Ratings for Dr. Guy M. Boike

Excellent treatment from pre-surgery to recovery. I am blessed to have had him as my physician. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Dr. Boike seems to be an excellent surgeon. However his office staff and particularly Denise is terrible. She never returns phone calls and has no sense of concern for patient and their circumstances. Patients are in dire conditions suffering with cancer diagnosis and she won't return calls, is short on the phone when I 'catch' her, makes excuses to why she didn't return the 3 calls I made, 2 of which I talked with her directly and she doesn't even care. He really needs to get better staff.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Boike is great but the staff is horrible!! My first three month stage 3c post chemo appointment was a month late due to Denise . She kept telling me she neede a prior authorization from my insurance for the ct scan and the insurance company wasn't doing it and it took a long time to get it sometimes. I later found out the insurance didn't need it at all it was just an excuse for her. So my first three month ended up being four months . One year later I am now waiting on blood work orders to be sent. Today is Friday , my appointment is Monday, hmmm. This is after 3 request for the bloodwork. Horrible way to be treated when you have such a terrible disease!!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

excellent bed side manner and extremely knowledgeable. One of the best.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I was told by my Dr. that Dr. Boike was/is the best of the best. While I am uncertain about that particular status, I am concerned that after 2 months of having all my female reproductive parts removed, I am still bleeding. I have been to his office twice only to be told 1. I had a bad bladder infection. 2. Some vaginal bleeding is normal. I am very concerned as my surgery was due to uterine cancer. I have only had one issue with his staff being rude. I do wait for a long time for return phone calls.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I just had a hysterectomy last week and Dr Boike performed it. I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am that he was the one who did the surgery. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a caring and very educated Dr of his field. I seen the reviews regarding him and his staff and I can't even imagine how anyone didn't give a 5 star rating for everyone involved in his practice. I even felt very comfortable with his intern. A+ rating all the way!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I was taken by an ambulance to Covenant Hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit for several days before finding out that I had Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer in 2011. I feel very blessed and thankful that Dr. Boike was the leading physician who was and still is highly recommended by the doctors and nurses alike. When I asked Dr. Boike what my odds of surviving this awful disease were, he took the time to explain to me and my husband that I would need to be very strong and fight this cancer with everything I had inside of me, both physically and mentally. Dr. Boike was always extremely professional and honest when I peppered him with all of my questions. I appreciated his bed side manner, light tone, and sense of humor throughout my cancer ordeal. I felt Dr. Boike's staff Denise and Karen are continuously very kindly, helpful, positive, and upbeat during my checkups every few months. -Kindra Norlander/ Part A.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

Dr. Boike treated me with cervical cancer in 2006-2007. I was 5 months pregnant at the time.He done a wonderful job explaining it to me and what would happen. On January 30th,2007, I had my emergency c-section and emergency radical hysterectomy removing my bladder,a rib, lymph noids, and personnal things. My name is Tammi Heffner. My daughter is Madison Heffner. At the time of the surgery my husband had flown back from Iraq. He came and seen me after i woke up from surgery and explain to me what they did to me and what would happen. He explained the chemo therapy given to me after surgery. And after i got out the hospital he was there when they told me i was cancer free. But he was their from the time i went in till the time he told me i was cancer free. I am now a nurse at a local hospital in Ohio. My daughter is 5 years old nice and healthy but the asthma. And she started kindergarten. Thank you Dr. Boike for everything you done for me and my family.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

I seen Dr. Boike at my first appointment but never seen him the day he did surgery on me. I was told to call the office after my surgery to schedule an appt. for follow up. I did so the day afterwards and Karen said she'd call me back later that day or the next. No phone call back yet.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Dr was ok. But the staff was horrible. Denise is so unbelieveably rude and the receptionist doesn't know which way is up. The MA is Denise's daughter, I am assuming its the only that she can get along with. Horrible.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

Dr. Guy M. Boike's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)