Ratings for Dr. Jason Rivers

Dr. Rivers is the best dermatologist I have seen in my lifetime. I have been to many highly respected dermatologists during the last 30 years. I have had the most success with Dr. Rivers. Dr. Rivers and the Pacific Dermaesthetics team has executed a treatment plan on my facial scarring that has eliminated the scarring and refreshed my skin. The treatment plan and the daily skin care plan over the last five years have been extremely successful. Very thankful to Dr. Rivers and his Team. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Rivers makes responsibility for patient care the first priority. He is brilliant and compassionate as well as ethical. This means a thorough clinical assessment, giving the patient time to make a well informed decision, and delivering exceptional treatment with follow up. In my case he has helped me recover from experiences at another clinic and has done so with skill and professionalism.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I have recently seen Dr Rivers and am soooo impressed! Amazing injection technique. I was very anxious to get my lips done as I've been through it before with other dermatologists. Completely different experience! Pain free and such a nice natural look. Only got one small bruise compared to massive bruising I got elsewhere. It took months to get in to see him but well worth the wait! I won't go see anyone else after the results achieved. On that note, no wait in office once appointment was booked. All three times, no waiting for an hour as you anxciously await your treatment. Highly recommend this lovely Doctor and his wonderful staff!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I am a 49yr old woman in the design field. I needed to keep up my professional edge as well as keep up with my growing daughters and handsome travelling husband. Pacific Dermaesthetics and their team did an amazing job in shedding my face of years of work & life stress. My look is refreshed, not fake. I get comments on how bright my eyes look, my skin, etc.. My personalized and strategic treatments included thermage, fraxel, IPL and injections. I have always been a cheerful person and this treatment has boosted my appearance, energy an d confidence to match my personality. Thank you Dr. Rivers and the Pacific Dermaesthetics team!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr Rivers, helped my son with acne in his late teen years. Just in time for high school graduation. His skin was amazing. He also helped me with a few suspicious skin issues. I feel very comfortable knowing he has our health in his best interests.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Dr Rivers and his professional staff. I've had 3 small procedures with him and they were executed with efficiency and effectiveness. I high recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I have a rare skin condition called Hailey Hailey. Most doctors have only read about this disease, but Dr. Rivers knew about it right away and set me on a course of "experimental" treatments and kept records of what worked and didn't work along the way. I was relieved to finally find a dermatologist who wanted to actually help me and not just send me out the door with another prescription that doesn't work. He is very conscientious of my condition and him along with all his staff are fabulous people to deal with. I am looking forward to the future with Dr. Rivers and his clinic.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Mole removal left bad scarring. The scarring was much more than he advised. He then recommended to come back for scar treatments, which of course cost more money. Didn't bother, will take my business somewhere new. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Jason Rivers's response
Any surgical procedure may result in scarring that is unanticipated. Scarring may occur in the post- operative period because of poor wound care or genetic predisposition. Should a problem arise, then we will attempt to rectify the situation, often at no charge to the patient.

Submitted August 6, 2015

Dr. Jason Rivers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Jason K. Rivers, MD, FRCPC, FAAD Dr. Jason Rivers is a Clinical Professor of dermatology and past director of the dermatology residency program at the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia. He has lectured and published extensively on skin cancer and devoted significant efforts to research and collaboration on various government and industry-sponsored initiatives in prevention and treatment. Dr. Rivers practices medical and aesthetic dermatology at Pacific Dermaesthetics in downtown Vancouver and is the developer and founder of Riversol Skin Care. His dedication to excellence in patient care and clinical skills has earned him recognition by being the recipient of Canada’s “Best Doctors” award for a number of years. Dr. Rivers demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for writing and research, culminating in literary contributions of more than 150 articles and book chapters. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, the official publication of the Canadian Dermatology Association. He is the current President of both the Canadian Society for Dermatologic Surgery and the Acne and Rosacea Society of Canada. Furthermore, Dr. Rivers has been an expert peer-reviewer or editorial board member for major dermatology journals, including the British Journal of Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, and JAMA Dermatology (formerly Archives of Dermatology). Dr. Rivers has been a primary investigator for numerous clinical studies in both medical and aesthetic dermatology, including psoriasis, actinic keratosis, skin cancer, neuromuscular blocking agents, injectable fillers, and non-invasive body contouring.

• English

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rivers is the best dermatologist I have seen in my lifetime. I have been to many highly respected dermatologists during the last 30 years. I have had the m..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rivers makes responsibility for patient care the first priority. He is brilliant and compassionate as well as ethical. This means a thorough clinical asse..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have recently seen Dr Rivers and am soooo impressed! Amazing injection technique. I was very anxious to get my lips done as I've been through it before with o..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 49yr old woman in the design field. I needed to keep up my professional edge as well as keep up with my growing daughters and handsome travelling husband..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rivers, helped my son with acne in his late teen years. Just in time for high school graduation. His skin was amazing. He also helped me with a few susp..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rivers is a good doctor. My only complaint is that he spreads himself too thin by using subordinates wherever possible. "

October 27, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rivers is simply the best dermatologist in Vancouver. Great bedside manner, very professional and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend!"

October 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've had nothing but positive experiences with Dr Rivers and his professional staff. I've had 3 small procedures with him and they were executed with efficiency..."

August 6, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://vancouverskin.com" to "http://www.vancouverskin.com". Phone Number has been updated from "16048755151" to "(604) 682-7546".

July 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have a rare skin condition called Hailey Hailey. Most doctors have only read about this disease, but Dr. Rivers knew about it right away and set me on a cour..."

June 15, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V5K0" to "V5Z 4E8". Address has been updated from "None" to "835 West 10th Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16048755151".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Mole removal left bad scarring. The scarring was much more than he advised. He then recommended to come back for scar treatments, which of course cost more m..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Didn't help me at all. I came to Dr. Jason Rivers for scars treatment beginning of 2012. In total I had 8 fraxel treatments and 2 injections within a 4-6 months..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Rivers for over 20 years. I have a genetic skin disorder that requires constant and thorough monitoring. I met Dr. Rivers during a..."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Rivers for over 14 years. In the world of dermatology he is the Best of the Best. He has an extensive knowledge ba..."

January 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I wrote the comment below about the $3000 dollars worth of fraxel treatment recommendation. I just want to say that my experience was that he was anything but ..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Too much of a sales person to for me................."

December 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been to see Dr. Rivers more than a few times over the past years for Botox and fillers. At each and every visit I find him and his staff very professiona..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Rivers to be very presumptuous. He recommended $3000 dollars worth of fraxel treatments when I went in there for something very minor on my forehead..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I went to him for some minor melasma on my forehead and he recommended a series of three full face fraxel procedures, but told me I had nice skin, and pointed o..."

September 25, 2014