Ratings for Dr. Noah Massa

I originally saw Dr Massa about 4 years ago for a cyst removal. I found him a bit abrupt during the consultation, but he was very nice and professional during the actual surgery. I had to see him again recently for another procedure. He was professional and pleasant to deal with during the consultation as well as during the procedure itself. He's not overly chatty and usually pressed for time (like all doctors, it seems), so I can see why some people would be turned off by him. I have never felt like he was rushing me out of his office and he's always taken the time when I've had additional questions. He often runs a little late, however with the shortage of doctors and specialists in Vernon, I'm not surprised. His staff has always let me know to allow 1 hour for my appointments, just in case, and I've always been finished within that time frame.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr.Massa was extremely errogant. Terrible people skills, no bedside manner whatsoever.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I found Dr. Massa to be professional and knowledge and answered any questions I had and very thorough about explaining my upcoming surgery for partial thyroid removal. I'm very surprised by some of these reviews that I looked up before my surgery as I have had an excellent experience with him so far.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Dr Massa was completely arrogant with very little bedside manor. He treated me horribly and left me defeated when leaving his office. Complete Jackass!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I was so worried with the reviews but went in being really respectful. Doctor's are always a little late but it was only like ten or fifteen min's. He was nice, professional and answered my questions. The comment about ramming a probe up her nose?? He put a camera down mine into my throat with very little warning probably because people probably freak out a bit. He just said I'm going to put this in your nose and did it fast and kept me calm during it. It was a bit uncomfortable but nothing to be afraid of. I feel like this was good bedside manner doing it fast with little warning to keep you calm. Just felt I should leave a good review because people only take the time to write if they are mad. Staff was nice. He was nice. Did his job.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

The man is rude. His office is never on time. I have been to several appointments and the shortest waiting time was 20 minutes. Longest was almost an hour. Never once did I get an apology even tho It made me late for work. How can he be running late when I was the first appt of the day??? Aside from that the man is aloof and doesnt explain things in a clear manner. The surgery was a failure and my nose is probably as bad if not worse. I will be seeking a different specialist for follow up.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Granddaughter age 8, saw him for swollen lymph node in cheek. He was rude and aloof and actually cruel when he rammed a probe up her nose without telling her. Sent her off stating it has nothing to do with me. She had been referred by a very good paediatrician who thought otherwise. Everyone upset after the visit. I have previously had a visit for hearing loss and never went back as I felt he was rude and incompetent. You are in the wrong profession. You can sing well enough, why did you become a Dr.? My granddaughter has been in musicals with you. How do you think she will feel the next time she sees you? As for me, you should get out of the profession and next time I see you sing I'm leaving! Get a life!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I had surgery done with Dr. Massa 8 years ago. After my sinus surgery, I asked him what exactly was done - as in the procedure. I work in health care and wanted to understand so I know what's going on. Word for word he said "do you have a hearing problem? We can check your ears in the next room?" I was so confused.. He went on to say that he has already told me what he did. Later on he said he had a bad weekend, and was on call even though he wasn't supposed to be etc.. How that was my fault, I don't know. All the surgeons met their patients before hand on the day of surgery. Dr. Massa saw me right before I went under, no time for questions or anything. At the follow up he also said "im not too happy with how I tilted your septum too much to the left, you will still have left sinus problems". My sinus surgery did not give me much relief, and I've had multiple left ear problems which lead me back to my doc, I refused to see Dr. Massa ever again. Yesterday I got surgery from Dr. Povah in kelowna, he's the best. He himself said that my left sinus was not done well, I told him what my experience with Dr. Massa was, he was respectable and just said "let's put it this way, there was lots of room for Improvement on the left, but I also fixed both sides". All I can say is please don't go to Dr. Massa .. I got in with Dr. Povah pretty fast and surgery within 3 months after seeing him. He is very well experienced. I have never been so upset with a doctor and I have never ever wrote a review about anyone other than Massa -Because he is that bad and his comments unforgettable.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

We are new to Vernon and were given a referral to Dr.Massa when we arrived. I was concerned after reading some of the comments. My son is 9yrs old , and was treated so kindly by Dr.Massa. I found him very professional and knowledgeable , and my son enjoyed both appointments. I am happy to wait for a Dr like this, and then not feel rushed when it is my turn. So glad he is here!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

He's no member of the Plastics Posse - that's for sure!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015