Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Allegretto

I got my tonsillectomy done with Dr. Allegretto. It took about a year wait for me to actually have it done, but Yolanda (the receptionist) is great and very helpful when calling. The surgery was quick, and though the surgery was painful (as expected), everything healed great. I no longer snore or get tonsil infections. He's very busy, but it's worth the wait. It was my first surgery so I was nervous but everything went very smoothly.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I have found both Dr. Allegretto and his staff to be excellent and very helpful . I have a subglottic stenosis which has warranted several surgeries. I have found Dr. ALLEGRETO to be a skilled surgeon and very caring. His staff have gone out of their way to help to provide the needed access to a busy Dr. when I have needed emregency surgery because of my poor breathing. I really appreciate them all!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

My nose surgery was in April and it was a huge success as my breathing has finally returned to its normal state! Dr. Allegretto is skilled and was really easy to communicate with. He was also very kind and made the entire experience so much better.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I was diagnosed with a Subglottic Stenosis in March 2015 and the end of August 2015 Dr Allegretto performed laser laryngosopy.... I can breath again!! Very professional, informative.. he did what he said and I am well for the first time in 4 years.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I had a paratoidectomy & mastoidectomy in 2007 with Dr. Allegretto. Amazing. Friendly. Knowledgeable but the women who answers the phine is abrupt & doesnt seem to have the time to listen to your questions.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I have never been so disappointed with a medical examination as I was with Dr. Allegretto. I went to see him for voice problems after waiting almost a year to get in. I have had chronic heart burn all my life, and have seen my voice deteriorate in the last 5 or so years. After looking at my throat, he told me it was "definitely beat up," then asked if I was "one of those girls who's really loud all the time." I asked him if it could have anything to do with my acid reflux, and he dismissed the idea, telling me that he's seen "a lot of women like me" and that I need to "radically change my lifestyle if I want my voice to get better," recommending that I essentially stop talking. I have never had a doctor be so uncaring about my concerns and unrealistic in his recommendations. He reluctantly told me he would refer me to a voice clinic and 7 months later, I received a letter from the voice clinic asking me to send in a questionnaire, after which I will have to way another several months. Very unimpressed.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

His receptionist that answers the phone is a b**ch. she doesn't even give you the time of day.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr. Allegretto, and his staff are incredible. My experience has always been 100% Dr. Allegretto, has always taken the time to explain every detail, and expresses everything with kindness, and clarity. Thank you Dr. Allegretto, and staff, keep up the wonderful work.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

My experience with Dr. Allegretto and his staff was great. After almost a decade of throat problems I was referred to him to have my tonsils removed and it has done nothing short of change my life. Dr. Allegretto and his staff made me feel comfortable and informed of what the process was going be and what to expect through out. The consult was quick but informative. While some may feel his bedside manner could improve I felt he was just matter of fact and did not sugar coat anything which I personally appreciated. The day of the surgery both Dr. Allegretto and his staff ensured I was comfortable and answered any quetions I had, They did a great job of putting me at ease.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

The Doctor was very good. I know he's very busy but never seemed rushed. I would defiantly recommend this doctor. My surgery was great, felt a difference immediately.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013