Ratings for Dr. Glenn Chan

I read every single review on here prior to going in to see Dr. Chan. The reviews are correct he is a little pricey but extremely knowledgable. He has a fantastic staff at the front desk that are helpful. His hygenists are good and gentle. I saw him at my cleaning session then had to return for fills. He did the needle without hurting me and the fillings were fast. That was two weeks ago and no pain still. My whole family is booked now to go see him. He takes limited new patients so we were really lucky to get in and see him.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

He good guy and nice guy and funny with are kids. We are happy to meet him and will be happy for future office visit. Thank you for the good experiences for us. Very good job and good work.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

He has so many reviews compared to others our family were skeptical of this dentist. Positive things// his team got me in for an emergency immediately and get my family in for a cleaning within a few days. What a nice change! There's virtually no paperwork compared to other places. Parking is free. All the staff are super nice... ALL of them! He spends lots of time with me and gave me a options for my cavities. Negatives// he works limited days because he has two young kids he said. His prides are higher than the fee guide so expect to pay when your done... i bet it's because he has so many staffs because we were never rushed and someone was always with me. Another.m negative is he doesn't do some sleeping dentistry but his partner dr. Comfort does laughing gas he said and joked that he was nicer but but Chan was still funnier ha ha. Overall *****/*****

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

We are new to his office and found him from google. I had already seen another dentist that told me I had a root canal to be done. I didn't get a good feeling because he was rushed and so I searched and found Dr. Chan. He inspected me and said I needed a root canal and also a crown on the same tooth.He said he was uncomfortable doing the root ca al without the crown because sometimes the teeth will crack. I got the root canal and cap done and now have a report. His prices are higher then some as I checked around.But if you value honesty and awesome service in the dentist chair and at the front counter it's worth it. I never felt pressured and felt he was very kind. One thing that was interesting and appreciated was that on the first visit he interviews you as you interview him. Then he asked me if I wanted my family to work with him.It was really nice to be asked instead of lectured and rushed. I have to also mention Erin and Lexi who were very nice to us.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

What a great doctor!!! I went to another dentist and diagnosed 7 cavities which is rare for me. I went to see him for a second opinion and he told I had zero cavities. He is honest and very friendly. He doesn't want to make money diagnosing something that is not true.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Very kind man with okay prices and good service from front desk. I agree with other comments that dealing with Dr. Chan only accounts for less than half the experience but the rest of the experience has also been positive. Thanks for the professionalism!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Single mom with two boys here. Things are busy! Found Dr. Chan on this website. He is lovely! Kind, gentle, did not rush any of us. His team is great and they all were easy to deal with. He is pretty funny too! Too bad he's married lol!!!! Five/five

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr. Chan is amazing! I had an emergency issue with an abcess and he got me in very quickly...and got the problem fixed that very day! Dr. Chan cares for hus patients and it shows! He followed up with me even after working hours and works with you to help you even after the office is closed! by far the best customer service and care I have experienced! I highly, highly recommemd Dr. Chan!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I just had my wisdom teeth removed today and this was after visiting over 3 different clinics to get an opinion on if I should get my teeth removed or not. A year ago I went to HarkerChan to get an opinion and they ruled that I should get them removed, at this time though I never met Dr. Chan. However fast forward a year, my teeth came out and it was imperative I get them removed. I must say, out of all the dentists I went to seeking an opinion, and out all the dentists I have seen in my life time, Dr. Chan has blown my past experiences out of the water. I came alone for my extraction, and I felt very comfortable and at ease, not to mention this was my first time meeting him. He was funny, and personable and its just an added bonus that he knows what he's doing. My family has seen other dentists at this clinic and they have nothing but good remarks, and it should be noted that, my family is hard to please.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

So glad I chose to meet him off of the reviews on this site. I'm an anxious patient and he was extremely kind and calm. He has a new patient for life!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Glenn Chan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Glenn Chan was born in Brantford, Ontario and relocated to Calgary in 1981. He attended Bishop Carroll High School then completed undergraduate studies at University of Calgary in Cellular, Molecular and Microbial Biology. From there he was granted early admission to University of Alberta, Edmonton for the dental program. In 1996 Dr. Chan graduated with Doctor of Dental Surgery and returned to Calgary to practice. Dr. Chan began practicing dentistry with Dr. Harker in 1998 and by 2002 was made a partner in the dental office. Since then he has continued his education and has received many certifications. Dr. Chan’s dental interests include oral surgery (wisdom teeth removal) and endodontics (root canal therapy). Dr. Chan played classical piano for 15 years with the Royal Conservatory of Music as well as studied classical music theory and composition. In his spare time Dr. Chan and his wife attend local venues, work out, and critique reality shows. They can also be found in local restaurants and movie theatres and chasing after their two children. Dr. Chan holds memberships in the Canadian Dental Association, Alberta Dental Association, and Calgary District Dental Society. Dr. Chan loves practicing dentistry and meeting new patients each day.

• English