Ratings for Dr. Manisha Witmans

We owe our sons life to Dr Witmans. While you may spend some time waiting, it's worth it. She is caring and knowledgeable and if she doesn't know the answer she finds it out. She isn't afraid to order any tests or medication or alternative methods to help get to the root problem. You will not find a better doc who gives her all.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. Witmans went Over and above my expectations. She educatated rather then just prescribing and getting me out the door. She really took her time.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr Witmans spent a great deal of time educating my husband and I; as a health care practitioner I am very confident in her care for our son.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

The wait to see Dr. Witmans was worth it. She is incredibly knowledgable, yet very approachable. She covered a great deal of detail in a short time. I am so appreciative of her, and her understanding of the struggles we have faced with my child's wellbeing.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Excellent personality, very knowledgable and truly cares about her patients

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

We travel 10 hours from Prince George to see Dr. Whit mans. After 10 years and 30 visits to BC children's. Also 10 hours away. She is like a breath of fresh air! She understood that all of the symptoms and problems both of my sons experience are interconnected and explained with her famous Venn diagrams why the treatments previously didn't work! I too wondered how she knew the answers to my sons questions when I did not? But I only have 2 sick kids, she has seen thousands and I dare say that given time and observation she has been correct without exception! Expect a different approach with this doctor, she is unique and bursting with information to share.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

She was great. She has a lot of information to share, and she is straight to the point.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

If you want a doctor who listens, do not go here. My child has bad asthma and we have been hospitalized 3 times now. We have been to Whitman's the entire time until now. Each visit she never looked over our son at all. She always interrupts when you are trying to speak. She talks a lot about her theories but never gave us a good plan to follow nor did she answer any of our questions. She would talk over us, say to keep giving the medication she prescribed and would quickly leave the room. So, we would give our child the medication like she said and we would wind up back at the Stollery a few months later. On his second hospital visit we went to see Whitmans and she was no unconcerned that she didn't even know that he was in hospital. She said (Im sure you can guess) Just keep giving him the same stuff. Then complained about how my wifes purfume is making her sick (my wife wasn't wearing any). Nothing about our son. That was it. We were done. Went to another specialist and he is awesome. Took our sons condition seriously, read his background, got us on different meds, gave us a plan we can follow and understand. Whitmans will talk over you, doesn't listen, doesn't really care, and wants you out quick. Terrible. If your child has really bad asthma go somewhere else. Cannot recommend her at all.

Submitted May 4, 2016

To start I recieved 5 automated voice messages stating my appointment time and that the Dr was very busy on the day of our appointment for our little boys. On the morning of the appointment we recieved another message on a different phone saying that the appointment had been moved ahead 30 min. When we arrived at the office the front staff said that they had no knowledge of the time change and that we would be in the room soon. We waited 60 min in the front room before being moved to an examination office where we waited for another 60 min before finally leaving after being delayed 2 hours past our scheduled time. Politely told the front staff that we could no longer wait and that I would like the Dr to please phone me when she was free. Still waiting to hear from Dr Witmans. I have found the whole experience of dealing with Dr Witmans office to be highly unprofessional and disappointing. I hope they can correct this behavior and improve their service

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

She listened to our concerns and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016