Ratings for Dr. Gabriel Maxim Ronen

Dr.Ronen is a very skilled neurologist and he has been doing this for a long time. People need to understand that Dr.Ronen is very traditional in his practice. Dr.Ronen may seem distant but when it comes to getting things done, he is excellent. Dr. Ronen will listen to your concerns but he won't take any bull****. Dr.Ronen does not like to change things when they are going well, and is a firm believer in consistency on medication. I was a patient of dr.Ronen's for 15 years and I had the best relationship with him than any other doctor. It takes a lot to connect with him and a lot to understand him but I can guarantee if you stick with Dr.Ronen he is extremely good at his job.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Though I read reviews I have never felt strongly enough to leave one before. My family had a horrible experience with this doctor. His bedside manner was the worst I have ever seen. He came off as rude, aloof, cold, distant, arrogant and insensitive. He should not be allowed to work with children. My child was terrified of him. If you have a child who is sensitive or anxious DO NOT see him. Switch to a different doctor - you have that right.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

No bedside manor AT ALL.. Very rude and waited for an hour and a half for him to see him for 5 min. Not helpful

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I will sum him up in one sentence. We call him our Angle Gabriel.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Our family has used Dr Ronen for 12 years now, yes there has been times I want to ring his neck but he is the best there is for Epilepsy. Sometimes he speaks frankly and abruptly but his words are true. You need to listen to what he is saying, Epilepsy is not black and white there are tons of gray areas Dr. Ronen knows that sometimes there are no answers. He will never tell you anything that isn't true. If you want the best in Epilepsy for your child, this is your doctor. I'll leave the sugar coating or some one else.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

He is a very smart man. Up to date on medications and knows what is best for each person's individual needs. His staff(Laurie ann ) can be of great help with scheduling appts and EEGs. Persciptions are easliy called in and refilled when needed. Dr Ronen appears to be able to show more respect and talk easier to males ( dad's) than females. A very knowledgable Neuroligist

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

I cannot say enough good things about this doctor. He cared for me from the age of 10 until I was 22 (I was the oldest in his clinic). I cried when I had to be sent to and "adult" Neurologist. He took the time to explain every detail about what was going on with my illness and included my family in all of my visits so that they could be involved in my care as well. He is a very soft-spoken, gentle and EXTREMELY intelligent man. He knows all about the most up-to-date meds and research and will get you into trying new drugs before they even hit the market. This man changed my life!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Wow true what I read here, my daughter, saw him back in the early 90's for seizures thank God she out grew them but yes I too found him quick and arrogant as well, did not try to explain anything in any real terms treat you like your stupid!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

told us that our son would not amount to anything and have to be put in a home.. Our son is now 6 and doing very well... just your average kid...

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

I have to agree with all of the comments. I know that he is thought of highly by his neuology colleauges but his interactions with my family, and my friend's family are aweful. He is condescending, does not like questions, avoids clear explainations, never says "I don't know" or "unfortunately we don't know how to control your child's kind of seizures, but here is what we will do..." We really do feel as though we are wasting everyone's time, especially our own. He keeps us waiting for hours, and that is very difficult with a child who also has ADHD. I find it easier to get what we need through talking with his nurses, who are well trained in what he does, what he likes to prescribe, and how he behaves. I doubt that they get to challenge any ideas that he puts forward. We're always pullng teeth with him.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2007