on... "I'll see if I can explain this so you can understand..." (I'm not stupid and no one likes to be talked down to). "The fingerpad has these sheaths attaching it and keeping it in place and so this has to be done right. They'll need to cut it open like this.." At which point I yelled at him to Stop! My daughter was a full on wreck at this point and he hasn't even registered her distress. I asked if he could at least get her some ibuprofen or something to take the edge off her pain. "No, they'll handle that at the ER. Not here." So I got up, consoled my girl, and walked out. She squalled constantly for the next hour. Do NOT take your children to this person. His bedside manner was atrocious.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I went to a craving for a hernia and he cocked at me and told me to go to the ER for vicodin I told him I do not want vicodin I want the problem taken care of and I want an operation or something and he got sarcastic with me and told me to it would be at least two weeks to make an appointment with him and thuen it would be it least a couple more weeks out to schedule any surgery and then he wouldn't help me after that any more and a few years later I requested my chart notes and in my chart notes I saw where graven claimed he had fixed my hernia and that was a blatant lie he never did nothing whatsoever for my hernia and I called him on it and Salem clinic and then graven took back his comment and then just said that my hernia problem was resolved which it never was.he's sarcastic and I think he's always pushing pharmaceuticals down my throat he didn't want to get to the bottom of the problem just prescribed pharmaceuticals that's all

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I felt this doctor frequently rushed to judgment. He never asked many questions which made me feel like he wasn't very good at what he does. He ordered some very expensive and controversial tests and balked when asked for a referral to specialist. His bedside manner is atrocious! It's time for me to find a new doctor. I would NOT recommend this one!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Don't appreciate how he doesn't even bother to read our names before he enters the room and pretends he cares by calling us generic names like "awesome guy", etc. Gives very brash answers to questions and makes me feel like he's rushing us out of the room. Acts like we're asking ridiculous questions when we ask anything about our health concerns. Overall, always a frustrating experience when we visit. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Dr Graven 9-30-09 1:30 am Looks like another sleepless night. I'm feeling after yesterday event that it may be in my best interest to seek a new Doctor. Given my condition of not getting sleep lately I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing. I feel that your bedside manners and me are not a good match. I really don't understand the way I was treated in your office yesterday. For the following reasons I'm not happy with being your patient. Going back I don't know how many years ago... Starting with my back problems and pain med's. I feel I was made out to be a drug addict out for a fix when I was in a great deal of pain with my back. I'm not sure you believe I was in pain? Or maybe you think having a third back operation is better than taking A pill? After sending this letter to Dr Graven My care was termanated by the board of directors at the salem clinic

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

Vey knowledgeable,takes the time to talk to you and explains everything clearly. Always polite and good humored. You dont leave wondering about anything, very thorough.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008

Dr. Kendall E. Graven's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)