Ratings for Dr. Louis John Saunders

I am very grateful to Dr. Saunders who fit me in to his schedule as a favour to a collegue. He is going to retire by the end of the year and already had a full schedule. I am very impressed with the result of my foot surgery as the doctor's skills are excellent. Thank you so much, Dr. Saunders!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

This team is amazing from the word go, Thank You all

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Saunders after attending the Urgent Care department in the same building. I injured my foot and told him it was my "foot" but he kept looking at my ankle. He told me it was minor, would heal on its own and if it did not heal in a few months go back to see him. It did not heal and on my return he sent me for an MRI. When I attended for my MRI the technician said it was for my "ankle." I corrected the technician but they can only do what they are told to do. I went to Dr. Saunders for my results and, unsurprisingly, he found nothing wrong with my "ankle" but still gave me a prescription for physiotherapy. When I attended with the physiotherapist he found the real injury within a few minutes and was furious that the MRI was of my ankle when the injury was obviously in the metatarsals. Dr. Saunders was nice enough, but did not listen to the description of my injuries at all. I spent a year in unnecessary pain. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Had surgery on both feet, bunions and hammer toes. No regrets. Feet look great and feel much better. I can actually buy shoes again! To bad he's retiring.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Just last week i had my 4th surgery by Dr Saunders and all were well done. Still to this day i honestly believe Dr Saunders is the only reason i recovered from a serious double break of femur was due to his skill as a surgeon. Not only did he have me walking completely normal in 9 months but 2 years later i felt pain in a different area of the same leg which he said may need further surgery because the bone had not fully come together. Instead of taking that route he prescribed an ultrasound machine that my insurance covered and a year later it had grown together. As for people complaining about wait, i thought it was odd that this surgery just done was booked 2 years away. As i had heard alot of surgeons tend to set up surgerys that far away because they usually they are retiring. As i was called for my preop ,i did find out that he is retiring at the end of this year. Best surgeon that has done any of my multiple operations but am sad to hear hes leaving , enjoy your retirement Dr Saunders you deserve it.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Staff: I absolutely adore Dr. Saunder's receptionists. They answer their phones in a timely manor, they are friendly, and they went out of their way to help me when I called for the first time. Dr. Saunders was very nice and listened. He lighten the mood for sure, while juggling 3 patients in the room. I happened to be there while he was teaching a resident and I liked that he didn't just give the answers away, but was a good teacher. He explained all of his actions while I was there( why I had two xray's opposed to just 1, etc) I would recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Had surgery on my left foot. great results. Hoping he will do my right foot before retiring. Skilled and handsome! Nice combo!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr Saunders was incredible and the follow up was great. Very efficient and minimal bruising. Was very happy with him and his staff

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Well who knows maybe he's a great surgeon but he doesnt want to spend a minute listening to the patient and makes his diagnosis in five minutes and based on two lines of a diagnostic report performed elsewhere. Pretty scary . also doesnt change teh sheets on the bed between patients

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I had reconstruction ankle ligament repair. Dr. Saunders was excellent, my ankle feels better then it has in years. Fantastic bedside manner, takes the time to answer all your questions thoroughly. Would highly recommended Dr. Saunders for ortho

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015