Ratings for Dr. Michel Piers Rathbone

Entitled and pretentious. Blatantly undermined the lived experience of post-concussion syndrome. Not embracing emotional intelligence in approach to patients.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I have seen Dr. Rathbone twice with post-concussive syndrome. It took a few months to get in to see him. The first time I saw him he was running behind but he listened to what I had to say, ordered tests and medication (which I did not want to take due to long list of scary side effects). A few months later I had the worst headache/intracranial pressure I have ever experienced before and it was unbearable. I called their office and the receptionist refused to book me an appointment because I still had one test pending (4 months away!) and I wasn't supposed to be seen until then. When I finally saw him over a year later from my first visit, he was running 2.5 hours behind (to be fair there was an urgent case that took some time and set his schedule back). No one called to tell me this and it was very difficult to wait that long with the symptoms I was having. When I finally got in to see him, he didn't ask any questions and basically dictated the results of the tests that were ordered. I could tell he was tired and just trying to catch up. Dr. Rathbone said I could now be discharged from his care, even though I was still having chronic headaches, migraines, nerve damage, and the list goes on. Dr. Rathbone is a nice man but I found very little help from him. I would suggest going to see someone who takes the appropriate time and unfortunately, he is just too busy.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

A complete waste of my time. Will only help you if it's as easy as prescribing a medication, and won't run tests or look further into what the problem may be. The staff asks somewhat personal questions and leaves the door wide open for all to hear. I didn't realize it till I was sitting in the waiting room and I could hear every question asked, as well as the patients response. I would recommend looking elsewhere if you want a neurologist who is actually willing to solve your issue.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

My wife met with Dr Rathbone today. It has been a long stressful struggle as her undiagnosed illness cripples her. Dr. Rathbone was pleasant while he and his team spent considerable time with us. From the office secretary who helped my wife into their office, to the helpful Intern and Resident the meeting gave us the feeling that the all care. I know we have a long way to go and a great deal of worry, but We feel confident that my wife is in good hands. A great deal of thanks to Dr. Monica Di Benedetti for (Family Physician) for never giving up.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

My visit was friendly atmosphere made me feel a sense of comfort knowing that I was good hands my ex

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

This specialist is highly qualified within his field of practice and therefore has a depth and breadth of knowledge that vastly surpasses the majority of those within the Neurology field. He wastes little time in focusing on the medical issues at hand, which is NOT to say that he is NOT approachable, but rather (in my opinion only) he would prefer to have his attention focus on accuracy, integrity; attention to detail in testing, diagnosing and offering patient specific plans for returning to optimal health levels- be that through surgery, pharmaceutical therapy, rehabilitation, etc. or and combination of appropriate care. He is a highly intelligent, extremely competent, professional and caring physician. His staff are very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and approachable. All in all, I would be VERY comfortable (and accurate) in making the claim that he is preeminent within his field- and I, for one, count myself INCREDIBLY fortunate to have him as my Neurologist! You WON'T be dissatisfied to have this Neurologist on your healthcare team- REGARDLESS of any time waiting for your initial consultation. An appointment with Dr. Rathbone and his staff is WELL WORTH the wait.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr Rathbone has been a great source of knowledge for me after seeing him for my first post-concussion syndrome visit last month. His team is very thorough in their assessment and it is obvious that he knows what he is talking about and has loads of experience in this area. He gave me an idea what may be happening and is doing appropriate testing. His job is not to make friends with patients, but to be informative and help w/treatment planning. He is excellent at his job.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Very knowledgeable doctor, he's caring and understanding, he's smart and understands his medications and actually tries to make you feel better and get you the help you need, I feel very comfortable going there and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I have post concussion syndrome and have met with Dr. Rathbone twice. I have had a positive experience both times. The key is to come prepared with any questions you may have as with any doctor, they are busy. I had specific questions prepared and this helped me walk away feeling like my questions were answered. He does have a sense of humour and I personally found this refreshing. He was also the only professional I have met so far which gave me an estimated timeline. That estimate helped get me through this whole post concussion experience as I have had future dates to look forward to and so far he has been pretty accurate. Other doctors or physiotherapists have refused to give me an estimate which is so frustrating given that it is your life that you just want to have return back to normal again. He is clearly very intelligent and was punctual both times I met with him. He has scheduled another follow up with me in September and I am thankful that I have him monitoring my care.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Intelligent Neurologist but lacks any bedside manner. Abrupt and condescending!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016