Ratings for Dr. Mario Toledo

He is the best OBGYN doctor in Carlsbad. He has delivered two of my children by planned c-section. When I was at the very end of my last pregnancy I had to wait longer than usual but he apologized and informed me that Hobbs recently closed their only OBGYN office and that Carlsbad was receiving many of their patients. He seems to be doing the best he can with what he can control. Of corse he is going to be late to a routine appointment if he has to deliver a baby, I would expect him to do the same for me. I went into labor early and he showed up at 2am. As a patient, you have to understand that being a doctor is still a "job" and that he has a family and deserves a vacation now and then. You have to plan and ask questions. I let him know that I would like to see him exclusively and would like to know his schedule around the time of my due date. What would happen if I went into labor when he wasn't on call? He let me know when he planned to be out of town plenty in advance, otherwise he would take my call even if he was not on call. He showed up both times and did a great job. I have had three c-sections and my scar is hardly noticeable. He was honest and told me that I need to take good care of myself, don't eat for two, take prenatal vitamins every night, etc... Some of my family has been offended because he has told them that they are gaining too much weight. Maybe he is blunt and honest but I don't take offense to that. Overall, a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I tried to like him, even after what was a traumatic experience. My baby was healthy and I was alive - wouldn't complaining be ungrateful? But the reality is that I was treated very poorly. He was rude, short-tempered, and ignored my right to informed consent. I was given an episiotomy despite having submitted in writing and telling him in person that I did not want one. I received it without anesthetic and without warning. Despite his assertion that I would tear less after an episiotomy, I still suffered third degree lacerations and sat through stitching without local anesthetic. The day after my child was born he arrived wearing golfing clothes and told me My son's male anatomy was too small to circumcise - which two different pediatricians told me was absurd.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

He is great I had to have c-sections with both children and he was just awesome!!! You ask him to explain something and he does. He helped me feel at ease everytime

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

His nurses and staff are great but he is not. I've had 5 appointments with him so far this year and the amount of time I've waited for him because he was late is close to 6 hours all together. He doesn't explain anything to me and actually asked why I would want to have a 3rd child??? I'm not on welfare and I have insurance. His bedside manner is almost embarrassing. He has said several medically inappropriate things to me in front of other patients and staff on a couple of my visits. I dread going to my appointments with him. On my last visit, I had a procedure done and he showed up over a hour late, wearing jeans and snakeskin cowboy boots. Awesome. Too cool. He always seems so arrogant and after visiting him over 5 times in the last few months, he still acts like hes never seen before.. we have to go over everything, every time. I've actually decided not to have that 3rd child just because he might be the one to deliver it.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Very Professional. Explains thing very thoroughly to you. The staff is GREAT! I would and have recommended him to others.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

He is the best doctor! His office staff is great and very friendly! I recommend him to everyone I know!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

He has been my Dr. since 1994, and he is wonderful. He is always very professional, and his office staff is the best.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

THE BEST DOCTOR IN TOWN HANDS DOWN!!!! HE DELIVERED MY 3 CHILDREN AND WAS AWESOME!!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2007

Very friendly. Never waited long in the room. He was always on time, & you were in & out if needed.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

After nearly 20 as a patient, I feel I've always been treated with respect and importance.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2006