Ratings for Dr. Tom Gerstner

Dr tom was very helpful and listened to me when most Drs wouldn't. I had to go to 2 Dr who looked at me like i was an overreacting mom my son has an aphylactic allergy but they didnt care to send me to confim with an allergist dispite having had severe reaction and being rushed to ER. Had to go to nurse practitioner to finally get a referal and I'm happy I did as she sent us to DR Tom. He was wonderful, didn't rush and listened to everything I had to say and was concerned about. Very happy with him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr Gerstner was professional and kind. As a nurse and mother I would highly recommend him. My child's condition has improved greatly since being treated my Dr. Gerstner.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have no clue why it is so difficult to get the front desk to answer their phones and why they have such select office hours when there is a demand for allergists Manitoba-wide. Other than that the allergist is very good at taking care of my son, it just bothers me we have to travel 8 hours from the North to see the allergist. It is quite inconvenient and a feat as well financially.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

My son (A) has been so much better since we've started seeing dr Tom. He's very patient w A, ever since he was 1yr old. And has been very helpful answering all our questions. I highly recommend him! I am picky w drs. :)

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I took my daughter to see Dr Gerstner recently and was very pleased with his bed dude manner. He took time explain the possible reason for my daughters hives and did some scratch tests. He advised to call if I have any concerns at all. He was not arrogant and did not talk down to me at all. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

My daughter, 22, hadn't been to see him in years but when I went in with my daughter, who has no problem with me being in the examining room with her,he made a point of indicating that he has other patients coming in alone at 14 basically telling me I had no business being in the room. When my daughter explained her condition, he appeared confused and red faced (angry). My daughter explained it very clearly. He treated my daughter like a child. Dr. Gerstner also gets red faced when he is in the middle of describing and someone interjects. Dr. Gerstner is extremely arrogant. He seems intimidated by a parent and made it well known.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Very helpful and thorough! Spends the time with you to discover what is causing your problem and has solutions for each one. Easy to talk to and very willing to help. Good doctor!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

VERY KNOLEGABLE AND HELPFULL. WAITED 45 MIN IN OFFICE BUT WELL WORTH THE WAIT.MY DAUGHTER AND I FELT COMFORTABLE AND IN GOOD HANDS

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

We were very disappointed with Dr. Gerstner. We first saw him three years ago when my son's allergy symptoms first popped up; he did *one* scratch test, told us to treat with Benadryll, and considered the matter closed. Benadryll soon proved completely ineffective as my son's symptoms grew steadily worse over the course of the next two years. We were again referred to Dr. Gerstner, who repeated the *exact same* scratch test and then diagnosed him with an "idiopathic" condition and prescribed medication which did not control them. My son suffered daily hives for three years all because of a simple allergy that could've been diagnosed with proper testing. Arrogance and condescension have no place in the doctor's office!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

great personality, listens and helps you understand. has achieved good control of my asthma

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011