Dr. Jason Rivers

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jason Rivers

Have been going to Dr Rivers for a few years and he is always professional and caring.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

One of the very best - for both medical and cosmetic dermatology. It is no wonder that he has taught many other doctors.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I have visited dr rivers religiously as he carefully over time , corrected some very nasty damage. I had deep scarring all over my face and red blotchy uneven skin tones . I carried an arsenal of cover up where ever I went. Thru a series of lasers and injections he gradually gave me my life back. It took a few years to allow healing in between lasers to see results but I've used his services every year for the past decade and will continue to do so. Beautiful place excellent Dermatologist .

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

gave him over a thousand dollars and zapped and burned my skin a few times and didn't change anything. Fix the problem myself for pennies by applying a home make yogurt mask

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Jason Rivers

Dr. Jason Rivers's response
It is unfortunate that the person in question feels they were not treated in an effective fashion. However, it is highly unlikely we would suggest or recommend a treatment that would have no effect on a specific condition. That said, we indicate verbally and through our consent forms that some people may require more than one treatment session to achieve a desired result and even then, the outcome may be sub-optimal. We always put the patient's interest first and if there is a concern we encourage the patient to speak with us directly so that we can better understand the issue and make every effort to correct it.

Submitted June 2, 2017

Went to see Dr. Rivers for some skin treatments to improve a scar. Had some laser done and some filler to get rid of some wrinkles. He did an excellent job and I had a great experience every time I went in.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Great caring staff. Dr. Jason is a gem! Every one is efficient and professional.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Exceptionally professional, knowledgeable, and consistent care.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Rivers was an answer to prayer for me! Unfortunately, within the last two years, I had seen two Canadian Dermatologist and two US Dermatologist before I was recommend to this exceptionally excellent and very professional skin specialist. I have Vitilago, a skin condition that causes the loss of pigment. With time, I accepted this skin condition as it was purely cosmetic and not medically life threatening. I was coping well, when two years ago, I awoke to find that I had eight spots that were very evident on my face and neck. As a result, I began the process of trying to eliminate these very prominent spots and to no avail. Just as I had given up and felt there was no help for me I was recommended to Dr. Rivers. I did have to wait for three months, however, it was well worth the wait and the best visit of my life. Dr. Rivers treated my spots with Medi-Lite and within one week, the spots were so faint that I no longer had to use a thick facial consealer. What a blessing! What freedom! I felt like a new woman! Thank you Dr. Rivers for making a difference in my life! Dr. Rivers is very caring, personable and very competent in his field. You will be very happy to put any of your skincare concerns in his very capable hands. Truly one of the best doctors not only in Canada but in the US. In addition, all of his staff are a reflection of Dr. Rivers and how he truly cares for all of his clients. Thank you all. Always and much appreciated! Keep up the excellent work! Blessings to you all and to all those who visit Pacific Dermaesthetics!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr Rivers is a top class Dermatologist, he is engaging and thorough in looking at all aspects of skin care.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr. Rivers is simply the best. He is thorough, honest, professional and very caring. Would recommend him to anyone. Highly professional staff.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Dr. Jason Rivers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Jason K. Rivers, MD, FRCPC, FAAD Dr. Jason Rivers is a Clinical Professor of dermatology and past director of the dermatology residency program at the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia. He has lectured and published extensively on skin cancer and devoted significant efforts to research and collaboration on various government and industry-sponsored initiatives in prevention and treatment. Dr. Rivers practices medical and aesthetic dermatology at Pacific Dermaesthetics in downtown Vancouver and is the developer and founder of Riversol Skin Care. His dedication to excellence in patient care and clinical skills has earned him recognition by being the recipient of Canada’s “Best Doctors” award for a number of years. For his volunteer efforts and contributions, he was awarded the Canadian Dermatology Association's Award of Merit in 2016. Dr. Rivers demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for writing and research, culminating in literary contributions of more than 150 articles and book chapters. He is Editor Emeritus of the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, the official publication of the Canadian Dermatology Association. He is the current President of the Acne and Rosacea Society of Canada and the immediate Past President of the Canadian Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Furthermore, Dr. Rivers has been an expert peer-reviewer or editorial board member for major dermatology journals, including the British Journal of Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, and JAMA Dermatology (formerly Archives of Dermatology). Dr. Rivers has been a primary investigator for numerous clinical studies in both medical and aesthetic dermatology, including psoriasis, actinic keratosis, skin cancer, neuromuscular blocking agents, injectable fillers, and non-invasive body contouring with both Coolsculpting and Liposonix.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1977)
  • Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 1981)
  • University of London (Grad. 1986)
  • New York University (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Sydney (Grad. 1990)

• Laser resurfacing