Ratings for Dr. Andre Lamy

Excellent surgery, takes pride in his work, truly cares about his patients. He is an excellent advocate for his patients. Great philosophy of medicine, values patents care above all else. He goes above and beyond when he knows the patients value of life!!! He is not afraid to take on complex patients and do whatever needs to be done and in doing so honors the patients and family values and wishes. There is a willingness to go beyond his expertise and actually call on other experts and educate himself in other medical fields if necessary for his patients. He embodies the meaning of "DOCTOR" . Others would learn a great deal from him and it would be a GREAT privilege to be trained by Dr Lamy. My family can not thank him enough for what he did for my husband and father over the past year..... We were blessed to have him. he gave us more time with my husband and father.....

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

I had open heart surgery at the Hamilton General in November 2017.Dr Lamy was excellent both in his surgical skills and his bedside manner. If you need heart surgery this is the doctor you want to have and this is the hospital you want to be in - they know what they are doing and they do it extremely well.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

very impressive doctor ...needed my operation immediately and he cleared time to do it immediately nothing but good things to say about dr lamy good people person he explained the whole procedure

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Lamy operated on my husband on Dec. 20, 2016. My husband was air ambulanced from Thunder Bay to Hamilton on Dec. 18, 2016 in critical condition. Dr. Lamy performed a very difficult aortic valve and aortic graft surgery on my husband. Due to previous health issues, my husband was a very difficult case. However, due to the amazing skill of Dr. Lamy and the team in the ICU at HGH, my husband survived the operation and is doing extremely well. My husband has no recollection of any of the events leading up to the surgery or the recuperation at HGH. I am, therefore, sending my thanks and my husband's thanks to Dr. Lamy for his survival.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Lamy looked after my father and was absolutely wonderful with him prior and post surgery. He was also great with our family. I would totally recommend anyone that needs a cardiac surgeon go to him.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr Lamy's office has not been helpful scheduling my grandfather's surgery. My grandfather was told that he would have surgery within 3 weeks, and they would be in touch. Three weeks have past and still no word from the office. Follow up calls to the office have not resulted in any info. The office staff just keep pushing back with the same excuses - still reviewing the case. It appears Dr Lamy and staff have no regard for my grandfather's well being. I have asked his cardiologist to refer us to a more competent surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr Andre Lamy performed an off-pump triple bypass on me in Jan 2011. HOw can one state that this can be a wonderful experiecne for this critical issue. But it was. His alaysis of my issues, the confidence shown prior and after surgery, and the outstanding care and results 6 years after all point to a great doctor. Thank you Dr. Lamy and your collegaues, I would not be here without your intervention technique.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr Lamy and his staff were wonderful with the care and aortic valve replacement surgery of my 84 year old father. They handled the care of transfer of records prescriptions from another city flawlessly. I couldn't have asked for better care and attention for my father. Our family has the utmost respect for Dr Lamy and his team. We thank them all for being there for us!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Excellent care with very good follow up both I and out of hospital. We feel fortunate to have had him d0 my husband's surgery

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Dr. Lamy operated on my brother and unfortunately because he was adopted did not do the proper research into his previous heart surgery before proceeding with by pass surgery. To make matters worse, the hospital kept my brother alive for 3 subsequent weeks knowing that he had no chance of survival. I wished we would have insisted contact with Sick Kids to get his history and I also wish the hospital had been honest with us that he was dying. The only positive thing is that they did arrange for my brother to be transferred back to our home community hospital where he died. Dr. Lamy and other physicians involved need to be honest and bring in the hospital ethicists in these situations. Why my brother was not considered a transplant candidate to begin with still troubles me.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015