Dr. Jason Rivers

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jason Rivers

Dr Jason Rivers is an amazing man. Always professional and caring.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2019

I visited Dr. Rivers today and the experience was incredible. The Dr. knew what he was talking about and was ever so professional. He took a great deal of time with my procedure and took time explaining everything to a newly trained dermatologist. I highly recommend Dr. Rivers and staff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2019

Dr. Rivers has been my dermatologist for many years and I am very grateful that he is my doctor! Dr. Rivers is very skilled, knowledgeable, and caring. He utilizes very up to date procedures and takes the time to explain things thoroughly and go over any concerns. When I see Dr. Rivers, I know that I will not only receive excellent care, but that I will be treated in a respectful and professional manner. I have used Dr. Rivers’ skincare line, Riversol, for many years and am delighted with the effect that it has had on my skin. I have utilized a variety of products within the Riversol line, and have found them all to be effective and soothing on my very sensitive skin. Those who work for Dr. Rivers are pleasant and courteous and the atmosphere at Pacific Derm is very professional. The clinic is spotless and aesthetically pleasing. I have recommended Dr. Rivers and Pacific Derm to numerous people over the years and I will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2019

Dr. Rivers is the best. My doctor for several years. He looks you right in the eye, hears everything you want to tell him, and gives expert and practical advice: what works and what isn't worth the cost.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2019

I use Dr Rivers products Riversol and my skin has never been better I am a 67 year old woman according to my esthetician my skin has Improved a lot Thank you dr Rivers wish we had a great doctor like you in Quebec

flag | Submitted February 16, 2019

Doesn’t like MSP patients and will handoff to an associate new-grad Derm upon arrival; prefers private dollar medical aesthetics. I wish he’d revisit his humble roots and remember his reason.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2019

Dr. Jason Rivers

Dr. Jason Rivers's response
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your concern. Please understand that for the last 29 years, I have provided and continue to provide MSP (medically covered) services to my patients. I do not rush through my patient visits and will address multiple issues at an appointment. This means that in order to provide the best service I can to my patients, I may run behind schedule. Second, as I have a wait list approaching a year (like many BC dermatologists), I will recommend that a new patient can have the option to see one of my Dermatology colleagues at our practice, Pacific Derm, so as to provide medical service more expeditiously. All this to say, I have always remained true to my principals and will continue to do so. Please know that I am available to discuss patient concerns at any time.

Submitted January 23, 2019

Dr. Rivers’s staff were friendly and professional .

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

He took the time to explain my skin condition and the possible treatments that are available. He also allieviated my anxiety and insecurities about my skin condition. I’m really glad my GP referred me to him as I’ve seen other an dermatologist who seemed really miserable and was a bit testy with her tone.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

Dr. rivers has always been on time gives a lot of information, makes us feel very comfortable and safe. his staff is always friendly and welcoming.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

Always spot on with what procedure is needed for the best results and never more. Have never been disappointed with his work or the professionalism of his staff and office!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Jason Rivers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Jason K. Rivers, MD, FRCPC, FAAD Dr. Jason Rivers is a Clinical Professor of dermatology and past director of the dermatology residency program at the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia. He has lectured and published extensively on skin cancer and devoted significant efforts to research and collaboration on various government and industry-sponsored initiatives in prevention and treatment. Dr. Rivers practices medical and aesthetic dermatology at Pacific Dermaesthetics in downtown Vancouver and is the developer and founder of Riversol Skin Care. His dedication to excellence in patient care and clinical skills has earned him recognition by being the recipient of Canada’s “Best Doctors” award for a number of years. For his volunteer efforts and contributions, he was awarded the Canadian Dermatology Association's Award of Merit in 2016. Dr. Rivers demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for writing and research, culminating in literary contributions of more than 150 articles and book chapters. He is Editor Emeritus of the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, the official publication of the Canadian Dermatology Association. He is the current President of the Acne and Rosacea Society of Canada and the immediate Past President of the Canadian Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Furthermore, Dr. Rivers has been an expert peer-reviewer or editorial board member for major dermatology journals, including the British Journal of Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, and JAMA Dermatology (formerly Archives of Dermatology). Dr. Rivers has been a primary investigator for numerous clinical studies in both medical and aesthetic dermatology, including psoriasis, actinic keratosis, skin cancer, neuromuscular blocking agents, injectable fillers, and non-invasive body contouring with both Coolsculpting and Liposonix.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1977)
  • Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 1981)
  • University of London (Grad. 1986)
  • New York University (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Sydney (Grad. 1990)

• Laser resurfacing