Ratings for Dr. George Skelly

The medical profession has been VERY fortunate to have a doctor as kind and gentle as Dr. Skelly! I know he will be sorely missed in the town of Snow Lake when he retires. I hope he enjoys retiremeny to the fullest because no doctor deserves it more. God bless you Dr. Skelly. I rated as I did because he is always helpful and more importantly, showed concern and compassion for me as a patient; no matter how little or serious was my problem. He didn't always have all the answers for you, and would admit it if need be, but it didn't take him long to get on the phone and find out. We all love you Doc, and you will be soooo missed when you do retire.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

He was great when he was my doctor when i lived at home. He was always quick to get you into specialists if needed.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Dr. Skelly is the perfect family doctor. He has time for you, listens to you and responds appropriately. These are characteristics not found new doctors. Snow Lake will lose a great doctor when/if Dr. Skelly retires. We have been very lucky to have him as a doctor here.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Very helpfully!! Always done whatever he could to help you!!! Gets things done quickly!!! Going to miss him when he retires!! Thnx for being a great Dr to my family!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Very good Doctor , He takes your concerns seriously & if he can't help you, he will do everything he can to get out to see a specialist. He cares about his Patients !!! One of the Best Doctors . He will be Greatly missed when he retires

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

I saw Dr. Skelly during my pregnancy and he was wonderful. I have to admit, I was new to town and a little concerned due to his age. But, I had absolutely no problems. He was kind, knowledgable and I was well taken care of. Wish I could have him this time around for this pregnancy!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

has no problem referring you for help and does not hesitate to call others to get you help, he may be old but he sure as hell puts forth effort , he's going to be greatly missed when he retires

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Dr Skelly is a GEM. Although I think it is retirement time. I believe in his day he was excellent. I still find him to be most helpful. The good thing is he is not afraid to call anyone, anywhere for help, especially other health centres and other doctors. I guess at when you have been in that business for as many years as he has been, go for it. Happy Retirement when the time comes George!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

DELIVERED MY DAUGHTER AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER 34 AND 16 YEARS AGO. WONDERFUL DR.AND WE REALLY MISS HIM IN THE PAS,HIS WORKLOAD WAS HEAVY AND HE'S DONE ENOUGH TO DESERVE A GOOD RETIREMENT,BUT HE CARES TOO MUCH FOR HIS PATIENTS TO QUIT WITH SUCH A SHORTAGE OF DOCTORS.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

My husband had an accident up there when he was working construction and had to see Dr. Skelly. He told my husband that he had only sprained his ankle and could go back to work in a few days. As it turned out, we had him flown home the next day after spending a grueling night in that so called hospital; took him into emergency here and found out that he had broken his tibia away from his fibia and punched a twoonie size hole into his fibia. He required emergency surgery, with a great posibility of having his leg amputated due to the severity of the break,had a Exterior Fixation put on his leg, couldn't walk for 3 months, was in a wheelchair, and now he has a permanent disability for life. All thanks to Dr. Skelly who misdiagnosed him in the first place! I don't consider him to be a very good doctor who could do this to someone. My husband will never be able to work in his field again. Dr. Skelly was my doctor over 30 years ago in The Pas. I think he should consider retirement SOON!!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007