Ratings for Dr. William Hemens

very rude doesn't listen which meant I got sicker while under his care no comparison to Dr Kent

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr Hemens is notorious in the Muskokas for being beyond terrible with his beside manners, incredibly judgmental and completely inept at proper diagnoses and treatment. I recently had an accident whereby I received a substantial laceration requiring over a dozen sutures to close the wound. Without properly viewing and assessing the injury sustained, Dr Hemens closed the wound without any antibiotics, or cauterizing of the arterial bleeds I had sustained. He did not use any pain killers besides minimal and ineffective local freezing of the area and seemed bothered by my questions and concerns. Less than 12 hours after being discharged by him with no prescribed antibiotics or medication at all, I found myself being readmitted to the emergency room with internal hemorrhaging and an arterial spurting. After an additional 10 hours in the hospital, Surgeon Rohit Gupta managed to fix the damage caused by Dr Hemens. Dr Gupta was required to remove all of Dr Hemens sutures, properly clean the area, cauterize the internal bleeds and redo the sutures. I was then released with a prescription for antibiotics that was much needed after the butcher job Dr Hemens had done previous. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Does not listen to patient! Very quick to dismiss. Improperly diagnosis. Lacks bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I have required Dr. Hemen's care for myself and my family a few times over the years in Emergency, he was absolutely marvelous. I was thrilled to find that he was replacing Dr. Kent upon his retirement and have to say that he, again, have proven to be absolutely marvelous. If you need a Doctor that is knowledgeable, not afraid to speak the truth and "gets the job done". He is the Doctor to beat.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

When Dr. Kent retired, Dr. Hemens became my doctor. I agree that he likes to joke around sometimes but I also believe that he knows his limit in knowledge and is not afraid to say so

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Unfortunately Dr. Hemens works at the Archdekin Clinic, which has the rudest ladies working there. They don't help patients - they are an inconvenience to them. The unfortunate part is, there are many other people who are customer service oriented that should replace these individuals immediately. If you are reading this, and are an employee at Archdekin - put the customer's first! Help them out! Don't just shew them out the door so you can complete your paperwork. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

This Dr delivered my baby with a the help of the midwives of Muskoka and was great! Directed me and the baby was born in no time at all

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I think he is a wonderful Doctor. He delivered my son this past July, and is now a doctor to my daughter and family. I would recommend this doctor as he is very knowledgeable and easy to speak with. Despite and of the other negative comments below I disagree with all of them. He is a very good person and doctor. I enjoy his personality and humor which makes it more enjoyed to go to the doctors.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

While he may be the kind of attending physician you want staffing the emergency department, Dr. Hemens does NOT possess the people skills necessary to be a family doctor: arrogant, self-centered, poor listener. Period

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Uncaring, condescending, uninterested, dismissive. Of little help

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014