Ratings for Dr. Noah Massa

Granddaughter age 8, saw him for swollen lymph node in cheek. He was rude and aloof and actually cruel when he rammed a probe up her nose without telling her. Sent her off stating it has nothing to do with me. She had been referred by a very good paediatrician who thought otherwise. Everyone upset after the visit. I have previously had a visit for hearing loss and never went back as I felt he was rude and incompetent. You are in the wrong profession. You can sing well enough, why did you become a Dr.? My granddaughter has been in musicals with you. How do you think she will feel the next time she sees you? As for me, you should get out of the profession and next time I see you sing I'm leaving! Get a life!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I had surgery done with Dr. Massa 8 years ago. After my sinus surgery, I asked him what exactly was done - as in the procedure. I work in health care and wanted to understand so I know what's going on. Word for word he said "do you have a hearing problem? We can check your ears in the next room?" I was so confused.. He went on to say that he has already told me what he did. Later on he said he had a bad weekend, and was on call even though he wasn't supposed to be etc.. How that was my fault, I don't know. All the surgeons met their patients before hand on the day of surgery. Dr. Massa saw me right before I went under, no time for questions or anything. At the follow up he also said "im not too happy with how I tilted your septum too much to the left, you will still have left sinus problems". My sinus surgery did not give me much relief, and I've had multiple left ear problems which lead me back to my doc, I refused to see Dr. Massa ever again. Yesterday I got surgery from Dr. Povah in kelowna, he's the best. He himself said that my left sinus was not done well, I told him what my experience with Dr. Massa was, he was respectable and just said "let's put it this way, there was lots of room for Improvement on the left, but I also fixed both sides". All I can say is please don't go to Dr. Massa .. I got in with Dr. Povah pretty fast and surgery within 3 months after seeing him. He is very well experienced. I have never been so upset with a doctor and I have never ever wrote a review about anyone other than Massa -Because he is that bad and his comments unforgettable.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

We are new to Vernon and were given a referral to Dr.Massa when we arrived. I was concerned after reading some of the comments. My son is 9yrs old , and was treated so kindly by Dr.Massa. I found him very professional and knowledgeable , and my son enjoyed both appointments. I am happy to wait for a Dr like this, and then not feel rushed when it is my turn. So glad he is here!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

He's no member of the Plastics Posse - that's for sure!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

My Granddaughter had half a dozen appointments with Dr Massa and he performed surgery on her for tubes. I didn't find Dr Massa to be rude or inattentive, but instead, the man is focused on what he's doing, paying attention to detail and that's probably why he's so damn good at what he does, plus his explanations were always straight forward throughout . He was great with my nervous Granddaughter and on the last visit, when he was about to do a procedure in her ear with a very sharp looking object, she asked if it was going to hurt. He stopped, looked her in the eye and said, "Maybe, but just for a second". She was OK with that and I admired the way he respected her . We're from out of town and his staff was always great about arranging or rearranging our appointments. Sometimes we got in quickly and other times we waited for awhile, but damn, he's a specialist and it's pretty obvious our current health system has put Specialists under a tremendous amount of pressure, so suck it up and bring a book.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I had a referral to Dr. Massa and had gotten 2 different calls to change the appointment. He sounds like a complete douche and if I get another call with a changed appointment, I will find a different doctor. I will not put up with this

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

It has been a few years, posisible 3 since I had sinus surgery from Dr Massa. I must admit, when I would go to my appointments, I was in fear each time. Why I gave him so many stars is for the amazing surgery. When I woke from the operation, it was the first time in YEARS that I didn't have a headache. Behind my eyes felt clear. You can't put a price on "pain free". He did what he said he would do and it's time I thanked him for that.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Massa appears to know what he is talking about. How would I ever know. What id o know is that every time I go for my son's appointment I sit and wait for at least a half hour. Obviously, he does not respect my time. I wonder what would happen if he came to my office and I made him wait that long? Time management skills training required. I went to walk out last appointment and was interrupted by staff. Dr. then suddenly came flying out of the room and made some rude comment to the effect that I should expect to wait a bit. No thanks. I'll drive to Kelowna. Takes more time but at least I won't have to put up with this joker.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Absolutely no bedside manner. Horrible with children. Staff is no better. Late for every single appointment. I walked out on my sons second appointment.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I have seen Dr. Massa a few times due to ear infections and such. I have always found him aloof and short with me and I agree with the other reviewer who mentioned that he has a problem with people who are overweight. After 2 years of insisting there was something else wrong, and that I wasn't just out of shape, I got a referal for a diffrent doctor who discovered a tumor growing inside my ear. Realy!?

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014