Ratings for Dr. J. Lazovskis

Really cares about his patients. His staff is second to none!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

A terrific specialist who really knows his stuff. Very friendly, considerate, patient and interested, not just in your problems but in the world in general. Would be a fascinating person to also know socially. The negative reviews are bizarre.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

the best doctor that i ever had.he seem that he really care about his patients, take his time to explain everything do not rush you out like most doctors.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Is hands down the worst doctor I have ever had. He does not listen nor care about what you have to say. It's his way or no way, as he told me "I am the one with the medical degree." He is incredibly difficult to work with, is rude, condescending and has a very big ego. I have a very rare autoimmune disease and since he has taken over my case, I have had nothing but major problems and have no quality of life. Unfortunately he is the only rheumatologist in Sydney... so if you want a doctor who is actually going to help you, prepare for the 5 hour trip to Halifax.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

He is terrible. Find someone else. End of Story.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

He is behind the times in his knowledge. The sad thing is, he is all we have in Sydney, Nova Scotia. He has a very condescending attitude toward women. It's a crime that I will have to travel 5 hours to Halifax to speak to a Rheumatologist who will truly want to help me, without assuming he knows he. I can honestly relate to the others here with the same opinion.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Has made the world of difference in my health. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Lazovskis for many years now. He has been very helpful with my conditions and is working with me and my team of doctors to figure out what is best for me. I appreciate the extra effort he is putting into my current health situation and trying to coordinate with other specialists:) thank you

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I think it's absolutely ridicilous that it's a 18 month - 2 year waiting list to see you. I know our health resources are slim - especially with only one rheumatologist here in Cape Breton - but from what I can see on this site - will not be looking forward to this meeting at all. Not a happy camper right now. I waited a year now as it is - now I have to wait another year. Here's to hoping I won't be in worse shape by then.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

This doctor was over an hour late seeing me. After that his greeting to me was that he was going to "see" if I really had my previous diagnoses. The exam was about as personal as being probed by an alien medical team and all his "findings" were communicated to me in the form of dictating a response letter to the quack who referred me to him in the first place. He "disproved" a lifetime of diagnoses made by a family physician I'd had for 30 years during a cursory 30 minute visit, suggested that I get a "good night's sleep" instead of thinking I have chronic fatigue and generally called me a hypochondriac and med seeker despite the fact that I had to tell him 3 times that I am unable to take any prescription pain killers. Since this visit, which was on a "good" day, I was seen in Emerg by a dr who confirmed previous diagnoses by only my physical appearance on a "bad" day. He undermined my mental health, my previous dr and my ability to communicate my symptoms. Terrible experience.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014