Ratings for Dr. Amy Manchanda

Dr. Manchanda is just great. I couldn't recommend her, and the wonderful support staff at Cole Harbour Optometry, enough! They seem to really care about your clinic experience from start to finish.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Everything is a money grab with her. I am a single working mom on a tight budget so I always look for the most bang for my buck. She gives a good eye exam but gets rather rude when you don't buy your glasses (which are way over priced) or lenses from her. Now my family doc sent in a referral for an eye problem (covered under MSI) and the receptionist called me to say they had to do an eye exam first... which I would have to pay for of course. I just had an exam done last fall at Costco because they were more reasonable priced. Think I'll have my doc send that referral elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Wonderful place to do business and have your eyes taken care of.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Manchanda is a stellar eye doctor! She goes above and beyond (and then some) for her patients. The staff at the office are also all phenomenal. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a new optometrist in the Dartmouth or Cole Harbour areas.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I recently moved to the Halifax area and was in search of a new optometrist. Several of my colleagues recommended Dr Manchanda. I was so pleased when I heard she was taking new patients. Her receptionist was so accommodating to get me and my husband in on the same afternoon so we only had to make one trip. Dr Manchanda gave us both thorough exams and personally helped us choose new frames. We were both so pleased with the professionalism and care of Dr Manchanda and staff. I just love my new glasses and get so many compliments on them. I love how she keeps up with the latest styles.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I couldn't disagree more with this last comment. I, too, have been seeing Dr. Manchanda for over 20 years and have never in my life encountered a doctor who cared more about her patients then her. NEVER have I had a problem with a prescription nor has any member of my family, 5 of whom see her. I do find occasionally she runs behind but this I can only attribute to her exceptional care. I cannot imagine ever waiting for 4 months for glasses from Dr. Manchanda as every pair of glasses I've had from her office have arrived within 1-2 weeks. In my experience this last review could not be further from the truth.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

After having Dr. Manchanda for 20 years I have to say, no more. I spent a fortune on glasses that had to be replaced a couple times, retested because glasses were blurry and were wrong originally. Finally got glasses after 4 months and they were still wrong. This happened for both me and my husband, Went to a different Dr. and the original rx was wrong, so I found out, got new glasses and wow, I can see. Same with my husband. She needs to slow down in her exams and not be so eager for the end result. money

Submitted January 19, 2016

I can only agree with all of the preceding commemts. A very pleasant, knowlegeable and prosseional doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I started going to Dr. Manchanda many years ago and have since recommended my entire family! She saved my father's eyesight as he was given a diagnosis (and was being treated for) something that he did not actually have. She is very knowledgable and her staff is the best!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I've been with Amy for many, many years and never have I had any doubt about her examinations or treatments. She is quick to refer for further exams or second opinions. I was pleased by this action when it was discovered that my retina had detached and I was able to get laser treatment immediately.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014