Ratings for Dr. Thérèse Hodgson

Receptionist, Susan, is not helpful and thinks she's a doctor- it's not okay how she talks to patients and staff and then makes decisions for the clinic without talking to her doctors first. For Dr. Hodgson, once a great doctor but now she is never in the office and seems to have lost her interest in patient care.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Hodgson's for approximately 10 years. 5-10 years ago I would say that she was wonderful, compassionate, thorough and available. But something has changed. She is rarely available and when I do see her she is quick, disinterested and appears rushed or off. She now has other physicians working for her and it is not helpful to always see someone new at each visit. Also, what's most frustrating is her front staff, Susan- she isn't friendly and acts too much like a doctor and you don't feel respected. If I could roll back time 10 years I would! The only plus about staying with Dr. Hodgson and her office is that she is connected to another clinic that offers counselling and nutrition coaching and you can see their nurse practitioner too. The staff on Canotek Road are wonderful!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I have been going to Dr Hodgson since I was 15.. I am 34 now... I love her.. great doctor.. always takes my concerns seriously and is very knowledgeable. All 3 of my children also go to her now as well. I moved to Kanata and still travel across town as I like her so much I will not switch to one closer to my home.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

our family have been patients of Dr Hodgson for over 23 years and I cannot say enough about how great she is. I would hate to lose her as she and her staff are the best.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Thank you Dr. Hodgson and if I may say Thérèse after knowing each other for 24 years, for all the good care and advises throughout the years, all your work and effort has been very well appreciated. As you know I have been living on the Quebec side for more than 10 years and have now found a family physician, my only hope is that she will be as compassionate, dedicated, knowledgeable and wonderful as you are. Also special thanks to your staff and you too Suzanne for all your hard work.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

My Physician was away this week so I went to see Dr. Hodgson. I had never met her before, and was a bit nervous to have to discuss the medical problem I was facing with a Physician I did not know well. She instantly put me at ease. Dr. Hodgson is very thorough and caring. She showed me tremendous compassion and empathy. I would definitely recommend such a knowledgable Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr Hodgson is always very helpful. One of her quality is that she actually listens to her patients or her patient's parents and values their input, their opinion and their feedback.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

If the current health system deficiencies are to blame for the alleged wait times and concerns regarding "attentiveness", I can't imagine how this has affected those physicians who couldn't rate anywhere near the level of skill, knowledge, expertise and compassion of Dr. T. We have felt rushed on very few occasions too, but with the realization that our case was never urgent or concerning, just some routine stuff. She pays attention to detail, asks all the right questions and analyzes the situation very proficiently. Would never leave her practice, even if there were a plethora of new doctors in the arena!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Dr Hodgson is really care for the patient. She is the best family doctor as I known. My 16 daughter also like seeing her because she really take time when it needed. I do not mind the waiting time, because it is the same everywhere. The staff is very helpful, I always get all information when I do need to do any test, or see specialist. Thank you doctor Hodgson. Now I moved to Barhaven, but l never though of seeing any other doctor. Patient since 1992.?

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Hodgson's since the early 90's. I always spoke so highly of her but something is changed in the last few years. She doesn't show the same compassion and interest as she once did and I often feel I'm bothering her if I need to make an appointment. That's why I try not to go see her as much. I was really surprised the last time I saw her she wasn't as sensitive as she once was. I think it is too many patients and not enough time. Its a shame she was such a good Dr. and now I just don't want to have to go see her unless I HAVE too. Her staff are for the most part very helpful but someone should remind Susan she is not the Dr.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011