Dr. Adrian Richard Mainwaring Upton

Ratings for Dr. Adrian Richard Mainwaring Upton

I found him to be quite negative and rude, according to him all the doctors that are treating me don't know what they're talking about and all my medications I'm on are wrong for my type of head injury, go figure I was sent to see him by my insurer...

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Wow, I can't believe some of these ratings for this amazing doctor!! Yes, he can come across over confident sometimes, but that is because he knows more than other doctors in his area of migraines due or he will keep sending you forward and keep at it to try to get the answers. I was at another hospital many years ago and had a different type of migraine. They could not explain it. They called the neurologist from Burlington who only knew it was a migraine, but not what kind. Later that week I got into see him and sure enough I asked how he knew what kind it was and he joked and said it was because he "knows migraines" and of course because it displayed the following symptoms. He then listed them off. I then asked him to print it out and he did. He was correct. I still could not understand how the Burlington hospital could not identify it or their neurologist and I had to wait for him to tell me. Burlington had first thought I was having a stroke it was so bad. Dr. Upton has treated me for at least 12 years now and though it is long to wait for his appointments it is worth the wait. I suggest others be patient and you will find the results eventually work to your advantage. His knowledge and his care is there if you take the time.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I just went to google Dr. Upton's number to book my next appt and this review site popped up. I was expecting to see glowing reviews given my great experiences. I first went to Dr Upton in 2001 for tonic clinic seizures that started unexpectedly at age 21. I saw 2 neurologists prior to Dr Upton. Both put me on medication which failed to control my seizures. I was in university and desperate for a solution. My dad heard about Dr Upton's exceptional reputation and we waited 7 months for an appt. The day of my appt he put me on a combination of 3 AEMs and a schedule to withdrawal from the drug I was on at the time. From that day forward I was 100% seizure-free for 5 years. I had a couple seizures after that due to lifestyle, but I have been 100% for the past 8 yrs. He is always caring when I go in, and shares stories about his daughters who are my age. I've never felt rushed and if anything, am impressed by how much time he spends and how willing he is to answer questions. Due to travelling a lot and having to carry medication with me, he wrote a letter explaining which medications I was taking so that Inwouldnt always get stopped at customs. Often I forget that I have epilepsy because they are so controlled and I have Dr Upton to thank for that.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

He gave me a verbal diagnosis, but wouldn't give it in writing. I cannot for the life of me figure out how this incompetent quack is considered a specialist!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Like so many people before, I have experienced the same things. He wrote a false report, claimed no other doctor knows what they're talking about, talked at me and would not even address any of my concerns. The list is endless. He is extremely rude and unprofessional and should not be practicing medicine at all!! Always spins it to make himself look like the best person and puts the patient down and is so egotistical. Always going on about his awards but refuses to help the patient. His student was of more help but even they looked in fear of him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

He seemed like a very rude and unprofessional person, he told me all my treating doctors didn't know what they were talking about....

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Patient beware, if you've been sent to see this doctor by your insurer, get ready for false reports, he is agenst you before you even walk through the door.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Upton for many years due to myMS. I find him to be very rude and arrogant. I feel the students care more about me than he does . He gives me the feeling he doesn't care if I have a quality of life. He doesn't want to give any meds for my pain. I need a new neurologist fast.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I can't believe the lies this doctor wrote in my report, I wonder what the big insurance company paying him...

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I'm completely outraged with this mans report. It's quite obvious he's being bought out by the big insurance companies to write reports in there favour and ruin victims of car accidents cases. It's crazy how the insurance company's find these doctors that can sell them selfs out for $$, my mom saw him for just under an hour and this dude thinks he knows everything about her now and is trying to ruin her case so she ends up getting nothing, my mother was involved in a serious car accident and her life is literally a living night mere and can no longer return to work, so this guy sees her for 48 mins and try's his hardest so she doesn't get any income or accident benefits from her insurance company even though she didn't ask for any of this to happen to her.... Every other Doctor seems to think she's disabled and also suffers from PTSD, but it's ok for this so called Doctor to lie and try to ruin her case and (life) in one visit. What a bad person this man is, I guess the way he sees it, "oh well I have a couple years left before I retire why not try to make some extra money from the insurance company's. What a shame.

Submitted April 3, 2016