Ratings for Dr. Manisha Witmans

To start I recieved 5 automated voice messages stating my appointment time and that the Dr was very busy on the day of our appointment for our little boys. On the morning of the appointment we recieved another message on a different phone saying that the appointment had been moved ahead 30 min. When we arrived at the office the front staff said that they had no knowledge of the time change and that we would be in the room soon. We waited 60 min in the front room before being moved to an examination office where we waited for another 60 min before finally leaving after being delayed 2 hours past our scheduled time. Politely told the front staff that we could no longer wait and that I would like the Dr to please phone me when she was free. Still waiting to hear from Dr Witmans. I have found the whole experience of dealing with Dr Witmans office to be highly unprofessional and disappointing. I hope they can correct this behavior and improve their service

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

She listened to our concerns and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

After a few frustrating visits with our GP and Pediatrician, where they were very dismissive of the issues my daughter was facing. We were referred to Dr. Witmans- finally a doctor who was interested in hearing how she was feeling and listened to what we had to say. It was a very long appointment and a very thorough exam, I didn't feel rushed or that we were wasting her time. I wish more doctors took the time that she did with her patients.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Although very busy, the wait was worth it. Dr Witmans took her time to review and piece together all of our daughters complex issues to help make sense of an issue every other physician dismissed or could not see...she did not talk down to us and made us feel like someone actually believed what we saw happening to our precious little one. We highly recommend Dr. Witmans...she is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr Witman was two hours behind her appointment time. She was condescending, rude and gave the most ridiculous advise I've ever heard. She kept telling my son the symptoms he had and even though he was telling her that he didn't have those symptoms she kept talking over him. She drew me the most ridiculous Venn diagram telling me all his symptoms were interconnected. As if I just found this kid in the back alley and know nothing about him. I would never recommended her to anyone! She was so busy talking and didn't take a second to listen. She was so self assured that she knew everything about him. It was an absolutely colossal waste of time!

Submitted June 2, 2015

My daughter was the last appointment of the day and only having a first consult. A full testing for asthmas was completed and a very thorough examination for her as a whole person not just her sleeping issues. I feel that is the Dr. that we have been searching for to help her with her daily chronic migraine headaches and sleep problems. Looking forward to the next appointment.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

We met Dr. Witman's last week. We are from Saskatoon SK and travelled a long way to see her. She is simply amazing, caring and ready to help my 13 year old daughter. She has been sick since birth with chronic lung problems, Dr. Witman's understood so much of what my daughter was feeling and she is ready to finally get to the bottom of it. It was so nice to meet a doctor that could really hear and see the troubles my girl has been dealing with. She is full of energy and even drew diagrams to help us understand better. We are so looking forward to seeing Dr. Witmans and her staff in a few months.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr Witmans is the best and smartes doctor who we met in Canada

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

My grandson is 4 with a complex set of issues that includes a server inability to sleep. Finding help for him was challenging because of his young age and the need to find a doctor that would trust our experience, sleep logging and believe in my personal understanding of his sleep habits. I was desperate when we got the referral. I was so taken back by her understanding, commitment to help and desire to really listen that when we left the office the first time I was feeling hopeful for the first time in 3 years. He loved her, she was understanding, and we felt heard. I would recommend her without hesitation. As we continue to work with her we are a team and she is as committed to his well being as we are. I that that she can run late often, but when it's your turn she takes all the time she. I don't mind waiting for the best.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

We were referred to Dr. Witmans by a the Drs in Emergency at the new Strathcona Hospital. Our son has had asthma for 12 years, he was getting ready to compete in the Alberta Summer Games and we were on a tight schedule to get him seen by Dr Witmans. There were no available appointments, as she was leaving for holidays- in talking further with her nurse, she booked us in on a day that the Dr was off. We were impressed by our first visit, they completed the lung testing and sent back into the lobby, then called into the office. She went over our son from top to bottom, through all family history and ensured she has all information. She went through the past medication regiment, and what worked and what didn't, She prescribed medication that has been successful, and has helped immensely. When she was done our son, she went through our whole family- including our younger son who is also an asthmatic (without a referral). We then went to her office for a follow up for our eldest son, she tweeked meds, ensured everything was working and asked again to check our youngest son as he had a cold, so we thought. He was actually laboured in breathing and his SPO2 sats were low, she treated him immediately in her office. We cannot express how much we are grateful for having a Dr who is as caring, compassionate and knowledgeable as she is. She has ran late on an appointment but when you are getting a Dr who is as great as her ,the wait is minor. Dr Witmas is a must for anyone who is in need of a pulmonary Dr!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Manisha Witmans's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "To start I recieved 5 automated voice messages stating my appointment time and that the Dr was very busy on the day of our appointment for our little boys. On t..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "She listened to our concerns and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful! "

February 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After a few frustrating visits with our GP and Pediatrician, where they were very dismissive of the issues my daughter was facing. We were referred to Dr. Witm..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Although very busy, the wait was worth it. Dr Witmans took her time to review and piece together all of our daughters complex issues to help make sense of an is..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Witman was two hours behind her appointment time. She was condescending, rude and gave the most ridiculous advise I've ever heard. She kept telling my son th..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter was the last appointment of the day and only having a first consult. A full testing for asthmas was completed and a very thorough examination for h..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We met Dr. Witman's last week. We are from Saskatoon SK and travelled a long way to see her. She is simply amazing, caring and ready to help my 13 year old da..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Witmans is the best and smartes doctor who we met in Canada"

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My grandson is 4 with a complex set of issues that includes a server inability to sleep. Finding help for him was challenging because of his young age and the n..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We were referred to Dr. Witmans by a the Drs in Emergency at the new Strathcona Hospital. Our son has had asthma for 12 years, he was getting ready to compete i..."

September 11, 2014
  • City changed from "Edmonton" to "Sherwood Park"

March 7, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

December 4, 2011