Ratings for Dr. Susan K. Bonar

I broke 3 bones in my ankle. Dr. Bonar performed surgery and I am now walking and working out with no difficulty. Dr. Bonar's expertise and experience were evident in everything she did. I would highly recommend her and her staff (simply do not understand the low ratings)

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

Not sure about some of the prior ratings for Dr. Bonar. My 10 year old had to have surgery on her foot and Dr. Bonar was amazing!! She was extremely kind, patient, and took the time to answer all of our questions. Her staff was extremely helpful as well. The surgery went great and my daughter is back on the soccer field in less than 2 weeks. I would highly recommend Dr. Bonar!!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

Do NOT recommend this Dr. she acts like her patients are a bother to her to the point that I wonder why she hasn’t retired by now. Her treatment is poor and so is her attitude. The staff isn’t helpful either.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

This doctor ruined my mom's feet and legs. Beware.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Worse experience of my life was seeing this woman. I am permanently disabled because of her! Not sure about the five stars given by others! If I could give no stars I would. Her staff is the worse excuse of a medical staff I have ever be subjected.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. Bonar has my highest recommendation. First, she took me as a patient right away after several other prominent orthopedic foot doctors turned me down. She took a holistic approach that began with the least invasive action first (eventually I did have surgery). At her suggestion, I began a comprehensive health regime that included diet, supplemental vitamins and increased physical activity to make me as healthy as possible before surgery and give my body its best chance to heal. We took it slow. Eventually she performed a revision surgery on my foot. During a long and difficult recovery I had regular x-ray and MRI assessments. Dr. Bonar was very honest with me when my first results after surgery were not what I hoped they would be. She gave me hope. As a result, I stayed the course. Thankfully, my foot actually began to heal. Things worked out for me. I now wear regular shoes with an insert and am planning to travel again. I do not have significant pain. My prognosis, confirmed by both formal medical evaluation (x-ray and MRI) and my own assessment of my situation is very good. I see by reading the other evaluations that some have had a different outcome. My heart goes out to them. I know how that feels. I lived with a bad outcome myself after my first operation. I know all about the anger, disappointment and fear after a failed surgery. What I can say about Dr. Bonar is that she gave me, and will give you, every opportunity to get better and have a positive outcome. She is a very skilled/talented surgeon who comes highly recommended by her colleagues and and those who do physical therapy after foot surgeries (I checked and I encourage you to check as well). She is a good surgeon. I listened to her and did what she said to do. I did the vitamin regime, stayed off my foot, and most important believed in her when my first reports came back negative. Her bedside manner with me was calming, positive and helpful. You will need to believe in your doctor and your doctor must have a the training, skill and talent to deliver a good outcome. Dr. Susan K. Bonar was all that for me.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

I highly do NOT recommend her. Patient care and knowledge is not on her priority list. I dislike her moody, superior attitude and after 2 surgeries I still have problems!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Bonar is patient, thorough, caring and extremely knowledgeable. I hobbled into her with a badly broken foot, fearing surgery. Walked out empowered with nutritional information and best healing instructions. One month later, no surgery needed walking nearly pain free and on a new path of nutritional health for a stronger healthier me. Dr. Bonar treats the whole person as an individual not just another blank face. Her staff is wonderful also; very efficient and helpful with x-rays, billing, scheduling and or any other questions that arise. I highly recommend Dr. Bonar!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Ten years later I'm still in pain. I still have a hole in the bottom of my foot that I can put my finger into. I have a staple that is trying to work it's way out of the hole. I nearly bleed to death when I awoke from out patient surgery and had to be admitted to the hospital. Was told after one year that she could no longer see me. That my insurance was no longer accepted by her. My foot looked like I had stepped on a land mine when I first saw it after the surgery. I had planters fascia.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

While reading reviews of Dr Bonar I was intriqued that either she was extremely liked or not at all! I have to say she did surgery on my Achilles tendon a couple years ago after first trying a less invasive approach first . she came highly recommended by my medical doctor. I recently had problems with my other ankle and was seen promptly. Her office staff is extremely professional but has a warm bedside manner as did Dr Bonar. Due to recommendations ..and past experience I would have waited how ever long it took to seek her medical care and expertise. Due to other health issues I met with some obstacles to get necessary surgery done, which her and the staff assisted in seeing the proper intervention happened. I will not only make the trek across the state lines to see her if ever needed but HAVE highly recommended her to others. I not only have the higest regard to her competence as a 'conservative' surgeon but also will confirm she has an extremely warm and concerned bedside manner. Because I can not receive MRI's she chose to scope the ankle and situation prior to the surgical procedure she anticipated. This Dr is well worth your confidence and competency. Felt she listens and asked all the right questions as well as did all test necessary to make an intelligent competent decision. After all the surgeons I've required for other health issues ( and there have been way too many needed) I hold her bedside manner and conservative treatment at the highest regard.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Susan K. Bonar's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

AHC