Ratings for Dr. Noah Massa

I too was surprised by some of the comments below. I was referred to Dr Massa with a large squamous cell on my scalp. I found him to be a very precise doctor with a 'no nonsense' manner that I appreciate. He arranged a surgery date asap and the was very attentive at the hospital prior to surgery. I must say that all the staff at Vernon hospital are just wonderful. I awoke with 40 staples in my head but no pain. Dr Massa had told me that the incision would be substantial to allow for the 'reverse flap' procedure. During the healing period I had virtually no pain and after the staples were removed I found that the scaring was barely noticeable. My wife says that Dr Massa is not only a great Doctor, but an artist at his chosen profession also. If you are referred to this doctor, don't worry, your are in good hands!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I'm very surprised to read all the negative comments about Dr Massa. He performed my tonsillectomy a few years ago and I had no issues with him whatsoever. From the age of 7 I constantly had tonsillitis and missed countless days of school, and into my adult years I was missing far too many days of work due to acute tonsillitis. After years of other surgeons telling me I didn't need a tonsillectomy, Dr Massa took my concerns seriously and referred me for the surgery after my first meeting with him. Such a relief! My life is so much better now without the constant sore throats and sick-days in bed feeling like I have razors in my throat. I found him knowledgeable and polite. Not prompt with his time, but then I've never known a prompt doctor in Vernon. He explained in detail how to look after myself after the surgery, and had me back 2 weeks later for a check up.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

To the persons comment below. Having a chronic illness or any medical matter makes you lose money instead of gain, makes you lose time with family, lose jobs, in pain daily(and in the middle of the night) and most are ridiculed at hospitals 8/10 times. Growing up has nothing to do with being sick and needing professional help. Tired or not they chose to be doctors, patients don't choose to be sick. People do have sympathy and respect for doctors, but there is a time and place for everything and ones health comes first.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I know this Dr. very well,what I would like to tell these people with such negative reviews is grow up and get used to the longer and longer waiting times these Dr's are precious and work very hard long hours @ great family sacrifice to save lives in a lot of cases,I have been a patient of my family Dr. for 34+ years and I have waited as long as 2 + hours with an appt. just to get a medication it is not his fault he is a good Dr. I also have other friends who are Dr's and they are all overworked, most often then not they have to get up @ any time night or day to go and save someone 's life like yours,so stop your ignorance and blame the government that you most likely voted for because judging by your comments tells the whole world the the quality and intelligence level of yourself.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Very cut and dry. Manners are terrible. He couldn't even call me by my proper name. Strike one from the get go. Comments were as though he had no care at all. Since when does a Dr. make comments such as " Oh well an Whatever"? I can ramble on more negativity but won't waist much more time on this... I think you get the picture. I will not return to this Dr. I will get better results elsewhere. Nuff said.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Nothing good to say about this doctor or his staff. Punctuality apparently isn't important at all...he was at 45 minutes behind even at 9:45 AM. He kept even waiting for no apparent reason while he chatted with his receptionist for several minutes....several times. (We could hear them and the conversation could certainly have waited until lunch or, at least, until they had caught up!) I noted that they had a sign posted regarding a $75 fee for missed appointments...I was tempted to ask how much we would receive for waiting for him. After all was said and done my Mom saw him for less than 5 minutes but spent more than an hour there. (Silly us, we were early out of respect for the Doctor's valuable time!) My family will NOT be seeing him again! Truthfully, my rating is generous... I would have given ZERO stars across the board. Another patient told me about this rating website...

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I originally saw Dr Massa about 4 years ago for a cyst removal. I found him a bit abrupt during the consultation, but he was very nice and professional during the actual surgery. I had to see him again recently for another procedure. He was professional and pleasant to deal with during the consultation as well as during the procedure itself. He's not overly chatty and usually pressed for time (like all doctors, it seems), so I can see why some people would be turned off by him. I have never felt like he was rushing me out of his office and he's always taken the time when I've had additional questions. He often runs a little late, however with the shortage of doctors and specialists in Vernon, I'm not surprised. His staff has always let me know to allow 1 hour for my appointments, just in case, and I've always been finished within that time frame.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr.Massa was extremely errogant. Terrible people skills, no bedside manner whatsoever.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I found Dr. Massa to be professional and knowledge and answered any questions I had and very thorough about explaining my upcoming surgery for partial thyroid removal. I'm very surprised by some of these reviews that I looked up before my surgery as I have had an excellent experience with him so far.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Dr Massa was completely arrogant with very little bedside manor. He treated me horribly and left me defeated when leaving his office. Complete Jackass!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016