Ratings for Dr. Michael Cox

I saw this doctor in emergency, He was suppose to go do a exploratory surgery but somehow prolapsed my uterus. I ended up with a massive infection and ended up being hospitalized and having to get a full hysterectomy at a very young age. DO NOT LET THIS MAN TOUCH YOU

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Cox is the best doctor I have ever had. He goes beyond. His care cannot be matched as far as I am concerned. A wonderful human being. He saved my life and my sons life.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr. Cox was filling in for my doctor when I saw him and I found him to be very helpful. He didn't rush me at all and let me explain my problem and then came up with what I thought was a practical solution. I would definitely be happy to go to him again.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

for some reason, my post got deleted. probably because, i was warning everyone what a terrible dr he is, or was i pray he is not practising anymore. well he almost killed me. and my baby girls then would of had no mommy. this was in 1997. i lost my baby girl because of him. he decided to give me a cervix stitch way to late in my pregnancy. my cervix was opened when he did this . my family dr told me this later. what a dr eh my god ********** nothing like trying to kill his patients. i got so badly infected because of this all patients be aware of this dr , and tell him where to go. before you leave him. just praying he has had the common sense to retire . what a ******** dr he was !!!!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I met Dr. Cox in a stressful situation and he was great. My first baby was delivered by stat c-section safely and without issues. He seemed very experienced and knowledgeable. Came for follow-up visit and came across as really caring.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Very kind doctor who actually took the time to follow up with me after my surgery. Nice to have a doctor who actually cares.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Worst medical care I have ever had to endure. He was ignorant to my past medical history (obvious he had not read my file by his response to my questions) and gave incorrect information regarding test results. I would not let him touch me ever again. I would travel to another city before letting him anywhere near anyone I care about.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I think it's time for this doctor to retire, i got a horrible infection after and later looking at the video of my baby getting delivered he wasn't wearing gloves while giving me an episiotomy.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

We waited a long time to see Dr. Cox, and then he didn't have the results. He did not know about whether the testing we had already done at another doctor's advice would be accurate for twins. He had no idea, so he recommended we not leave and stay in Victoria (which would be a huge decision for us to make, especially given that he was unwilling to find out the information). We since read several medical studies providing us with the information, and we are glad that we did not trust his judgement.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Cox. He delivered my daughter via c-section in February 2014. This was my second c-section. I saw him twice before my section following a referral from my maternity GP. At our first appointment, he recommended we take a wait-and-see approach to see if I could deliver her naturally (as a VBAC). At our second appointment, he recommended we book the section due to my age (I was over 40) and the fact I was overdue. When he pulled our daughter out during the surgery, he found that she was in distress; although I would have liked to attempt a VBAC, I am very grateful for his recommendation to move ahead with the c-section for my daughter's health and well-being. I healed well following the surgery and had no complications. Also, I have more feeling in my abdomen than I did after my first c-section.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015