Ratings for Dr. M. Shamsuzzaman

I went in for a medical concern and ended up having to get a minor procedure done. Dr. Shamsuzzaman agreed to do it since it could have left me very sick. He then gave me anti-biotics to treat any infection. I felt 100% again once he was done instead of having to wait 7 days to see my family doctor. Thanks for listening and helping doc.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Saw Dr. S. for the first time last year, I was looking for a new family doctor. He was respectful, listened to my concerns and was thorough . He came recommended from a friend and I understand why. He wants to know if you had to wait too long in the waiting room , and didnt rush through my appointment. The staff aren't over the top cheerful, however, efficient is more important, I'm not there to make friends. I try to have all my info ready and not waste time chatting so this doctor is a good fit for me. I have recommended him to other people.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I don't even know where to start. I have never had such an awful experience with a Dr. If you or anyone you know has had a bad experience with this Dr. please let others know by posting on here. I went to his clinic because my regular Dr. was on vacation and I needed medication refills. I take medications that absolutely must be taken daily. He ignored every word I said, wouldn't even look at me. He told me that I have to see the same Dr. every time for refills. I tried to explain that my doc was on vacation and the fill in Dr. was called to the ER. His response, "You have to go see your Dr." He didn't even listen to what I said. He eventually wrote me a prescription for 50% my normal dosage and for 5 days. (That really doesn't help at all!!) Then said "Don't come back here in 5 days. I'll kick you out" I couldn't believe how uncaring he was! I was borderline in tears. He just treated me like a criminal! Like a drug seeker! He could have called my pharmacy which I've been going to for years (I even had a refill form from them) to verify my dosages, see that I never need early refills and that I legitimately needed help. He could have checked and seen all of my quarterly urine tests that every time come back 100% how they should. I admit that my dosages are high and my prescriptions are a highly controlled substance, but I take them for legitimate reasons. For him to just judge me instantly and kick me out, well that goes against everything a Dr. stands for. It's directly against the Hippocratic Oath to "do no harm". He had the power to help me but chose not to. He did substantial harm! I ended up in the ER directly because of him. I have filed a formal complaint and found out that I am by far not the first! If you are forced to deal with this sorry excuse of a Dr., be prepared to be treated poorly.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Great family doctor! I have been going to see him for years and he is always very helpful, kind and knowledgable. I highly recommend Dr. Shamsuzzaman.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Two and one half years ago this Dr misdiagnosed as having an infection. The xrays which were taken were unreadable but i could not convince him to redo them.After nine weeks my wife came in to the office with me and insisted that I have the xrays redone. That day I went and had the xrays redone. The next morning I was called by an orthopaedic surgeon to immediately to the hospital. The diagnosis was a rare condition as a result of diabetes. My foot had collapsed but unfortunately due to waiting nine weeks it had already began to fuse and they could not perform surgery. I now have a very deformed foot, i am in constant pain, i walk with a walker, and I can not work. Then in January he tells my insurance company I can go back to work parttime. Good god I can barely get up to go to the bathroom at times. This doctor is arrogant, will not listen to his patients and shows visible anger towards patients and he will just walk out of the office and leave you sitting there. He does a volume business and he seems to cater to many immigrants. My longest appointment with him has been 7 minutes. Take my advice shop around.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Terrible physician. Makes you wait an hour for your very first appointment, then in the first five minutes tells you "You have no problems, you don't even need a family doctor." What a horrible man

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Previous comments pretty much sum up what I have to say. He doesn't seem to care about his patients. The office is filthy and the reception staff are ill tempered, unattentive and unapologetic when they get things mixed up.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Zamman is a joke and a horrible family doctor!!! I had been going to this doctors office since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I had stayed with Zamman based on habit as Dr Babchuk ( my first doctor ) and his replacement had both retired ( both these doctors were great ). I had several incidents with Zamman before I finally left and WILL NEVER go back and highly recommend everyone to avoid him like the plague. Like many others posting on here I never felt that Zamman actually listened to me as a person or patient and was always rushed out with as little care and attention as possible. My first real disappointment was when I thought I had broken my wrist after falling on ice. I couldn`t move it and went in to talk to Zamman. Upon `listening`to my issue he proceeded to grab my arm and lift it up ( not tenderly ) and I nearly punched him in the nose from the pain`he caused. He didn`t even say sorry. My second incident was after having to go in for several appointments in a very short period of time and consequently losing work time. I had my yearly physical and was waiting on test results and a recommendation to a specialist. I knew what my condition was as I had had it before and even had an operation for it. I got a call from the receptionist to book an appointment and come in AGAIN. I asked if there was anyway to have the information given over the phone because I simply could not afford to lose anymore work time. She insisted no & Zamman needed to see me. Rightly, I started to freak out & stayed that way until my appointment. I went in again and the basis for the appointment was to READ me a letter from the specialist stating it was going to be 18 month waiting period ! Thats it ! An appointment to read a letter ! ( Side note: I was in the hospital within the week having emergency surgery for that issue, thanks for nothing Zamman ). To top off the appointment he acted surprised when I wanted to know about the blood tests so he obviously hadn`t bothered to read or update my file. The final straw occured after taking a 1/2 a dose of a sample migraine medication. Within an hour I had a severe allergic reaction ( throat closing, dizzy, nausea, black spots in front of my eyes, chest felt heavy... the works ). I had to be driven home from work and called the office right away to talk to the doctor. The receptionist said he was in an appointment so I explained to her what the issue I was having and for Zamman to call me RIGHT AWAY. I was alone and scared to bits ! Zamman took 2 HOURS to call me back and said ``oh you dont like that stuff, don`t take it anymore``. UNBELIEVABLE ! He didn`t even ask me to come in and see him ! After that I was DONE. I had to make an appointment to have a letter read and ended up in the hospital anyways and then refused to be seen after I almost landed in the hospital again ! WORST DOCTOR EVER.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

always seems to rush through visits, didn't seem to friendly although he did say hi, will never go see him again. It could be the enviroment he works in no one seems to know how to smile, say hi and want you there except one person why would he

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

He is caring,polite,sincere. He is very well behaved person. He is very hard worker. I wish his good future in every respect.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013