Rate Dr. Jason Rivers

Dr. Jason Rivers's Ratings

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Dr Rivers and his professional staff. I've had 3 small procedures with him and they were executed with efficiency and effectiveness. I high recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

I have a rare skin condition called Hailey Hailey. Most doctors have only read about this disease, but Dr. Rivers knew about it right away and set me on a course of "experimental" treatments and kept records of what worked and didn't work along the way. I was relieved to finally find a dermatologist who wanted to actually help me and not just send me out the door with another prescription that doesn't work. He is very conscientious of my condition and him along with all his staff are fabulous people to deal with. I am looking forward to the future with Dr. Rivers and his clinic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2838367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Mole removal left bad scarring. The scarring was much more than he advised. He then recommended to come back for scar treatments, which of course cost more money. Didn't bother, will take my business somewhere new. Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2771926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Jason Rivers's response
Any surgical procedure may result in scarring that is unanticipated. Scarring may occur in the post- operative period because of poor wound care or genetic predisposition. Should a problem arise, then we will attempt to rectify the situation, often at no charge to the patient.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Rivers for over 20 years. I have a genetic skin disorder that requires constant and thorough monitoring. I met Dr. Rivers during a grand round at VGH in which I was being assessed by approximately 20 doctors regarding my condition. Dr. Rivers was the last to see me and by this point I was completely overwhelmed and terrified. Many doctors had suggested that given the outlook of my condition I should let nature take its course, while others where unable to make a diagnosis or recommendations. Dr. Rivers was able to immediately put me at ease with a perfect combination of knowledge and compassion. He continues to this day to be open to my questions and concerns and ever encouraging of my rather unique journey. I feel extremely fortunate to have Dr. Rivers on "my team".

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2713567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Rivers for over 14 years. In the world of dermatology he is the Best of the Best. He has an extensive knowledge base to draw upon and years of experience which enables him to recognize and diagnose a problem correctly quickly. Additionally, Dr. Rivers is accessible. He cares deeply about his patients and responds immediately when a concern is bought to his attention.
I highly recommend Dr. Rivers

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2687486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

Too much of a sales person to for me.................

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2653188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

I've been to see Dr. Rivers more than a few times over the past years for Botox and fillers. At each and every visit I find him and his staff very professional, thorough, and most importantly to me....conservative in my treatments. His bed side manner is the best of any doctor I have ever been to. Everything is explained with ease and before photos are often taken so I can see results in plain view. I've also seen his associate so I could have my body checked over for any concerns (I'm 47 and have had a couple of basal cell spots). She was also very thorough and professional. I've had a couple of appointments where I have had to wait. However, this does not bother me as I've never been rushed through my appointments and I'd rather wait for a doctor who takes his time with everyone. I highly recommend Dr. Rivers and his team.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2635024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

I found Dr Rivers to be very presumptuous. He recommended $3000 dollars worth of fraxel treatments when I went in there for something very minor on my forehead. It was a bid deal for me to go to a dermatologist in the first place. I neither could afford his procedures or afford to take time off work to recover from his procedures. I found his skin assessment to be very quick and not very thorough. I am only in my early thirties.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2563954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

Dr. Jason Rivers's response
It is unfortunate that your experience was not positive and for this I apologize. At Pacific Dermaesthetics we attempt to provide each patient with recommendations that are optimized for their particular concerns and needs. We make a point of avoiding recommendations that would be of limited benefit to the individual. Our recommendations and advice are just that - we do not proceed with any treatment unless the patient is fully aware of the risks and benefits and wants to move forward with the suggestions. If anyone is unhappy with their experience at PDA, I am always available to discuss and correct the situation. Our goal is to help people in an environment that is based on integrity and honesty.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

I had 3 recommendations for cosmetic dermatologists, emailed each for info. Dr. Rivers' office responded within a day(!) so I chose him. So glad I did! My goal was to rid my 64-yr old face of some big brown "aging" spots. Dr. Jason explained that they're sundamage spots, described fully what the treatment (Fraxel Duo laser) would involve, how effective it would be, and the cost. He illustrated the treatment using before & after photos of clients who'd had the same treatment, so I knew exactly what to expect. I felt confident with his approach and his enthusiastic enjoyment of what he does. I've since had 2 Fraxel Duo treatments, and recently an IPL and MedLite treatment. All went exactly as described and the results are fantastic. Unfortunately, his waiting list for *medical* referrals is months long (my husband was going to book with him), and about a month's wait for *cosmetic* appointments. Worth waiting! His staff is very professional too. I have complete trust in all of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

I have been to Pacific Dermaesthetics for chemical peels with Candance Gellizeau. I have to say my entire experience has been amazing and first class. I had my first session of tattoo removal and lasering of broken blood vessels with Dr. Rivers. Jason was great at explaining the procedures and making sure I had no discomfort. Very clean facilities and great staff. I was also given a follow up call to check in on me. I would highly recommend Jason Rivers and Pacific Dermaesthetics for anything involving your skin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218223].votes_count ]]