Ratings for Dr. Subhas Chandra Ganguli

Dr. Ganguli and staff are fantastic. I feel like he and the receptionists really care for me as a patient. Taking the time to reschedule my appointments on emerg. and listening to my concerns. I really appreciate a Doctor that is also know knowledgeable about Food and environment affecting a disease. Their are so many chemicals and toxins in our food to make us sick and get these diseases in the first place. Its nice to know the root of the problem, not just covering up the symptoms with a prescription. Thanks for your care in my health.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr Ganguli is a fantastic doctor and a great human being. He takes his time answering questions. I had very severe colitis, that resulted in serious blood loss. He gave me great advice and cured my colitis. I have been in good health since. He has a huge load of patients, which mean there can be long wait times, but he is worth the wait. He will give you his full attention when you are with him, and is happy to let you participate in your health care decisions. I cannot say enough good things about this doctor. CP

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Cold hearted doctor, if you like nothing done for years on end and broken promises as well as long wait times go ahead with him. Only got sicker seeing this doctor until I i left him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Excellent doctor, very experienced, helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

His knowledge and his desire to share with you as a patient is outstanding. Dr Ganguli has been dealing with my 90 yr mother his patience and honest approach has been greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Been going to this guy while I have severe possibly life threatening symptoms and all I get is repeat tests with too much time in between and a useless prescription that dosent work. This man has to start scheduling multiple tests in a day as opposed to a maximum of 1/week. I hope he feels good going to bed at night knowing fir a fact he could do a much better and much quicker and more efficient of a job while his patients sit around and die.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

I asked my GP to refer me to Dr Ganguli, as he had knowledge of Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, which I thought I was suffering from. He did one test, came to no conclusions, other than it was my diabetes, even though I was sick long before I was diagnosed as a diabetic. I even asked him about the CVS, and while he did agree that it could be that, as my symptoms were exactly as described for that syndrome, we never came to any conclusions. So, here I am a year later, and with no answers. My blood sugars are consistently under control- I now range in 5-7 for testing. He likes to talk about his website a lot. While I have not gotten anywhere with him, I did appreciate the time he took to see me. I never had to wait a long time, and he is very personable and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

I began seeing him when I was 18 years old. I had lost 20 pounds within about a month's time which had my GP referring me to him. He initially expressed that my symptoms were very severe and booked me for some tests. It's unfortunate that everything is booked 6 months apart including the time between the test and follow-up. And after all that time I'm waiting at least 2-3 hours in the waiting room of his office, and at the time I was already anxious about being away from home due to my constant abdominal pains & symptoms. After 3 years with him he only offered me the first-line treatments for IBS (which are for patients with mild symptoms while mine were severe). I had my diet adjusted so well that it brought my IBS from severe to moderate, but still was not enough. I also began having frequent episodes of fainting, especially at my workplace. Dr. Ganguli just shrugged all this off, and told me he couldn't do anything more for me. It seems he knows a lot about IBD, but was no help for IBS. I felt completely abandoned.. I was a young girl who's lifestyle was falling apart (and contemplated suicide bc of the pain) and there was no effort from this GI specialist to help me. Later on I used my resources and found strong research papers on the use of antidepressants for IBS (as 95% of serotonin receptors reside in your gut). I had my GP prescribe them and it only took the first dose to clear my IBS symptoms. It has been 2 years on these meds and they are still working completely. I'm even able to introduce foods back into my diet over time, I assume because the damage caused by the spastic small bowel is healing slowly but surely. My ability to find this known IBS treatment that works for me reinforces the disappointment I have with Dr. Ganguli. I feel for the IBS sufferers who will never know a life without suffering.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Ganguli and agree with all the positive comments about him. He is thorough, attentive, and patient, even when I had a hard time explaining my symptoms. He keeps up to date with the research in his field, and I really appreciated his open-mindedness. I would recommend Dr. Ganguli to others.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Friendly, efficient. He really knows his stuff and seems as though he is truly passionate about gaining new knowledge in his field so he can provide his patients with high quality care. Also, great sense of humor:)

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012