Ratings for Dr. Anne Maxine Beattie

Doctor is taking care of you "on the fly", staff is very rude, just unbelievable for a professional office. Punctuality is not there - when I was coming to appointments I had to wait for 40-50 min (what is the point of making time then?). Yet, when I was 10 min late, and they had NO patients in the waiting room, mid-day - the staff told me that they will reschedule. And this is after almost 2 years since I did my previous test, partially due to their rescheduling... When I started asking - why couldn't they take me, they have no patients, they asked me to leave, immediately getting very defensive and harassing. I am a professional, I behave politely, and such 1-min turn-around reaction was just shocking... OK, 2 staff members, no patients, after launch - it is reasonable to wonder why don't they take me for a test that is run by the machine. Doctor herself didn't impress me with her approach, very superficial and dismissive, always rushing through visits. Last time she simply skipped the check-up, after I was waiting for this an year... Meanwhile it was already 2 years, so in total my eyes are not checked for 3 years, my vision dropped dramatically, and nobody seems to care in this office... I wish I knew another ophthalmologist... I see positive reviews from elderly patients who were in her care because they don't know what corners did she cut in her services...

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Was extremely pleased with her expertise. She was informative d easy to interact with. Would recommend her without hesitation.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

seems overconfident - I am not sure if it indicates knowledge; she rushes through the appointment and barely reads the results of the test to assume that everything is fine; last time she simply skipped a needed test saying "we'll do it next year" even though my vision worsened very badly this year.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Very knowledgeable and competent however her demeaneor is slightly off-putting as it seems she is forcing herself to be friendly when she is speaking to you. Gets frustrated easily and tends to talk down to you when you do ask a question. Staff in office are extremely friendly and helpful though.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr Beattie is thorough, knowledgeable and explains everything before hand. Very happy to be her patient.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Both Dr. Beattie and her staff are very friendly. I have been a patient for 12 years. Every time I go, they make you feel like family.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr. Beattie and her staff have made an extraordinary effort to help me through my cataract surgeries. My case became very urgent quite quickly and these very competent women made my experience as smooth and easy as possible. Kindness and compassion combined with solid professionalism was displayed by Dr. Beattie and her staff throughout my experience. I could not have asked for anything more than the amazing treatment I have received. I was put at ease within the first 5 minutes, and Dr. Beattie constantly reassured me. I highly recommend this team!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

As a dr I find her extremely competent. Kind and soft spoken as well. Assistants in the office are excellent and patient. I have only two complaints...she is not confident on her computer and gets frustrated and makes mistakes causing her anxiety and also taking up valuable time. You have to be patient and not ask questions while she types. I felt I could not feel my emotions and get to ask the questions I wanted because she was too busy dealing with her own stress. She even cursed a few times. Not very professional. Constantly defending herself and saying just wait and I will get to your questions.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I had both cataracts removed one year ago. Each eye done one month apart. She is wonderful! Once the pre-ops and post-ops were over I felt sad that I would no longer have the opportunity to see this person who is filled with integrity, warmth, professionalism, caring, reassuring, confident, welcoming. Her office team and St. Joe's hospital team also share the same qualities. One could not ask for better care.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

The Best in Hamilton. you are fortunate if you found her, and this is not a rigged comment. She removed both cataracts from me, and did many tests before hand to determine the health of my eyes. She and staff at the eye clinic were very kind. She implanted lenses and I now have better vision than for years.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013