Ratings for Dr. Amy Tu

Be wary. Not all doctors graduate at the top of their class. Dr Tu definitely did not. In my surgery the knife slipped .. the only reason I've alive is because the on call surgeon at the hospital was able to fix what she did.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

horrible MD. ruined my sons circumcision and how he needs surgery. do not recommend at all

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Saved my ovaries! I had a tumor the size of a grapefruit along with a liquid cyst that filled half a liter up with the liquid. Dr. Tu was able to do everything laparoscopically and I am having no shoulder pain from the gas at all. I had surgery six hours ago. I have both my ovaries. I read the other reviews before my surgery and I personally don't know how others had bad experiences with her. I have nothing bad to say at all!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

DO NOT go to Dr. Amy Tu, she is utterly incompetent! I have PCOS, a lifelong painful reproductive disorder. Dr. Tu insisted she take me off my pain meds and give me a depo shot, even though I have a history of bad reactions to birth control ad I didn't want a shot because if something went wrong I couldn't do anything until it wore off, which can take up to a year for it to leave your system completely. I asked over and over what the side effects were and she kept repeating that there were none, just some "mild weight gain". Well, after getting the shot I had crippling abdominal pain and suffered a MONTH LONG period, during which I could not even walk. I later learned these were well-known side effects of depoprovera. And the kicker? She said that if the depo failed she wanted to give me an IUD, something that you should NEVER implant in a woman who has never had kids before, and that goes double for sufferers of PCOS or endometriosis! This is grounds for a malpractice lawsuit!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

I won't recommend her at all. I called her couple times when I bleeded and she won't even take the time to see me. In the end, I lost my baby. She is cold and not responsible.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

went in to see her and found out the baby was not alive she questioned me if I was even pregnant and then stated if I was I would be loosing it.. she was cold and rude manners. When I went home I decided that she was not the Dr. for me or my needs so I canceled my appointments with her, with in a half hour she called me and demanded to know why I was not going to have her as a dr. was she joking me to call me at home after she just told me what she did, just a horrid experience for me.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

She seems nice but a bit disorganized I just had a miscarriage which ended in a surgical D&C with another office out of state. But I am very uneasy about this pregnancy and wanting to know everything is ok. I have to go 6 weeks between appointments and she is always loosing my records so every time I see her she wants to do a pelvic or more bloodwork. The rest of the group is great try for Dr. Johnston or anyone else but avoid Dr. Tu. I am going to look into switching. I cannot take 6 weeks between appointments in the first through second trimester after suffering a traumatic loss it is driving me nuts and the loss of all my records every visit is very obnoxious. The hospital is very nice.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Cut happy! If you want a natural birth find another doctor. DOES NOT listen to her patients. Is a surgeon that occasionally delivers babies. Ask her what her c-section rate is!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Tu is an amazing doctor. She delivered my first two babies and was always very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. I am now pregnant again and am very pleased to have be able to share this wonderful experience with her again. Love her!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

I liked Dr Tu a lot in the begining of my pregnancy, her office location is beautiful & clean. She's young & hip. She always mde me fell comfortable. I was very suprised in the end she really was ready for a vacation & wanted me to be induced before she left. I of course declined because I wanted a natural birth. She really pushed it so I went along with it. I ended up having a c-section. I was dissapointed with the end result she didn't seem to care as much near the end. I later found out she was pregnant so, maybe she was tired? I just know I wanted to try someone else. I've heard great things about Dr. Cook, good luck trying to get into him though & I've heard great things about Dr. Holtzman.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Amy Tu's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

• BCBS Massachusetts