You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Max Steuer

Dr. Steuer and Carter, are the most amazing team to have working to find all of the missing pieces of my neurological symptoms. I am usually working with them as a member of the healthcare field coordinating patient care with their medical practice and the medical facility where I am employed. However; I never thought about getting the phone call that I needed to see a neurosurgeon on an urgent basis. I hadn't seen Carter and Dr. Steuer face to face for several years. It was so nice that Carter remember me just from a simple meeting years ago, and listened to my entire neurological history and how Emory had just said that no one was going to be able to find an answer for me. Dr. Steuer reviewed my medical history and the images of all MRI's that had been completed. He was very honest and gave me his recommendation, and when I asked him if you were the patient what would you do? He gave his answer with no hesitation, and had the staff start on my referrals and sending my medical records. When he returned to the exam room that I was waiting in, I was crying my eyes out and just wanted the pain to go away, I was so tired of being sick and that this pain had stolen my very active life, and that I just wanted to hold my little boys hand again and give him a big hug. This simple little thing that one takes for granted in loving your child daily, is so extremely painful, and my little boy, is always trying to help Mommy, because he know that Mommy is in a lot of pain. Dr. Steuer was so compassionate and set with me to help calm me and didn't want me to drive until I had taking in all of the information, and what we needed to do to find the entire answer of my medical condition and even made me promise that I would immediately call a friend to just talk about my medical condition, so that I could make the move to focusing on the next step of my plan of care. In today's medical world, this is a something very special, to having a caring and compassionate team working with you. In recent years this side of medical care has totally disappeared and patients are just known as their medical record number. Dr. Steuer and Carter, I can say is a team, every patient would want fighting to find their answers and providing top rated care in the neurosurgical field.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Tried to get appointment for over two weeks with no return call. the did not take our insurance but a return call would have been helpful. We heard he is a good surgeon but his staff is lacking! a return call would have been helpful

Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr. Steuer is not only an amazing person, he is one of the best at what he does. Would definitely recommend him for any neurosurgery.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Excellent surgeon. He is extremely talented and spent time explaining to the family the entire procedure. He made time to answer all our questions. His staff has been available months after surgery to help us in any way.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

I had a lumbar back fusion Feb 06. I have had a long and painful recovery. I will not be finally healed unti Fed 2008. I may have to get a scotter to get around in. Steuer is an outstandimg suregon and truly cares about his patients and their needs both pre and post op. During my post op he would come to me and ask me if there was something he had not done to make my visit more comfortable. He was avaible if I needed him and we would talk about my progress. He talked so I could understand. I was always pleased about this.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Max Steuer's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Steuer and Carter, are the most amazing team to have working to find all of the missing pieces of my neurological symptoms. I am usually working with them a..."

November 10, 2015