Ratings for Dr. Manisha Witmans

Excellent personality, very knowledgable and truly cares about her patients

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

We travel 10 hours from Prince George to see Dr. Whit mans. After 10 years and 30 visits to BC children's. Also 10 hours away. She is like a breath of fresh air! She understood that all of the symptoms and problems both of my sons experience are interconnected and explained with her famous Venn diagrams why the treatments previously didn't work! I too wondered how she knew the answers to my sons questions when I did not? But I only have 2 sick kids, she has seen thousands and I dare say that given time and observation she has been correct without exception! Expect a different approach with this doctor, she is unique and bursting with information to share.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

If you want a doctor who listens, do not go here. My child has bad asthma and we have been hospitalized 3 times now. We have been to Whitman's the entire time until now. Each visit she never looked over our son at all. She always interrupts when you are trying to speak. She talks a lot about her theories but never gave us a good plan to follow nor did she answer any of our questions. She would talk over us, say to keep giving the medication she prescribed and would quickly leave the room. So, we would give our child the medication like she said and we would wind up back at the Stollery a few months later. On his second hospital visit we went to see Whitmans and she was no unconcerned that she didn't even know that he was in hospital. She said (Im sure you can guess) Just keep giving him the same stuff. Then complained about how my wifes purfume is making her sick (my wife wasn't wearing any). Nothing about our son. That was it. We were done. Went to another specialist and he is awesome. Took our sons condition seriously, read his background, got us on different meds, gave us a plan we can follow and understand. Whitmans will talk over you, doesn't listen, doesn't really care, and wants you out quick. Terrible. If your child has really bad asthma go somewhere else. Cannot recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

To start I recieved 5 automated voice messages stating my appointment time and that the Dr was very busy on the day of our appointment for our little boys. On the morning of the appointment we recieved another message on a different phone saying that the appointment had been moved ahead 30 min. When we arrived at the office the front staff said that they had no knowledge of the time change and that we would be in the room soon. We waited 60 min in the front room before being moved to an examination office where we waited for another 60 min before finally leaving after being delayed 2 hours past our scheduled time. Politely told the front staff that we could no longer wait and that I would like the Dr to please phone me when she was free. Still waiting to hear from Dr Witmans. I have found the whole experience of dealing with Dr Witmans office to be highly unprofessional and disappointing. I hope they can correct this behavior and improve their service

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

She listened to our concerns and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

After a few frustrating visits with our GP and Pediatrician, where they were very dismissive of the issues my daughter was facing. We were referred to Dr. Witmans- finally a doctor who was interested in hearing how she was feeling and listened to what we had to say. It was a very long appointment and a very thorough exam, I didn't feel rushed or that we were wasting her time. I wish more doctors took the time that she did with her patients.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Although very busy, the wait was worth it. Dr Witmans took her time to review and piece together all of our daughters complex issues to help make sense of an issue every other physician dismissed or could not see...she did not talk down to us and made us feel like someone actually believed what we saw happening to our precious little one. We highly recommend Dr. Witmans...she is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr Witman was two hours behind her appointment time. She was condescending, rude and gave the most ridiculous advise I've ever heard. She kept telling my son the symptoms he had and even though he was telling her that he didn't have those symptoms she kept talking over him. She drew me the most ridiculous Venn diagram telling me all his symptoms were interconnected. As if I just found this kid in the back alley and know nothing about him. I would never recommended her to anyone! She was so busy talking and didn't take a second to listen. She was so self assured that she knew everything about him. It was an absolutely colossal waste of time!

Submitted June 2, 2015

My daughter was the last appointment of the day and only having a first consult. A full testing for asthmas was completed and a very thorough examination for her as a whole person not just her sleeping issues. I feel that is the Dr. that we have been searching for to help her with her daily chronic migraine headaches and sleep problems. Looking forward to the next appointment.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Manisha Witmans's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent personality, very knowledgable and truly cares about her patients "

May 26, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We travel 10 hours from Prince George to see Dr. Whit mans. After 10 years and 30 visits to BC children's. Also 10 hours away. She is like a breath of fresh..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "She was great. She has a lot of information to share, and she is straight to the point. "

May 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "If you want a doctor who listens, do not go here. My child has bad asthma and we have been hospitalized 3 times now. We have been to Whitman's the entire time u..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "To start I recieved 5 automated voice messages stating my appointment time and that the Dr was very busy on the day of our appointment for our little boys. On t..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "She listened to our concerns and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful! "

February 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After a few frustrating visits with our GP and Pediatrician, where they were very dismissive of the issues my daughter was facing. We were referred to Dr. Witm..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Although very busy, the wait was worth it. Dr Witmans took her time to review and piece together all of our daughters complex issues to help make sense of an is..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Witman was two hours behind her appointment time. She was condescending, rude and gave the most ridiculous advise I've ever heard. She kept telling my son th..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter was the last appointment of the day and only having a first consult. A full testing for asthmas was completed and a very thorough examination for h..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We met Dr. Witman's last week. We are from Saskatoon SK and travelled a long way to see her. She is simply amazing, caring and ready to help my 13 year old da..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Witmans is the best and smartes doctor who we met in Canada"

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My grandson is 4 with a complex set of issues that includes a server inability to sleep. Finding help for him was challenging because of his young age and the n..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We were referred to Dr. Witmans by a the Drs in Emergency at the new Strathcona Hospital. Our son has had asthma for 12 years, he was getting ready to compete i..."

September 11, 2014
  • City changed from "Edmonton" to "Sherwood Park"

March 7, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

December 4, 2011