Ratings for Dr. Dale J. Giolas

PLEASE LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE BUT THIS MONSTER. IT IS LIKE VISITING DR JEKYLL AND HYDE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO UNPROFESSIONALLY IN MY LIFETIME LET ALONE FROM MY DOCTOR WHO IS SUPPOSE TO BE HELPING MY MENTAL HEALTH!!!! FOR YOUR OWN SANITY PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE. I MAKE SURE TO LEAVE A REVIEW MONTHLY ONLY TO SAVE PEOPLES WELL BEING. IT IS NOT OUT OF REVENGE. ONLY TO SAVE YOURSELF. GOD BLESS YOU AND GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING A GOOD DR!!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Giolas saved my life and he was my doctor for 28 years.. I was never hospitalized ever again after he became my doctor. He is incredibly brilliant in his knowledge of psychotropic medicines. Because of him I was able to return to work. He always remembered how my personal situation impacted my care. Was able to deal with and treat me appropriately with my psych meds which could have or did have impact on some other serious physical medical problems which I saw regular physician specialists for. My entire medical profile was very complex. He helped me tremendously because I have severe allergies to medications too. Didn't care for his secretary too much but could definitely understand why she was the way she was because of the type of patients he dealt with. I found it very sad and unfortunate that perhaps his personal life caused him to lose his license. He was very gifted in has knowledge of psychiatry and medications..

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dale Giolas was a nice person and seemed like he wanted to help. HOWEVER, he misdiagnosed me and prescribed anti-depression meds (Cymbalta) that I should have never been taking. That horrible medication caused intense mania / manic moods that turned me into someone I'm not and I did things I would normally never do with no appreciation for the consequences . Because of this horrible medication (and being Mis-diagnosed) I lost my marriage, lost friends and family, lost my career that I loved, faced criminal charges for theft that cost me $25,000 in legal fees, was suicidal more times than I care to remember, and spent money like it grew on trees. I'm still trying to recover from the HE** I was put through BUT refuse to fully blame Dale Giolas for what I went through. He was a human and made a mistake, it happens. Unfortunately his mistake led me down some dark roads that cost me so much but as a part of my current therapy I won't blame others for what happened to me.

Submitted May 1, 2017

I figured Dr. Giolas license would get suspended sooner or later.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I met Dr Giolas when I was going through an acute withdrawal syndrome coming off of prescribed morphine for chronic pain. I was unable to sleep for 10 days and was referred to Dr Giolas to get help with sleep. It was no easy battle but he stuck with me and tried many different medications until the correct one was found. I also suffer from severe depression and anxiety. Dr Giolas never gave up on me and never acted as though I was annoying even though I am a hard to treat, medication resistant patient. He always remembered where our conversations left off from the previous appointment a month prior and never belittled my problems but acted genuinely concerned about how best to treat me. I have felt a huge loss since his departure and look forward to when he returns to his practice where he is meant to be.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Giolas since i was fifteen years old. He was the best doctor i have ever had. He was very kind and helpful through my battle with alcoholism and addiction. He helped me get a prescription within a few hours for an antidepressant when i was borderline suicidal. He saved my life. I am very saddened that he has closed his practice but I will always remember him as the doctor who saved me when I was at the lowest point in my life

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Very egotistical doctor. While I may have waited til the last minute to refill my RX, I called & left message on his ans service that I needed a refill before I left to take dtr to school. Unfortunately, I called on Day of my FIL's funeral, so was emotional, and when he called back he was verbally abusive. Would NEVER recommend this physician, even if he does get his license back

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr giolas is a psychiatrist who knows what he is doing I look forward to his return

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr Giolas has been my Doctor for twenty years! He saved my life! I am sad to hear this and hope he comes back because I will return to him!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I have to admit, I was pretty pissed when Dr. Giolas left me high and dry when his DEA number was suspended. I couldn't get my meds refilled and ended up going into a withdrawal and psychosis... not fun. When I was seeing him, I think the TMS helped a bit, but that was all done by his wonderful nurse Rosemary (so helpful and competent!!). He tried me on a ton of different drugs, and I didn't like his style of piling drugs on top of drugs to help with side effects. I got to the point where I didn't know why I was taking half of my pills. Overall, not my favorite dude.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Dale J. Giolas's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1984)