Dr. Adrian Richard Mainwaring Upton

Ratings for Dr. Adrian Richard Mainwaring Upton

I wish I didn’t see him! He went against all my other reports....

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

I find Dr. Upton to be efficient and knowledgeable. He has helped me with my epilepsy for 27 years. I’m dreading the day when I need to get a new doctor when he retires.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

While in the waiting room, I heard him call other doctors incompetent 6 times. My first appointment I thought he was pompous, and was a horrible man to interact with. My GP sent me to him to get a specialists opinion, a second diagnosis. He told me verbally he thought I had cerebral palsy several times, he didn't state the same in the note to my GP. I went for a second appointment to remedy this. During my second appointment, it's like he didn't remember my first. He got several things about me all wrong. His reasoning for not giving a proper diagnosis to my GP, was avoiding another label being put on me. A can't see why you'd want to see a specialist for any reason but a diagnosis. This man is horrible, both as a Dr, and a person.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Don’t waste your time or ruin your insurance case with doctor, he’s one sided as many others haves stated...

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Best specialist ever. Proud to say I'm seizure free thanks to Dr Upton.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

If you are involved with an insurance claim for personal injury that involves this doctor evaluating your claim on behalf of an insurance company, you are strongly encouraged to read the article published in the Canadian Globe and Mail newspaper on December 2, 2017.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I found him to be quite negative and rude, according to him all the doctors that are treating me don't know what they're talking about and all my medications I'm on are wrong for my type of head injury, go figure I was sent to see him by my insurer...

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Wow, I can't believe some of these ratings for this amazing doctor!! Yes, he can come across over confident sometimes, but that is because he knows more than other doctors in his area of migraines due or he will keep sending you forward and keep at it to try to get the answers. I was at another hospital many years ago and had a different type of migraine. They could not explain it. They called the neurologist from Burlington who only knew it was a migraine, but not what kind. Later that week I got into see him and sure enough I asked how he knew what kind it was and he joked and said it was because he "knows migraines" and of course because it displayed the following symptoms. He then listed them off. I then asked him to print it out and he did. He was correct. I still could not understand how the Burlington hospital could not identify it or their neurologist and I had to wait for him to tell me. Burlington had first thought I was having a stroke it was so bad. Dr. Upton has treated me for at least 12 years now and though it is long to wait for his appointments it is worth the wait. I suggest others be patient and you will find the results eventually work to your advantage. His knowledge and his care is there if you take the time.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I just went to google Dr. Upton's number to book my next appt and this review site popped up. I was expecting to see glowing reviews given my great experiences. I first went to Dr Upton in 2001 for tonic clinic seizures that started unexpectedly at age 21. I saw 2 neurologists prior to Dr Upton. Both put me on medication which failed to control my seizures. I was in university and desperate for a solution. My dad heard about Dr Upton's exceptional reputation and we waited 7 months for an appt. The day of my appt he put me on a combination of 3 AEMs and a schedule to withdrawal from the drug I was on at the time. From that day forward I was 100% seizure-free for 5 years. I had a couple seizures after that due to lifestyle, but I have been 100% for the past 8 yrs. He is always caring when I go in, and shares stories about his daughters who are my age. I've never felt rushed and if anything, am impressed by how much time he spends and how willing he is to answer questions. Due to travelling a lot and having to carry medication with me, he wrote a letter explaining which medications I was taking so that Inwouldnt always get stopped at customs. Often I forget that I have epilepsy because they are so controlled and I have Dr Upton to thank for that.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

He gave me a verbal diagnosis, but wouldn't give it in writing. I cannot for the life of me figure out how this incompetent quack is considered a specialist!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017