Ratings for Dr. Margaretha Rebel

We met with Dr. Rebel for the first time today. After reading all 5+ pages of her reviews I was slightly nervous. Turns out she is absolutely AMAZING. I have no idea why there are so many harsh reviews, most likely because people never like to talk about their positive experiences, just complain about ones they feel are bad. So I wanted to put my piece of positivity out there. Dr. Rebel was wonderful to deal with, she was kind, compassionate, thoughtful and so smart. I love all of her qualifications and vast history in her medical field. Both my husband and I cannot wait for our next appointment with her and the doctors working with her! Two thumbs up for a GREAT doctor!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Dr Rebel has zero bedside manner. She feels she knows more than everyone and is very judgemental. Going through IVF is already stressful enough let alone you have a doctor that makes you feel like you don’t matter. All the others doctors at the fertility clinic are so wonderful! I very much enjoyed when I was lucky enough to have them. I would not recommended dr rebel for anything! I did three rounds of IVF with the last one being so incredibly awful that it has caused me to rethink trying again. It was so bad that the interns and nurses were taken aback by her demeaning and holier than thou attitude. The nurses apologized to me so many times for her behaviour. I don’t know why this doctor is still ay this clinic. The have such wonderful doctors ans nurses. She doesn’t fit in.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

I just came from meeting with Dr. Margaretha Rebel for the first time. She is lovely and professional and she made me feel at ease the moment she introduced herself. She looked me in the eye and answered all of my questions and did not rush me out of her office. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

simply ughh.....nasty cold unfeeling...let me guess, she's also a professor!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

Going to a fertility specialist is stressful and sensitive enough without someone, a doctor and specialist no less, making it worse! I have been treated horribly by other doctors before, but thought a specialist would have more care and respect for this specific field and patients that come in to her for genuine help.. Instead, I was verbally berated multiple times for not getting pregnant within her time frame and she yelled at a resident in the hallway prior to an appointment about how she "told me to get pregnant!!" She refused to perform procedures on me saying I need to get pregnant and "lose a few (babies)" before coming back to see her so that she has a "real problem to deal with" and/or that I was being dramatic over an issue that was a problem for me, but that she didn't care to deal with - which was said to my face. I had a miscarriage (that was due to an assault) demeaned and I was told that because she hasn't personally seen an ultrasound (5 years after the fact and knowing I didn't have a family doctor at the time), that my dead child was in her opinion, non-existent and essentially a figment of my imagination - which naturally, had me sobbing in the exam room. Her unwillingness to perform a procedure on me ultimately led to a stranger getting a call from her office to set up an appointment (I later found out that my contact information had been changed behind my back, after my last visit with her). When I asked her office what number they called and what happened, I was told that they left a message with my personal information on said stranger's voicemail.. I called that wrong number and spoke with him. He said they called, but hadn't left any message. Good to know that her office not only lies to patients directly, but that they or Dr. Rebel herself, fraudulently alters medical documents and contact information. All to avoid performing a procedure she feels is unnecessary. I had the procedure and a subsequent surgery done by another specialist, there was a real problem and it was infact worse than they had expected. I can't imagine ignoring it for the "2-4 years" Dr. Rebel had suggested and having to endure the mental, physical and emotional pain and heartbreak when I either lose babies or cannot get pregnant. Every doctor agrees to adhere to the hypocratoc oath that states they will not willingly or knowingly cause undue harm onto a patient. She boldly and defiantly does this time and time again! Her medical license should be stripped away and Victoria Hosptial in London, Ontario really needs to reassess whether she's worth the liability to their hospital's reputation. I have NEVER been so repeatidly disgusted or offended by a doctor in all my life. I wonder how a fertility specialist could be so bitter, vicious and intentially harmful to patients and still have a job. She's not a young woman, so I can only imagine how long her abuse and professional misconduct has been going on for. ** As a note, if I could give her a rating of 0 for the topics listed with this review, I would. She doesn't deserve anything higher than a 0 rating.  -- DO NOT RISK YOUR HEALTH OR FUTURE BY SEEING HER --

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Dr. Rebel is a fantastic physician. I absolutely adore her, and greatly appreciate the time, care and attention she has paid to me and my multitude of health issues faced over the last few years. I went on here to locate her address and have found that there are very mixed reviews. This woman is the most educated, hard-working individual I have ever met. She is a true professional in every sense of the word. Yes, her bedside manner is different, but for me, different is good. She listens to me every time, and is very calm, caring and kind. By the time I finished with my fertility journey, I had very many obgyn's that I had worked with. None of them warmed the speculum to a perfect body temperature as her, nor performed their examinations without zero pain or discomfort. Dr. Rebel 100% knows every inch of a woman's body and treats it very respectfully. She is extremely talented and not only heads the Fertility Clinic, but also works in paediatric gynaecology and takes a keen interest in teaching. Just looking at her bio -- makes me very proud to have known her and to have been lucky enough to have been her patient. If Dr. Rebel is your doctor, count yourself lucky. Ask questions, come prepared for your visit and I think you too will agree, that she is indisputably one of London's finest.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

She has always ensured that I fully understood what was going on with my body and never left me with a dissatisfied and I always leave feeling comfortable and confident.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

We mostly dealt with the resident but Dr. Rebel was kind and courteous to us. We had a few questions and she was very patient with us. She and her resident were very sympathetic about our situation and were helpful in reassuring us that it might not happen again. I will go back to Dr. Rebel.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

A monument to arrogance. Imagine being married to such a crude redfaced overly opinionated WOMAN! Wonder who wears the pants....hmmm....

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Have been seen by dr. Rebel for years and loved her! I have 3 children even after a very complicated diagnosis her time effort and research into me case went above and beyond! Also her team was always so wonderful!! A lot of the negative reviews are shocking! Not the experiences I've had with her at all! This doctor knows her stuff!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017