Ratings for Dr. Paul Andrew Schumacher

Went to see about surgery for a hernia, he insisted on a colonoscopy. Perforated the bowel during the colonoscopy but didn't notice it. Sent me home. An hour later rushed to emergency in extreme pain. Had emergency surgery by another surgeon to repair the damage which saved my life. I would go to a vet before returning.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I have had several times over the past few years to need Dr. Schumacher's care and expertise. He is decisive and quick to act once all the facts are in and I am sure this saved my life, I feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful person in my corner. Another great indicator is how all his staff feel about working with him, always smiling and happy to be at work. Thank you .

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Schumacher is an excellent doctor! He is very knowledgeable, has a great bedside manner, great looks, does not rush you and despite being a very busy man is willing to see you until your problem is rectified. We are very fortunate to have him in our area. His staff is also very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Very nice Doctor. Doesn't rush you and has great bedside manners.Noes his stuff. Follows up with results quickly.And refers with no trouble.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

I found this surgeon to be adequate. He appears to be overworked but did get me in for a procedure almost immediately because of my condition and problem. He was adamant about having told me to do something to prepare for the procedure and I am 100% sure he did not. At the time of the procedure, I was scolded for not having followed the prep instructions!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Shumacher performed a colonoscopy on me for abdominal pain. During the procedure I was awoken with severe pain. I was yelling out in pain until the procedure was over. When I asked the nurse afterwards why I was in so much pain, she told me I had a twisted bowel and it could be the cause of my pain I've been having. When I was visited by the doctor he told me it was all good news and all I had was irritable bowel syndrome. No mention made of the twisted bowel or the reason I was having so much pain. He has not returned my calls or agreed to meet with me again. I am extremely disappointed in the treatment I have received by him. He concluded irritable bowel even before doing the procedure and will not even consider anything else and in the meantime I am on the floor in pain when I have attacks of pain and nausea. I am extremely disatisfied with his behaviour.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

slow and unorganized, missed major details involving my cancer.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Schumacher is very knowledgable and extremely hardworking. His bedside manner is kind and reassuring. He treats his patients like gold and the staff who work with him with respect. I will be forever grateful to this incredibly skilled surgeon. My case was very difficult but he did a wonderful job. I am very pleased with the outcome.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Schumaker promises to be an unusual surgeon, he is obviously knowlegable but as well friendly and very approachable, nothing seems to be too mcuh trouble. When presented with a problem or symptom he addresses it immediately and stays on it till it is resolved to his satisfaction. I am indeed fortunate to have been in his care, Go Dr. Schumaker go!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007