Ratings for Dr. Manjula Dua

Dr Dua, appear to understand my needs after our first visit. I got the appropriate meds and all was good. Then I had some serious anxiety issues and when I was looking for some coping help she basically told me to suck it up. At this point I see her to refill my meds.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Great Dr. Very knowledgeable. Staff was super friendly!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Has excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills. Punctuality needs improvement, however due to the possible reason of psychiatrist shortages lateness may not be her fault.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I know it seems she pushes pills,but she is trying to find what pill best suits you. Dr.Dua is a great psychiatrist. Just give it more than a few visits to rate her. She needs to be stoic in this job.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

since i first saw her shes probably put me on 5 different meds (including a whole new bottle clonazepam when she was told i'm trying to stop taking it because i keep overdosing on it) ive found none of these meds helpful, and i dont feel safe taking them. the urge to kill myself gets stronger when i have an appointment with her, seeing her makes me feel absolutely hopeless and i feel like i'm treated like a child but the lady at the desk is really nice, and Dua is usually on time.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Dua for many years now, and I think many of the comments here must be "taken with a grain of salt". Yes, her high fashion attire is interesting, but I wouldn't call it inappropriate. Yes, sometimes one must wait their turn, but isn't that the case with most aspects of healthcare? Yes, she prescribes medication- that’s what psychiatrists do. If you are looking for someone to engage in extensive talk therapy, and who doesn’t prescribe, then perhaps you should be seeing a psychologist instead. And yes, I have seen her in good moods, and less than good moods. She has seen me in the same circumstances. I would not expect any person to be continually buoyant, day after day- we are humans after all. I think it's best to focus on her abilities, since that's the reason we visit her. She is extremely knowledgeable about mental illness and related pharmacology, and has worked tirelessly on finding the correct combination of medications that work for me while minimizing side effects. This is a challenging process for both the patient and the psychiatrist, and yes, sometimes she can be a bit aloof, factual and abrupt. However, no one is perfect, and I would much rather have a physician that tells me the frank truth and helps me get better than one who doesn’t. I owe my happiness to Dr. Dua, and I am grateful to have her as my psychiatrist. And Darla is amazing too!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I arrived 10 minutes early and saw her last patient leave 2 minutes before my appointment time. Then I waited 25 minutes. She finally came out into the reception area and even though I was the only person there did not acknowledge me. I saw that she has been sorting her mail while I was waiting. She then had a conversation with the receptionist, shredded some papers, looked over at me, then sat down at the reception desk and started talking again with the receptionist. Keep in mind I was only here to get a prescription. After another 5 minutes of this I got up and left. I called when I got home and complained and told them to close my file. I will find a doctor that is a bit more respectful of their patients. The receptionist 's response was okay.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Lots of melds! She put me on lithium and did not tell me that the warm/hot summer weather affected this drug. As a result I ended up in emerg with kidney failure. I find her very hard to talk to and explain how I'm feeling. Unfortunately, she's the dr that I have to see.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Excellent knowledge. Province has shortage of pschy. doctors. and tries to take on as many patients as possible. In order to help prov. need patients from Calgary to Leduc attend office. Been in office. phone Secretary lots always get immediate immediate response. Been in co off since amalgamation.Worth having DR try to to get you in with office!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Good luck trying to get an appointment. The answering machine is always on and no one returns messages. Very unacceptable for a practice that is supposed to be treating people in distress/people with mental issues.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015