Ratings for Dr. J. Lazovskis

Is hands down the worst doctor I have ever had. He does not listen nor care about what you have to say. It's his way or no way, as he told me "I am the one with the medical degree." He is incredibly difficult to work with, is rude, condescending and has a very big ego. I have a very rare autoimmune disease and since he has taken over my case, I have had nothing but major problems and have no quality of life. Unfortunately he is the only rheumatologist in Sydney... so if you want a doctor who is actually going to help you, prepare for the 5 hour trip to Halifax.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

He is terrible. Find someone else. End of Story.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

He is behind the times in his knowledge. The sad thing is, he is all we have in Sydney, Nova Scotia. He has a very condescending attitude toward women. It's a crime that I will have to travel 5 hours to Halifax to speak to a Rheumatologist who will truly want to help me, without assuming he knows he. I can honestly relate to the others here with the same opinion.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Has made the world of difference in my health. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Lazovskis for many years now. He has been very helpful with my conditions and is working with me and my team of doctors to figure out what is best for me. I appreciate the extra effort he is putting into my current health situation and trying to coordinate with other specialists:) thank you

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I think it's absolutely ridicilous that it's a 18 month - 2 year waiting list to see you. I know our health resources are slim - especially with only one rheumatologist here in Cape Breton - but from what I can see on this site - will not be looking forward to this meeting at all. Not a happy camper right now. I waited a year now as it is - now I have to wait another year. Here's to hoping I won't be in worse shape by then.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

This doctor was over an hour late seeing me. After that his greeting to me was that he was going to "see" if I really had my previous diagnoses. The exam was about as personal as being probed by an alien medical team and all his "findings" were communicated to me in the form of dictating a response letter to the quack who referred me to him in the first place. He "disproved" a lifetime of diagnoses made by a family physician I'd had for 30 years during a cursory 30 minute visit, suggested that I get a "good night's sleep" instead of thinking I have chronic fatigue and generally called me a hypochondriac and med seeker despite the fact that I had to tell him 3 times that I am unable to take any prescription pain killers. Since this visit, which was on a "good" day, I was seen in Emerg by a dr who confirmed previous diagnoses by only my physical appearance on a "bad" day. He undermined my mental health, my previous dr and my ability to communicate my symptoms. Terrible experience.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

What is the difference between Dr. Lazovskis and a duck? The duck quacks and "Dr." Lazovskis is a quack. I have been diagnosed by several doctors and specialists as having Psoriatic Arthritis and when I went to see Dr. Lazovskis yesterday he told me that I did not have Arthritis and was just "overweight". This so called doctor also told me that I needed to start exercising more and when I told him that I walk just about everywhere I go, he told me that "walking is not exercise" and recommended jogging. Most competent doctors who know what they are talking about will tell you that jogging is not recommended for someone that has arthritis as it jars the joints but he insisted that I jog instead of walk. Needless to say I am going to be going back to my doctor and demanding that I see another specialist as I am going to need a second opinion. The best advice I can offer to anybody is steer clear of this guy and look for another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. L. for over 4 years. He continues to work with various medications to find a combination that not only can I tolerate, but help ease the pain & discomfort I experience as a result of my RA . I appreciate his 'never give up' attitude. He has always been available for any inquiry/concern I may have had. I would most certainly recommend him to anyone !

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013