Ratings for Dr. Michael Padonou

Dr Keelung Padonou repaired a hernia surgery (had it done in Abu Dhabi originally) and it's still holding strong. Very kind, compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I first met Dr. Padonou after being admitted to the hospital in September for gallbladder issues. Dr. Padonou met with me at the hospital - not only was he incredibly compassionate with a great bedside manner, he took time to answer all of my questions and reassured me that everything would be ok post-surgery (and what I should/shouldn't eat prior to this). The day of surgery was terrific - the staff at Queensway were amazing and Dr. Padonou was amazing. I was feeling good only days after the surgery (and with no pain killers). Words cannot express how thankful I am to Dr. Padonou - he is, simply put, an outstanding surgeon and human being. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

He was very professional and caring. Had a very holistic approach. Very knowledgeable. Overall - great experience.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

This doctor is both rude and incompetent. He began my appointment with insulting me by calling me "chubby." Which is not the proper medical term to use in communicating that a patient is overweight. I underwent an umbilical hernia surgery, which was completely boched. A year later, I require a more serious surgery to replace the infected mesh that was placed in my body. The only explanation for this is that he placed an unsterile mesh in my stomach. Would not recommend this surgeon at all.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I was introduced to Dr.Padonou in 2001 when he operated on me for double inguinal hernia. The experience was positive all around. From the diagnosis to the surgery he gave a demonstration of knowledge. Before the surgery he mention that while the left side was very visible ,he said at the same time I'll take a look to the right side since it was not to pronounced to the eye . There was the need to repair also the right one and 14 years later i still enjoy the results of it. 2015 i had to under go to a different procedure and it was executed timely ,got rid of the problem and back to work. Dr Padonou in both events took the time to explain the details ahead of time what implied the execution of the surgery he answer the questions in satisfactory way and to me this builds the trust.In no occasion a felt rushed .In most fields of life,you get out what you put in;that includes dealing with office's staff. If the case will arise i would recommend Dr Padonou R F

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

please do not be confused by the good reviews on here. I dont think any good review can truly excuse what this so-called doctor has done to my child. My son required a surgery and without putting up too many personal details this is what happened; "Dr."Padonou has cut open my son without fixing his problem (the whole point of surgery) and closed him back. Thank you very much my son now has a useless scar and requires another surgery since yours turned out to be more of a 1st april joke! AVOID THIS IRRESPONSIBLE PERSON

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. Padonou is an excellent surgeon, who is incredibly knowledgeable with a wonderful bedside manner. I was referred to him due to complications with my gallbladder, which he removed laporascopically. He took the time to fully explain the problems I was experiencing and answered all questions I had. It's been two weeks since surgery and I feel great (better than I have in months!). Given that I had a different laporascopic surgery on my abdomen just 3 months earlier, with a terrible recovery and various complications, having Dr. Padonou for a surgeon this time around made all the difference. Not only did I have minimal pain while recovering, the incisions were clean, tiny and he even repaired an incision from my previous surgery that had become infected and never fully healed. Dr. Padonou even took time out of his busy day-surgery schedule to see me in recovery and explain how everything went, something my previous surgeon never did, and he even returned my call while working in the hospital to answer some post-op questions I had. I am grateful to Dr. Padonou and his staff!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Doctor Padonou is a wonderful man, so patient and understanding. I had two surguries with the Dr. Both times went very well. It turned out to be cancer, but I guess I can't blame that on him. Have no idea how he could put up with the rudeness and nastiness of his office staff. That was in 2008, and I'm sure his staff has changed.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

I was very, very thankful to have Dr. Padonou as my surgeon. He is a wonderfully kind and thoughtful doctor, extremely caring and compassionate. He alleviated any concern or anxiety I had, and never made me feel rushed. He took the time to hear me and answered all my questions. He is very qualified and knowledgeable. I had total confidence in his ability. I would highly recommend him... An excellent physician. A very gifted doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Dr. Padonou is a very kind and compassionate doctor. He answered all of my questions and alleviated almost all of my fears. He is very thorough and extremely patient as my anxiety led me to ask 100 questions. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him by my GP. Just an all round very positive experience in what would be considered not a very positive situation.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013