Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Silver

I've know Dr. Silver for years and the man is extremely knowledgeable. Yes, he is shy and he does tend to "tell it like it is" but he works hard to make changes (as do we all). I think that is one of the things I admire most about him, is that he does try to improve. Take the running late for an example, yes he use to run late, this has vastly improved over the last several years though and, at the most, he may be 10 minutes behind. He always returns calls the same day and I find he always is clear about any potential side effects of medications he prescribes. I also like that if I'm having a "health emergency," he makes time for me that day. Overall, I find this to be an office of people who care about my well-being.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

I am a new patient and have seen Dr. Silver only a few times so far. He is helping me to manage recently diagnosed diabetes. Thus far, I find him to be very thorough. He listens, answers all my questions, shows compassion and interest in my well being. His office staff is absolutely wonderful. Since I travel to Edmonds from Sequim, my appointments have been set up to accommodate the ferry schedules and once I arrive, there is never more than a 5-10 minute wait. I am absolutely thrilled to find such a wonderful doctor and staff. For the first time in my 69 years, I actually don't mind going to the doctor. I only wish there were more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

Even though I was warned by my primary physician, I was truly shocked by how impersonal and rude Dr. Silver is. Even though I am a relatively healthy youngish woman with a thyroid problem, I left the appointments feeling like he thought I was on the verge of death. He was extremely insensitive about my weight, and continually ordered far too many tests, which made me wonder if he was trying to make money off of me. I was only sent for a consultation, and suddenly I was on all these meds, one of which actually gave me horrible leg cramps from lowering my potassium so low. He never discusses anything with you, or give you any warning about possible side effects. He is also extremely obsessive about numbers, in that when my blood pressure was 122/70 he said it was too high unless it was under 120. He was shocked when I ended treatment with him, but honestly it was one of the most liberating things I've ever done. I'm usually really assertive, but even I couldn't deal with this guy.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

I usually try to avoid these "Waa Waa" sites and it just goes to show I right. I have no problems with Dr. Silver. I will say he'll tell you like it is and isn't going to soft soap it. His staff is always accomedating and after the first couple of appointments seem to know you on sight. They've always taken a personal interest in me and my life. I wouldn't go anywhere else

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

You know, I found this site while on hold for another 20 minutes today, waiting to make an appointment with Dr Silver. I can't say I'm surprised to read what I find here. I don't think I've been seen on time once. I haven't had a single call returned in 4 months, including some recent ones where I was on the brink of running out of insulin. It took my pharmacy 2 more calls to the doctor on call to work out a temporary vial of insulin while I again continue to try to make an appointment. The doctor is seemingly knowledgable but has a lack of people skills to the point of absurdity considering what is needed for this line of business. If you don't like people, why are you working with them all day? Questions are always unanswered and ludicrous amounts of testing and lab work are always called for no matter what. After seeing advertising material for testosterone medications in every room in the practise, it wasn't surprising to find the same test recommended to me.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

I think he was knowledgeable, but he was just very "unapproachable" somehow. He did not invite my input or seem sympathetic to what I was going through. He had no patience with me or my lab results' failure to fall into line after he prescribed what was undoubtedly the precisely correct treatment. When I failed to lose weight as he had ordered me to, his only response was a suggestion that I have a gastric banding procedure (I am not even overweight enough to qualify for that procedure according to my insurance company). I am sad that he is the only endocrinologist in the South Snohomish county area. We are stuck without anybody who is knowledgeable and approachable.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I'm not surprised to see Dr Silver has not changed. I saw him from 2000-2001. The original doctor who diagnosed me said I should be an informed consumer and that I should ask questions about my care. Dr Silver never took me seriously and sometimes actually laughed at my questions. He may be very knowledgeable but it doesn't make up for his rude, arrogant, god-like complex. The last time I saw him my husband made a point to go with me. Dr Silver was shocked when he walked in and saw him there. Of course I was not treated the same as on previous occasions. In my opinion he should not treat patients. His skills are more suited to research where he wouldn't have a lot of contact with people.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

He should be reported to the medical board associations, I agree with all of you, he is a jerk.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Used his services for several months. Very poor communication skills. He never really explained why he was doing something. At one point I was in severe pain and his attitude was he was busy with someone else so why don't you just go to the emergency room. He was very slow in returning phone calls. Transferred to another doctor and the difference was like night and day. This is the only poor rating that I have ever given a doctor but I was extremely disappointed in him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

Dr. Mark A. Silver's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Health Net